• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ESA says future E3 shows will ‘probably be a mix of physical and digital’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While nothing is set in stone, the Entertainment Software Association told GamesIndustry.biz that June’s all-digital E3 2021 will give the show’s organiser a better idea of how future events could embrace online elements.

“This will provide us with an opportunity to present to members of the industry, media, and fans an opportunity to participate fully, and I think that provides a real unique opportunity to learn this year what we can apply to future events that will probably be a mix of physical and digital,” said ESA president Stanley Pierre-Louis.

He reportedly went on to specify that the plan is for the ESA to return to putting on physical events, although digital will play its part.

“The shape of that is yet to be determined, and we hope to learn from this year’s event what transfers well,” Pierre-Louis said. “I can’t speak to future E3s because we really want to focus on E3 2021 and ensure this is a great experience for exhibitors, the media, and fans alike.”

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
E3 has always KIND OF been a mix of physical and digital in the sense that there is E3 as it is presented to the people at home and E3 as it is to the attendees.

And these are radically different experiences. I often found myself blown away by E3s that people at home thought were so-so or vice versa.

The press conferences themselves were always the main thing for people at home and then everything else was for the press who would hopefully give you a lot of interesting coverage and hands on impressions and that kind of thing.

splattered

Geoff has to be really frustrated at this point that he hasn't been able to put that final nail in the e3 coffin just yet haha

Top Bottom