• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Entropy Centre - solid first person puzzle game I'm enjoying so far

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Don't know if anyone has played it yet. Ever since Portal, first person puzzle games(or puzzle games in general) have become one of my favorite genres. There seems to be a renaissance with the genre lately, we get at least one of these kinds of titles per year with my favorite in recent memory being The Talos Principle.

Enjoying this one so far. I don't think it's the caliber of The Talos Principle, Portal, or even Manifold Garden, but I am enjoying it quite a bit. A lot of Portal-like elements to it, even down to the talking AI throughout the game. And there's computers you find along the way that give backstory to the game.

It isn't particularly difficult(so far) compared to some other games, but I'm only a few hours in so far, so I'll see how difficult it gets along the way.

If you like the genre, check it out.

Here is a review. I need to know names of more puzzle games. Thanks for clueing me in that something was available.

Freeman76

Im stuck on one during sector 7. The puzzle actually fries my brain trying to understand how to make the cube hit the pads in the correct order.

I like these types of games a lot. For me this one is only second to Portal 2. Its miles better than Talos etc imo. They have nailed this, a real unexpected gem.

The mechanics seem very simple at first but once you hit Sector 6 it started tripping me up. Trying to work out how you can pass a cube to your future self and still maintain the correct timeline almost short circuits my brain. Very clever game.

VN1X

Banned
Don't know if anyone has played it yet. Ever since Portal, first person puzzle games(or puzzle games in general) have become one of my favorite genres. There seems to be a renaissance with the genre lately, we get at least one of these kinds of titles per year with my favorite in recent memory being The Talos Principle.

Enjoying this one so far. I don't think it's the caliber of The Talos Principle, Portal, or even Manifold Garden, but I am enjoying it quite a bit. A lot of Portal-like elements to it, even down to the talking AI throughout the game. And there's computers you find along the way that give backstory to the game.

It isn't particularly difficult(so far) compared to some other games, but I'm only a few hours in so far, so I'll see how difficult it gets along the way.

If you like the genre, check it out.
Jesus christ, no shop links, no videos, screenshots, etc.

:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Certinty

Never heard of this but will have to check it out given the praise.

Loved the likes of QUBE 1 and 2, The Witness and some other similar games.

Top Bottom