• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition has been rated for Nintendo Switch

Draugoth

Gold Member

It looks like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition may finally be coming to Nintendo Switch.

After the game was reportedly rated in Taiwan earlier this year, it has now been classified in Europe too.

As spotted by NintendoPAL, the game has been rated by PEGI, which for some reason lists it as releasing for Nintendo’s console on August 31, 2022.

Gudji

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

My account has me staying out on the road much less than I used to, so my Switch usage has plummeted in the past few years. I literally have no use for this.

That being said, all the Creation Club content is worth $20 if you already own the base game.

Mr Hyde

Fuck! Just bought it for PS5. Put over 200 hours into it on Switch and had a blast. Oh well, the 2 seconds of load time wins me over for now. But if there is a upgrade path I might bite.

Skyrim and GTA 5 are racing to see who can whore themselves to more platforms :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Skyrim is on a different level. Skyrim releases multiple times on the same platform. This isn't the first time it's been released on Switch.

GTA V just gets a new version every time a new console generation starts, since it's still selling like it just released a decade plus later.

winjer

Gold Member
So many great classics that never saw a re-release. And then we keep getting Skyrim, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Mithos

There was one for the anniversary edition on other platforms so I guess so?

It’s 19.99 for the upgrade on Steam.
I wish, then I wouldn't have to be careful about my game trying to update itself (It wants to update to AE, it's there lurking in the steam client waiting.)

seriously lost count on how many bloody editions there are of this 2011 game. bethesda make rockstar look innocent.

When ESVI comes out we'll be set for the next 10+ years.
I might finally play this game.
It was good when it came out. It's severely dated now. Don't waste your time.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
It was good when it came out. It's severely dated now. Don't waste your time.
Have to disagree here.

Still plays great (especially in VR) and is still fun to play with mods and/or new builds no matter the version.

Even Oblivion hasn't aged as bad as I thought it would. Morrowind on the other hand is really rough, despite still being my favorite.

Trunx81

If they bring in some good new quest lines, I wouldn’t mind buying this DLC. Ran out of meaningful stuff to do a long time ago.

MAtgS

You know Bethesda, you could always port Oblivion or Fallout 3 to Switch. That is an option.

Meanwhile, Resident Evil 4 is like: "amateurs"

You can play RE 4 on the freaking Zeebo.

Guess Todd heard about RE 4 Remake and decided to make one more Skyrim port to keep up with it
Doom would like to have a word with RE4.

Top Bottom