• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Branson

So in terms of getting best graphics and beat stability, SSE is definitely better?

Does it have the same variety of nods and such now though?
SKSE isn't supported yet as it's a big job to do. Other than that most of the big mods are ported over and I consider the Special Edition better for the fact it's 64bit and more stable. It runs smoother too.

AmyS

Guys, I picked up Special Edition on Xbox One. Consider me a novice at Skyrim in general and a complete newbie to mods.

What's the easiest way to make Skyrim SE look and play its best on Xbox One?

All I understand is that there are more and better mods on Xbox One than PS4 (even though PC always has the best modding scene) and also that the load order is pretty damn important especially for graphical mods.

Thanks in advance.

Jacknapes

Guys, I picked up Special Edition on Xbox One. Consider me a novice at Skyrim in general and a complete newbie to mods.

What's the easiest way to make Skyrim SE look and play its best on Xbox One?

All I understand is that there are more and better mods on Xbox One than PS4 (even though PC always has the best modding scene) and also that the load order is pretty damn important especially for graphical mods.

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend putting the Unofficial Skyrim patch on, it'll fix a lot of known issues. In terms of looking it's best, there are various water and landscape mods available. Unfortunately, i can't recommend a particular graphical mod, as i'm not using mods on my save at the moment.

There are quite a number of mods available for extra buildings and signpost/streetlights. I've used a few of these on a different save, they help with knowing where the main road is and offer more in the sense of knowing which way to go to each major stronghold.

E92 M3

I'd recommend putting the Unofficial Skyrim patch on, it'll fix a lot of known issues. In terms of looking it's best, there are various water and landscape mods available. Unfortunately, i can't recommend a particular graphical mod, as i'm not using mods on my save at the moment.

There are quite a number of mods available for extra buildings and signpost/streetlights. I've used a few of these on a different save, they help with knowing where the main road is and offer more in the sense of knowing which way to go to each major stronghold.

Using any single mod will disable achievements, right?

AmyS

I'd recommend putting the Unofficial Skyrim patch on, it'll fix a lot of known issues.

Okay I do have that one, it seems that's the patch everyone has first on their lists.

In terms of looking it's best, there are various water and landscape mods available. Unfortunately, i can't recommend a particular graphical mod, as i'm not using mods on my save at the moment.

The only graphical one I've tried is the Static Mesh Improvement Mod that smooths out objects.

cool thanks, I'm still going to experiment. and I don't mind playing a full game all the way through with mods but without achievements.

Guys, what's the best or most popular overall mod for improved lighting?

Guys, what's the best or most popular overall mod for improved lighting?

Interior or exterior lighting?
For interior lighiting I recommend ELFX. It's a massive improvement in term of realism and atmosphere.
For exterior lighting there're lots of weather mods. You could try Mythical Ages.

Btw, do you know how to sort your load order properly? Not doing that can lead to lots of problems.

AmyS

Interior or exterior lighting?
For interior lighiting I recommend ELFX. It's a massive improvement in term of realism and atmosphere.
For exterior lighting there're lots of weather mods. You could try Mythical Ages.

Btw, do you know how to sort your load order properly? Not doing that can lead to lots of problems.

Yeah I pretty much learned how to sort my load order, and so far I haven't had any problems (a miracle right?). I'm definitely gonna check out Mythical Ages, thanks!

solid mike

Starting up Special Edition after I completed the original 4 months ago.

Rudy ENB is incredible, I can no longer play Skyrim on PC without it. Also, borderless windowed and 64-bit are god sends.

Believe it or not, I was not aware of the stealthy archer meme when I chose Bosmer in my first playthrough. Now I'm going with a Altmer vampire battlemage. Wish me luck so that it doesn't eventually just become a sneaky stealthy Dark Brotherhood assassin type.

Has the unofficial patch on Xbox been fixed? Last I checked, it had some issues with doors...

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Comedy Reaction GIF by PeacockTV

What year is it?

But to be serious and to answer your question, you need to ask yourself what's more important to you - Switch has the portability but looks awful on a big screen; Xbox has higher fidelity and what passes for mod support on console; Skyrim VR is very neat on PC but mostly because it allows you to explore these iconic locations you've likely spent hundreds of hours in, in person and not because it's particularly well developed or even adapted to VR. It would likely be shite if you've never played Skyrim already.

PSVR port ... I wouldn't be too optimistic about due to the low resolution and tracking system and ... it being PSVR to begin with but I've never played it on PSVR so you might have to look into that one yourself.

Osthyvel

Comedy Reaction GIF by PeacockTV

What year is it?

But to be serious and to answer your question, you need to ask yourself what's more important to you - Switch has the portability but looks awful on a big screen; Xbox has higher fidelity and what passes for mod support on console; Skyrim VR is very neat on PC but mostly because it allows you to explore these iconic locations you've likely spent hundreds of hours in, in person and not because it's particularly well developed or even adapted to VR. It would likely be shite if you've never played Skyrim already.

PSVR port ... I wouldn't be too optimistic about due to the low resolution and tracking system and ... it being PSVR to begin with but I've never played it on PSVR so you might have to look into that one yourself.

Thanks for your answers fellow gafers.

Is the gamepass version good enough? Seems like i cant use fps boost there?

I dont play that much handheld so it looks like its gonna be xsx then!

Last edited:

GenericUser

Thanks for your answers fellow gafers.

Is the gamepass version good enough? Seems like i cant use fps boost there?

I dont play that much handheld so it looks like its gonna be xsx then!
the gamepass version is fine afaik. The game runs at 60 fps on series x, without modding it iirc. Use the xbox version of the game and google some mods or just install the most popular ones from the ingame menu, it really makes a difference.

Osthyvel

Well, a small update; i actually bought this 11/11/11 hypad af, but it did not klick, to many other games that i liked more then, then i bought i again a couple years after that, aaaand i bought it to switch when it was released, and i actually liked it and played a bit on switch. But then yesterday, based on your comments i downloaded it on xsx and installed some mods, and damn, those mods really makes some good difference, really looking forward to actually progress in the game this time =)

For reference i was hyped af for Fallout 3 back in the day, bought it three times before it clicked xD

Fus Ro Dah then, or as we say in sweden; Ooooostkaaakaaa!

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I often have doubts if it's better to necrobump or make a new thread. I bought the anniversary edition on ps5, haven't installed it yet and probably won't for some months because of backlog but I'm sure I'll have doubts about what mods to install or even if the are worth it since mod support is so limited on ps5 because of Sony's dumb policy. So I might as well hijack the thread to ask and write down the recommended mods. (so I'm not the one doing another necrobump on it).

Top Bottom