• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 3 seemingly teased in Hi-Fi Rush Easter egg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Evil Within 3 hasn't been announced, but the first indicator of its existence seems to be a very subtle Easter egg hidden in Tango Gameworks' newest release, Hi-Fi Rush.

Hi-Fi Rush seems to be full of (opens in new tab) references (opens in new tab) to The Evil Within (opens in new tab), but a newly uncovered Easter egg is the first to seemingly tease a new entry in the series. GamesRadar+ was tipped off to the extremely subtle reference by an eagle-eyed reader, and I've since verified it myself.

Picture courtesy of era

FonXK8HXsAEn1t4

Kacho

Gold Member
I will never say no to more survival horror. TEW2 had some awesomely awesome creatures that creeped me out. Can’t wait to see what they come up with next.

StueyDuck

I mean... it seems to be a fun wink and a nod. Especially considering the literal blatant Easter eggs you see In the game for EW...

Does that mean there isn't a sequel... of course not. I just don't see how this is some sort of confirmation.

Kacho

Gold Member
I mean... it seems to be a fun wink and a nod. Especially considering the literal blatant Easter eggs you see In the game for EW...

Does that mean there isn't a sequel... of course not. I just don't see how this is some sort of confirmation.
We’ll find out in June

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Mikami publicly talked about doing non-horror related games in interviews prior to Hi-Fi Rush, and also talked publicly about wanting to put out smaller games. Unclear if that last part is referring to HFR, but probably.

He's also talked about wanting to direct one last game, so my guess is they're going to do that and HFR 2. But who knows.

StueyDuck

We’ll find out in June
Again there very easily could be a sequel... but a game thats set in a wacky distant future whose tone and style is silly and goofy.

I just don't see how this is more than just a tongue in cheek joke.

Much like the jaws joke in back to the future 2.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Whynotboth.gif

Teams should be able to work on projects they're passionate about as well as stuff that brings home the bacon.

And look how it turned out. They have a new hit franchise on their hands.
I don't think they have the man power for both at the same time, so if I'd be able to choose I'd still prefer no EW but something else.

I'll be happy if we end up getting both over time, ofc.

MiguelItUp

Hope it's even better than the previous games! Loved 1, 2 was pretty cool, but for some reason it just didn't grab me as much.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Well gee, hope it's more like the first one than the second (that is, linear instead of open world).

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Hope it's even better than the previous games! Loved 1, 2 was pretty cool, but for some reason it just didn't grab me as much.
I preferred Evil Within 1's linear style. Adds to tension, imo. Having the wide-linear levels of EW 2 was fun to explore, but felt like it was too easy to avoid danger, rather than being funneled into situations you can't escape and must survive.

SCB3

I'm actually surprised we've not had EW3 yet, that reminds me, I need to go actually finish 2 at some point, I dropped off pretty hard, I think RE2 Remake came out as I was playing it

adamsapple

I'm actually surprised we've not had EW3 yet, that reminds me, I need to go actually finish 2 at some point, I dropped off pretty hard, I think RE2 Remake came out as I was playing it

Ghostwire Tokyo started life as EW3 mind you.

Not sure if this easter egg is just an easter egg or a prelude to an actual announcement. Fingers crossed. EW2 was amazing.

sainraja

I haven't played the second, but I tried to enjoy the first but couldn't get into it. Hopefully, if they do make a third, it will be good.

Last edited:

adamsapple

How/Where do I play the first 2 Evil Within games?

They're available on PC PS4 and XBO, and can be played in BC on both PS5 and Series consoles.

If you have Game Pass for console or PC, both of them are up there too.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
I forget her name, it was one of the Onryo, man… she gave me the heebie jeebies like a motherfucker. You had to sneak past her as she patrolled the area putting tremendous pressure on the player. And she would randomly show up in the open world to terrorize you. God I hated her lol

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Mr Hyde

There are several moments in the game where you encounter Sebastian, the main protagonist. Even his sidekick Joseph is there too at one occasion. I thought it was cute references to TEW. I really hope a third one is being worked at. Great franchise.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

I don't think this is anything more than an easter egg tbh.

When Mikami visited Bokeh Studios Toyama asked him what he would do if he was tasked to work in horror today and Mikami replied something like "If I was asked to do horror I wouldn't do it".

They have also talked extensively about how they want to follow the original vision of Tango which was branching out into different genres.

Kacho

Gold Member
The post launch support for TEW2 was pretty crazy. They fixed a lot of the issues and even added a FPS option.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I should really play those games…

But somehow i really do not care.
Huge fan of resident evil..

Kinda like being a huge monsterhunter fan.
But not giving a fuck about any games that are like it..

Why play copies when you can play the real deal 🤔

Top Bottom