• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

gossi

It works the same as Destiny. You can resell or rent the disc. You need it in the drive to play (unless digital).

Senoculum

Pre-ordered a while ago along with my girlfriend. We're going to be a pair of sarcastic Khajiit who travel into the darkest caves and dungeons to trade with the best warriors Tamriel has to offer. We've been on a media blackout, so I don't have a clue as to what to expect!

My girl was really into WOW so I know she's thirsty for an engrossing experience. The last MMO I played was DC Universe Online, so I'm ready for something bigger :)

Mononoke

Banned
Huh. Wasn't expecting to hear positivity around this one. I'd be interested in jumping in for the XBO version if this actually fares well and has a decent GAF presence...

I put my name on the list for the Xbox Roll Call. However, I just realized I have no idea about the X1s performance. Then again, I own a PC, so I'm clearly not choosing the best performance I have access to, so I'm not even sure it really matters.

I didn't keep up with the console betas, so I'm going in blind.

idonteven

kinda annoying that the servers are already up...wasted 4 days to download this game and then i see that people with the disk can already play

Branson

Pre-ordered a while ago along with my girlfriend. We're going to be a pair of sarcastic Khajiit who travel into the darkest caves and dungeons to trade with the best warriors Tamriel has to offer. We've been on a media blackout, so I don't have a clue as to what to expect!

My girl was really into WOW so I know she's thirsty for an engrossing experience. The last MMO I played was DC Universe Online, so I'm ready for something bigger :)

Is this game even set up in a way (like other ES) that you can actually roleplay like this?

ObiDin

I put my name on the list for the Xbox Roll Call. However, I just realized I have no idea about the X1s performance. Then again, I own a PC, so I'm clearly not choosing the best performance I have access to, so I'm not even sure it really matters.

The Beta ran great, I had zero lag during my playtime. And it's 1080p-30fps.

gossi

There's my YouTube video in the OP, which is recorded entirely on Xbox One. It's 1080p, 30fps (near enough locked - I have a separate video on capture card with fps counter). Runs between High to Ultra settings from PC on console.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Oh God, I hope you're serious. The proximity chat will lead to comedy gold, especially if you sneak up on people. XD

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The next 13 hours needs to go by quick
As in be sarcastic with your responses in the actual quests. Or just go off and find dungeons to loot.
I may be wrong but I don't think there's many dialogue options. They definitely want you to explore beat places in each zone while questing.

Z3M0G

Can you easily fall behind someone in power who is playing more often? A buddy convinced me to get this, but I won't be playing it nearly as much as him.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
If you paid for the PC to console transfer, you can download now, and may not need to wait for your email.

Go to http://account.elderscrollsonline.com and go to your billing history. The transaction for the copy now has a redeemable code. (for me at least, US account) Not sure how long that's been there.

Was your download code listed under the charge on the date you paid for the transfer?

I see a 12 digit code on that, but the PS store tells me it's invalid...

Silvard

Well, let me give this inquiry another try:

Hey guys, I'm jumping in with the PS4 version and I've been having some trouble finding up to date detailed resource about game mechanics, so I figured this wouldn't be a bad place to ask.

I'm still looking at the classes and races, trying to decide what to pick. I understand that every class can do every role, since most of the skills are shared, but I can't appreciate just how much your chosen class defines your character, and how significant the racial bonus are towards the potential of your character. Is it possible to be a, for example, a sorcerer battlemage, mainly focusing on melee DPS (since at least for the single player elder scrolls games I've always liked melee combat more than magic, but with the flair and flavor of being a magic user) while still using utility and buff spells? Kind of like a gish, to use P&P terms. Or will I be gimping myself by choosing that class and "role"? How about being Imperial on top of that?

I don't mean viable as in the regular game while leveling, I mean viable even on high end content. I'd be happy to get more details on the game, the hype has really built up for me in these days preceding launch.

Was your download code listed under the charge on the date you paid for the transfer?

I see a 12 digit code on that, but the PS store tells me it's invalid...

It was in billing info, was the last charge on my account of £12.99 and had a code under it in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX then I put that in the redeem code portion of the PS Store online account page.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It was in billing info, was the last charge on my account of £12.99 and had a code under it in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX then I put that in the redeem code portion of the PS Store online account page.

Did you do it on the PSN web store or on the ps4?

EDIT: It doesn't work in either the web store nor on my PS4... ugh

Trogdor1123

Im really interested in this game, is there some good footage of the PS4 version? Im always weary of youtube footage of games that have PC counterparts.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Looks like the NA ps4 guild will be Daggerfall Covenant. Still need a guild name.

Psn info:
Quote to reveal spreadsheet.

Dunlop

Clearly I'm missing something as other ps4 users have the game.

Can I start the download without the code I am supposed to receive today?
I tried the link in the op, it just brings me to my account summary

I can see the pretty picture of the ps4 current but have no options

Clearly I'm missing something as other ps4 users have the game.

Can I start the download without the code I am supposed to receive today?
I tried the link in the op, it just brings me to my account summary

I can see the pretty picture of the ps4 current but have no options

Go to BILLING INFO on the left, and it will show all your transactions, on the £12.99 one it will have a code with it XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, try that on the redeem code section of PSN or the PSN webstore

gossi

If you are having problems redeeming your PC transfer code Zenimax told me you need to wait for the email. Not all the codes are active yet. They're working on sending out.

Hmm, there does seem to be the occasional FPS hiccup where it freezes randomly, but given this is an MMO it might be lag.
Cant quite tell yet. PS4 Version.

dubq

Looks like the NA ps4 guild will be Daggerfall Covenant.

Ugh..

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Dunlop

Go to BILLING INFO on the left, and it will show all your transactions, on the £12.99 one it will have a code with it XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, try that on the redeem code section of PSN or the PSN webstore
Thanks, must be because I am on a mobile client. I do not see that

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
Hmm, there does seem to be the occasional FPS hiccup where it freezes randomly, but given this is an MMO it might be lag.
Cant quite tell yet. PS4 Version.

interesting, I have watched tons and tons of console footage and read tons of impressions online for both the PS4 and XB1 version and this is first time I have read of frame rate issues.

hope its just lag.

gossi

For info, the EU Xbox One guild will be up shortly (I'll update OP with info). It will be Aldmeri Dominion (yellows).

How does the game handle match making?

I really like Destiny, but the fact there is no match making for the new PvP Trials, and any of the 6-man raids is infuriating- especially when they have a good match making option for other content.

I don't want to have to go post on Reddit or NeoGAF LFG threads every time I want to do group content.

gossi

How does the game handle match making?

I really like Destiny, but the fact there is no match making for the new PvP Trials, and any of the 6-man raids is infuriating- especially when they have a good match making option for other content.

I don't want to have to go post on Reddit or NeoGAF LFG threads every time I want to do group content.

Press Menu -> Multiplayer -> Group Finder to find a random group. Then select what you want to do, e.g. dungeon (think Strike), trial (think Raid), PVP (think Crucible but with 1500 players).

Pastry

Banned
I've lost interest in the Witcher due to a number of things so I'm considering trading it in and picking this up. There is a 10% extra trade in value this week and I get an additional 20% value because it's my birthday week. I'll be watching reviews carefully.

Concept17

So I noticed if you pre ordered you have the ability to change alliance no matter your race? Does anyone know how that works? I have a few friends starting with me and want to make sure we stick together.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
By the way, there's no master looters to worry about. It's all personal loot except for treasure chests.

I quit WOD because of that. Pug raiding with the community split between master looters and personal looting was horrible.
So I noticed if you pre ordered you have the ability to change alliance no matter your race? Does anyone know how that works? I have a few friends starting with me and want to make sure we stick together.
In character creation all the races will be able to join any faction. Normally (non-preorders) it's 3 races per with imperial only getting to pick between them.

gossi

It means you can pick any faction, regardless of race. All your friends must select the same faction - it's very very important otherwise you can't play together at all.

Lexad

Looks like the NA ps4 guild will be Daggerfall Covenant. Still need a guild name.

Psn info:
Quote to reveal spreadsheet.

I will be doing daggerfall as well for ps4. Saxsoon. This is great my friends and another forum I frequent wil be using this covenant

Top Bottom