• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim celebrates 10 years of adventuring in stunning detail. The Anniversary Edition includes a decade's worth of content: the critically acclaimed core game and add-ons of Skyrim Special Edition, plus pre-existing and new content from Creation Club including quests, dungeons, bosses, weapons, spells, and more.

Last edited:

Fahdis

"A New Zenith of Role Playing Games"... from 10 Years Ago.
"Relive the Adventure Again... & Again... & Again...."
*cue Dovahkin Music*

aaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA

7pU4Bs4.png

Thanks Todd.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I saw the AMA but wish they would show the ps5 vs PS4 footage. They did it for ESO so why not this? The fps and 4k would make a decent change I'd think,

Fahdis

You mean you aren't eternally grateful for Todd selling to Microsoft this ensuring that us Sony fans will only be able to play this Elder Scrolls game until the end of time? /s

Full disclosure, I am admittedly more triggered by this than I should be/wish I was. It's like my 5 stages of grief is stuck in a loop.

I don't have an issue with this. I'm a Cloud gamer. I get everything in Subpar 720-1080p adding to my misery *sobs*. However, I'm hoping Nvidia GeForce Now brings MS games to its service. Absolute win. Then we can tackle Sony. Then we become the Cloud PC Master Race.

Honestly, the 3080 Tier for Cloud gaming is godlike.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
So does the on gamepass special edition have the update then as well now?

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
Fuck it.

I'll wait a few months for my mods to be updated for this, and I'll re-mod this edition in August.

Fus ro fucking DAH!!!

Never bought this game till today bought the physical edition of the anniversary edition for ps4,had some rewards certs,only payed 15 bucks.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim 10th Anniversary Edition PS5 vs PS4 Pro Special Edition Graphics Comparison

Many thanks to Bethesda for providing Review code!
Side-by-Side 00:00
Landscapes 00:30
Dragon Attack Side-by-Side 04:40
Frame Rate Test 05:25

Trogdor1123

There seems to better draw distance too. Not by much though. 60 fps is pretty nice. Played through the opening last night. Game is still great. Going to crush through it again. Looking to find odd quests this time.

Rob_27

Does it say gdk or what ever as I don't know what the difference is. Would have been nice to go wow yea

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So disappointing that it looks exactly the same on PS5. I mean, it still looks like a PS3 game. I guess the engine is too shit to do much about it, which is why they're supposedly completely rebuilding it for Starfield and TESVI.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Don’t know if I can play this for a fourth time but if it resets all your trophies on PS5 then I guess I can go another round…

No point playing again if everything is unlocked as I played PS4 version to death with the platinum as end result.

Last edited:
So disappointing that it looks exactly the same on PS5. I mean, it still looks like a PS3 game. I guess the engine is too shit to do much about it, which is why they're supposedly completely rebuilding it for Starfield and TESVI.
It is exactly the same as before which is pathetic. On ps5 with the 60 fps mod, no difference. I was especially bummed to see the same LOD. As your traveling around the trees and foliage only render a short ways out. This should've and could've expanded that draw distance. That what this needed most imo.

BETHESDA- DONT SAY "IMPROVED GRAPHICS" IF THEYRE NOT IMPROVED!

So it’s 4k/60, better draw distance, HDR, graphics otherwise the same?
I don't see a better draw distance at all. I was actually questioning whether it was worse as I was playing last night. The trees just don't render past a certain fixed point. Travel around on a horse and you'll see this it's almost as bad as the gta trilogy but instead of cars and nocs popping in it's tress and grass.

What pisses me off is how even though Bethesda has gotten a lot of flak over their misleading "16x the detail" claims, they still can't help themselves, they just have to fib. "Improved graphics". No, the framerate has been doubled the graphics are the same, and if you were downloading the 60 fps mod before everything is exactly the same.

FranXico

Don’t know if I can play this for a fourth time but if it resets all your trophies on PS5 then I guess I can go another round…

No point playing again if everything is unlocked as I played PS4 version to death with the platinum as end result.
You'll be able to get a head start on some tedious trophies by importing a ps4 save and triggering them right away.

JCK75

I was OK with this until I actually purchased the upgrade to find it just takes my existing installed games and forces it to download some mods and that is it...
WTF is this?

Top Bottom