• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls VI Will Be Set In Hammefell and Is Targeting a 2025, 2026 Release; Series Remasters Are in the Works – Rumor

Airbus Jr

Banned

The Elder Scrolls VI will be set in Hammerfell, and it will come with mechanics like a political system and more.

On their Twitter profile, SKULLZI, who has proven to be reliable in the past when it comes to Bethesda rumors, shared a report coming from an anonymous but credible source about The Elder Scrolls VI and some other projects in the works at the publisher.

Speaking about The Elder Scrolls VI, the report says that the game will be set in Hammerfell and will have a political system. Betrayals, marriage, and factions will also play some role in the game, which is currently targeting a 2025, 2026 release date. Interestingly enough, the game will also not feature dragons.

The report also goes over other The Elder Scrolls projects. Apparently, series remasters, as well as Fallout series remasters are currently in the works by inXile Entertainment, as well as a potential 4X strategy game.

After SKULLZI shared their report, another reliable insider, Shpeshal Nick, confirmed that the report aligns almost perfectly with what he knows, with the exception of the lack of dragons in The Elder Scrolls VI.

While both SKULLZI and Shpeshal Nick have proven to be reliable in the past, we have to take all the new TESVI information with a grain of salt. The game is still in the early stages of development, so there's a good chance that things may change in the final version.

The Elder Scrolls VI will release on a yet to be confirmed release date. We will keep you updated on the game as soon as more come in on it, so stay tuned for all the latest news.

Last edited:

Limba

Banned
AhSG61x.jpg

I bet you have to join or start a niche redguard political party and you get exiled to the alik’r desert for a while.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Guys I'm a ery important insider leaker, my uncle is Tod Harvard the king of skyrim

I can tell you that the game will come out maybe 3 or 6 years from now and will have fantasy elements
I mean at this point nobody is credible in any thread so why even have these threads at all? It’s because people are excited about what they love.

If you know better, then why are you bothering unless it’s just to score points with snarky comments.

Beardsalt

A political system?
No dragons?

I hope these 2 rumors are fake. The coolest thing in Skyrim was randomly seeing a dragon come into view, thinking it was gonna attack you, then ”bammmm”, out of nowhere, it grabs a woolly mammoth and drops it from space nearly killing your ass!

Last edited:
The Dream: They somehow manage to remaster ES 1 and 2. They remaster Morrowind with minor graphical upgrades, like how Final Fantasy 8 was remastered.

Possible reality: They remaster Morrowind with minor graphical upgrades, like how Final Fantasy 8 was remastered, and do a simple remaster for Oblivion.

Sad reality: They will do a simple remaster for Oblivion and somehow try to sell another remastered version of Skyrim.

Elysion

Banned
Does that mean there‘s gonna be another Skyrim remaster, lol?

Though I hope for Morrowind (if this rumor is true and past TES games get remastered) to be more than just a ‚remaster‘. The game would need a major overhaul in terms of gameplay (especially combat) and graphics to be re-released. They might as well recreate the whole game in the Starfield engine.

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
I'm excited to return to Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, that game was amazing. To see it remastered with modern graphics and QoL changes would be amazing. I hope they put a lot of effort in the character creator with good nose, hair and face options.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'm casually playing Oblivion right now. Not the best but potentially the most fun entry in the series. I would love to see a remaster of it.

Sybrix

Idiotic to announce this game as early as they did.

Even to announce it now in 2022 would be idiotic.

If this game is coming in 2024, announce it next year for Christ sake.

So sick of these games being announced 5+ years before release.

sircaw

Banned
Idiotic to announce this game as early as they did.

Even to announce it now in 2022 would be idiotic.

If this game is coming in 2024, announce it next year for Christ sake.

So sick of these games being announced 5+ years before release.
it is a hell of a long way of, hopefully, starfield and remasters will scratch that itch.

Reactions: Isa
I mean at this point nobody is credible in any thread so why even have these threads at all? It’s because people are excited about what they love.

If you know better, then why are you bothering unless it’s just to score points with snarky comments.
Because completely baseless rumors we have seen being posted here the last few months have become laughable. It's to the point where if anyone on the Internet claims to be an insider we spend 4 pages talking about whatever random nonsense they made up.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Because completely baseless rumors we have seen being posted here the last few months have become laughable. It's to the point where if anyone on the Internet claims to be an insider we spend 4 pages talking about whatever random nonsense they made up.
Not every rumours are wrong

That colin moriarty demon souls remake leak, nvidia leak, that girl ( forgot her name) wolverine game leak etc thats just from what i remember recently

Last edited:
Not every rumours are wrong

That colin moriarty demon souls remake leak, nvidia leak, that girl ( forgot her name) wolverine leak etc
When anyone can just pick up their phone and spill the beans, yeah - most things get leaked these days. But also impossible to tell what's real and what's crap. All you really have is a person's track record.

Reactions: Isa

ManaByte

RoadHazard

Gold Member
2026 lol. We'll be about ready for the PS6 and whatever they will call the next Xbox (if there even is one) by then.

Jennings

That's fine. We gotta give the all the Skyrim babies time to grow old enough to play the sequel and enjoy it. They should be 15 or so when the sequel comes out.

DukeNukem00

Banned
Oh man, I won't be able to handle it if they remaster Morrowind.

A morrowind remaster would be fucking ace. Let Vicarious Visions do it.

Did they change their mind ?

Top Bottom