• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fact that you can pause a gameplay video of a next-gen game and show how ugly a model is proves how much evolved and life-like they are.

LMJ

Why oh why is it so hard for everyone to admit they made Aloy fat in the face? Few are calling her ugly or gross, but you can't watch that trailer and say otherwise...

Also we have proof (via the N4G interview) that the devs made Aloy more ugly on purpose in comparison to her actual actress in the OG HZD (in the name of feminism they came to the conclusion that a pretty beautiful women being a warrior was hard to grasp for most people lol) Soooo not the best person to use as an example.

look, more power to devs to focus on realism in faces...I mean hell I know I'll be getting the next HZD, but there is clearly more at work here at times then "realism"

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
People don't understand, they make her even fatter to please poor petra from the first game, girl was thirsty as fuck

tumblr_ooojkihyh51qhmee9o1_r2_1280.gifv

the big bang theory sheldon GIF

vkbest

Why didn't you post a FF VII picture on combats to comparing facial animations from Tifa? You are comparing the playable character (Aloy) with a static NPC waiting to you doing something.

The irony of how misogynistic this view actually is is totally lost on Guerilla it seems?

In a bid to try to directly appeal to extreme-progressive ideology, they’ve clearly failed by directly playing into gender stereotypes.

They’re directly assuming femininity is inherently coupled with weakness. Even worse, they try to argue they are reflecting what ND did with Nadine? Essentially claiming Nadine is unattractive and not feminine (she was black but very feminine. Is the blackness here the factor that defines her being assumed “unattractive”?).

What a completely fucking embarrassing argument to make about Aloy.

They should have just argued that they didn’t want to play to beauty stereotypes and provide greater representation of more realistic image of a woman living in a post-apocalyptic age with (important) no access to (nor interest in) make up.

Nickolaidas

Why didn't you post a FF VII picture on combats to comparing facial animations from Tifa? You are comparing the playable character (Aloy) with a static NPC waiting to you doing something.
I don't think that the main cast of FF7 has the same amount of details in their facial mannerisms as AAA western games do.

But you're more than welcome to prove me wrong!

kuncol02

Banned
They should have just argued that they didn’t want to play to beauty stereotypes and provide greater representation of more realistic image of a woman living in a post-apocalyptic age with (important) no access to (nor interest in) make up.
For that argument they would need to care about realism. They don't care about realism, they just make women ugly because femininity is bad in their minds.

Mister Wolf

If these summaries are accurate that kinda says it all right there. But of course, instead of acknowledge that the developers are admitting to doing this on purpose, it's easier to call everyone you disagree with an incel.

We got men who wish they were women deciding that actual women need to look more like men.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The issue with Aloy is the in-game model is uglier than the face model.WHY do they need to make a video game character uglier than the real person? I don't get your western culture
Ugly is a bit of a subjective point, but trying to re define what people think of as pretty or ugly? Maybe 🤔, maybe it is being attempted…

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Uno what's funny is Aloy in HFW probably looks better than 95% of the posters in this forums girlfriends and wives... she doesn't look bad or like a man at all but whatever
whooaaa there big lad, my wife is hot as fuck.. im defo punchin

The Alien

Banned
People whining about Aloy's face is the most embarrassing shit ever.
...and yet, here we both are replying in the comments about it. Im not gonna whine about it cuz i mostly don't give a shit, TBH.

However, for the record, yeah...she is uglier than the first game. Which is the interesting part because it was an intentional design decision.

Why make a character uglier....on purpose?
That's the conversation.

PSYGN

It is indeed, a truly remarkable achievement of the video game industry.

Craig_The_Halo_Infinite_Brute_Banner.jpg

Oh wait it isn't, a bad looking model is exactly that, a bad looking model. Can we stop with all those Aloy defending threads already? Which one it this, 3rd? 4th? She doesn't represent her real-life model, and the devs themselves even already said they make it ugly on purpose, they made a 18-19yo girls look like a 40yo Karen, end of story.

Look at those sexy beady little eyes and those large nostrils that'll fog all the windows up in no time.

Spaceman292

Banned
...and yet, here we both are replying in the comments about it. Im not gonna whine about it cuz i mostly don't give a shit, TBH.

However, for the record, yeah...she is uglier than the first game. Which is the interesting part because it was an intentional design decision.

Why make a character uglier....on purpose?
That's the conversation.
"I'm not gonna whine about it...I will now whine about it."

What's the problem with an ugly character? Markus from Gears of War is hideous, but everyone seemed cool with him.

Xeaker

"Alloy is so ugly, if you pause at that frame she looks like a man"

"the models are horrible, look at this screenshot"

Just like in real life. You can take a video showing a gorgeous model (male or female) and pause the video numerous times at inappropriate frames which 'uglify' the person due to his facial features being currently distorted because of a sudden expression change. Happens all the time in TV and is regularly used by media when they want to paint the person in a negative light for an article headline or something.

Here's a better example.
KW6x9sx.jpg

She is fat.

JeloSWE

The issue with Aloy is the in-game model is uglier than the face model.WHY do they need to make a video game character uglier than the real person? I don't get your western culture
I can only agree. Why not cast another real life model closer to their idea of what they want to portray. If they think a pretty girls is too weak to survive then cast some one who would. Perhaps they made the decision after casting and capture but it find it almost insulting to the model that they alter their appearance so much.

I've never had any issues with her face but I could immediately tell she hasn't been starving between the installments. I wouldn't mind her being a bit prettier but I won't mind the way she looks right now either.

Interfectum

JeloSWE

The irony of how misogynistic this view actually is is totally lost on Guerilla it seems?

In a bid to try to directly appeal to extreme-progressive ideology, they’ve clearly failed by directly playing into gender stereotypes.

They’re directly assuming femininity is inherently coupled with weakness. Even worse, they try to argue they are reflecting what ND did with Nadine? Essentially claiming Nadine is unattractive and not feminine (she was black but very feminine. Is the blackness here the factor that defines her being assumed “unattractive”?).

I think their wording and intent comes off the wrong way. Just as you'd want male hero to be well build and rugged, their reasoning probably wasn't to make her ugly but rater "sturdier", a delicate frame while pretty would likely not be as capable to survive. I think they wanted her to exude a bit more physical strength.

I still their wording, "crying from a broken nail", comes of really badly.

Last edited:

Interfectum

If these summaries are accurate that kinda says it all right there. But of course, instead of acknowledge that the developers are admitting to doing this on purpose, it's easier to call everyone you disagree with an incel.
Or maybe look at the screenshot and ask yourself two things. Why is it dated three years ago and why is someone posting a screenshot of Gamefaqs instead of an article? Do you regularly fall for fake news? Seems like a very incelish thing to do.

Last edited:
Yes, one can subjectively argue Aloy is better looking in the first game. But does it matter? First, her environment and lifestyle isn't exactly conducive to maintaining her looks. Second, her looks does not have anything to do with her story or her character. What am I missing here?

GymWolf

The most hilarious thing is that they think that a bit of fat in the face is enough to make a more believable warrior, but the rest of her body is clearly athletic without an inch of fat because in the game she needs to constantly run and roll like a motherfucker...

Last edited:

JeloSWE

Yes, one can subjectively argue Aloy is better looking in the first game. But does it matter? First, her environment and lifestyle isn't exactly conducive to maintaining her looks. Second, her looks does not have anything to do with her story or her character. What am I missing here?
It's not really that complicated. People like to look at pretty people more than less pretty people, preferably very pretty if possible. Any other argument around this is just trying to accommodate reasonings why she shouldn't or should be prettier or not too pretty.

Interfectum

I think their wording and intent comes off the wrong way. Just as you'd want male hero to be well build and rugged, their reasoning probably wasn't to make her ugly but rater "sturdier", a delicate frame while pretty would likely not be as capable to survive. I think they wanted her to exude a bit more physical strength.

I still their wording, "crying from a broken nail", comes of really badly.
That Gamefaqs picture is fake. Here is the thread with people asking for a source which never occurred (dated three years ago): https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/75610658?page=48

Just what I was thinking. If this is really true then they are admitting "attractive" women naturally look weak and fragile.

Whitecrow

Banned
They they should made a male protagonist.

Feminism is only here to fuck up logic and reasoning.

Last edited:

JeloSWE

Just what I was thinking. If this is really true then they are admitting "attractive" women naturally look weak and fragile.
As Interfectum Interfectum said, it's not a reliable post. The only thing they said was to not make an oversexualized character because it would be distracting and take away from the bigger premise of the game and that was for the ZD. I genuinely think they only want her to look strong and capable, they aren't out to make her look unattractive, just not distractingly attractive.

aclar00

Anyone have link to actual question and verbatim reaponse. That post screams of being slantes...hell its written in the title "Aloy's Ugliness Explained...."

They couldnt have essentially given the response you said and then the posted took that as "oh, that's why she's ugly"

Top Bottom