• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The EPIC Way Tears Of The Kingdom Becomes The Greatest Zelda Game To Everyone

The Final Battle

You fight Ganondorf as Link using the various Zonai abilities and weapons and then…
Ganondorf reveals a stone to travel through timelines. He escapes and You run after him and come to this:

2VORgLn.png

Except Link and Ganon are already fighting, so you have to fight the TOTK Ganondorf as this timelines Link is fighting his. This scene can either be in engine with the snes artstyle or using the artstyle of TOTK. Then after a couple hits he escapes, you run after him and come to this:

XKbF05G.gif

Again, you fight off Ganondorf as the OOT Link is fighting his timelines Ganon. A couple hits he escapes, you run after him and see this:

qbA7d9Y.jpg

Then this…​

VblTfvQ.jpg

Then this…​

ve5OpKD.png

And finally you get him back to the current timeline to finish him off. But, you are falling in battle (as you usually do), and Zelda comes to your aid with the bow of light..

Udtss4s.jpg

but suddenly….she falls by a strike from another enemy…Ganon from another timeline!

5UeXpDh.jpg

As all is about to be lost, a golden light shines…Its Zelda from another timeline!!

6sRYWbP.jpg

holding off the Ganons as you take back your sword, epona, ride through and finish off Ganon.

w3xFCBZ.jpg

lYd99yb.jpg

LETS FUCKING GO!!!

Again, these scenes remade in the TOTK engine but with the original games’ artstyle. I think no matter what type of Zelda style game you love, this will make Tears Of The Kingdom the GOAT, especially if they have added more story, dungeon or dungeon equivalent puzzles and dynamic boss battles as it seems they have from the trailer​

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Too much effort

Just make Link and Zelda shoot some arrow of love and friendship into Ganon and the day is saved.

Roll credits and show Zelda babies strolling in Hyrule Castle.

Freeman76

No Zelda game will top OoT for me, that game was perfection when it came out.

I dont think that magic will ever be recreated as the experience was so new at the time. Sure its been improved on countless times now but it was the whole vibe and amazement at the time, first game I ever blew my mates out and stayed in to play.

Robb

Gold Member
Could be cool, but sounds a bit busy and nostalgia driven.

Hopefully the fight is more memorable than the BotW one though.. Wouldn’t mind some scenario where I get to use recall on Ganondorfs sword resulting in him being pierced/killed by his own weapon.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Or play this song in the end while Link and Zelda both give back the Deku's Tree moustache to him so that he stops ravaging the land

Soren01

Older Link travels back in time to warn the younger one that Ganondorf’s destruction will reveal a greater evil that he will not be able to face alone. The only way out would be to ally with Ganondorf and use the three pieces of the triforce to defeat the final boss.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Pretty lame to only reveal time travelling is a thing possible in this game world as just a final out of the blue punchline rather than something that's seen throughout the game as in OoT (but worse since it's the villain capable of doing that rather than the hero in order to finally defeat him).

Also pretty lame to go back to outdated and since improved upon mechanics, not to mention various battles worked similarly mechanically, unless you mean all those battles would be remade to TotK standards, that could be good I guess but just choose a few of the notable/best, not all.

Last edited:
Pretty lame to reveal time travelling is a thing possible in this game world as just the final punchline rather than something that was seen throughout the game as in OoT (but worse since it's the villain capable of doing that rather than the hero in order to finally defeat him).

Also pretty lame to go back to outdated and since improved upon mechanics, not to mention various battles work similarly mechanically, unless you mean all those battles would be remade to ToTK standards, that could be nice I guess.
True but I think they can do time travel within the same Hyrule during the game and save the timeline to other Hyrules for the end. You are fighting the TOTK Ganon with current mechanics WHILE the other one is fighting its version.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Kill Link.

No really. Do some epic final battle that ends up with Link dead and you control Zelda after a timeskip. Do some Arthur Morgan to John Marston shit.
So close. Go the Druckmann route instead, have Ganon kill Link and then you play as Ganon from there on and have to face an angry Zelda as the antagonist and get told that all this time you as a player has been going around killing Ganon’s kids when slaying Bokoblins and Ganon has simply been seeking revenge. For maximum effect tell a heart wrenching story about when good ol papi Ganon was just strolling about in Hyrule checking on his kids when he suddenly has to witness his firstborn child getting killed in cold blood by Link with a tree branch.

We’ll never play old Zelda games the same way again.

Last edited:
So close. Go the Druckmann route instead, have Ganon kill Link and then you play as Ganon from there on and have to face an angry Zelda as the antagonist and get told that all this time you as a player has been going around killing Ganon’s kids when slaying Bokoblins and Ganon has simply been seeking revenge. For maximum effect tell a heart wrenching story about when good ol papi Ganon was just strolling about in Hyrule checking on his kids when he suddenly has to witness his firstborn child getting killed in cold blood by Link with a tree branch.

We’ll never play old Zelda games the same way again.
Im down for that too 👍

Lethal01

Wow you really put your heart into this cringe, generic multiverse shit..

months after I CAME UP WITH IT FIRST>

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The Final Battle

You fight Ganondorf as Link using the various Zonai abilities and weapons and then…
Ganondorf reveals a stone to travel through timelines. He escapes and You run after him and come to this:

2VORgLn.png

Except Link and Ganon are already fighting, so you have to fight the TOTK Ganondorf as this timelines Link is fighting his. This scene can either be in engine with the snes artstyle or using the artstyle of TOTK. Then after a couple hits he escapes, you run after him and come to this:

XKbF05G.gif

Again, you fight off Ganondorf as the OOT Link is fighting his timelines Ganon. A couple hits he escapes, you run after him and see this:

qbA7d9Y.jpg

Then this…​

VblTfvQ.jpg

Then this…​

ve5OpKD.png

And finally you get him back to the current timeline to finish him off. But, you are falling in battle (as you usually do), and Zelda comes to your aid with the bow of light..

Udtss4s.jpg

but suddenly….she falls by a strike from another enemy…Ganon from another timeline!

5UeXpDh.jpg

As all is about to be lost, a golden light shines…Its Zelda from another timeline!!

6sRYWbP.jpg

holding off the Ganons as you take back your sword, epona, ride through and finish off Ganon.

w3xFCBZ.jpg

lYd99yb.jpg

LETS FUCKING GO!!!

Again, these scenes remade in the TOTK engine but with the original games’ artstyle. I think no matter what type of Zelda style game you love, this will make Tears Of The Kingdom the GOAT, especially if they have added more story, dungeon or dungeon equivalent puzzles and dynamic boss battles as it seems they have from the trailer​

AmbitiousFearlessChimneyswift-size_restricted.gif

During that temporary trip, you meet him

giphy.gif

Him: Oh oh... I'm on the wrong show

PAk6.gif

and link see him and he gets angry

RSg7.gif

Top Bottom