• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Fantasy 13 thread.

Fbh

maxresdefault.jpg

Seriously though the visuals were great and still hold up, and the combat system is pretty good too. It's just extremely linear, lacks more towns and NPC's or anything else so it doesn't feel you are just walking in a straight line and fighting enemies, the story had interesting concepts that were wasted with horrible writing and even though the combat is good the game takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to take off the training wheels, the first 15 hours are almost literally press X to win.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This is pretty thought provoking OP. There's a lot to chew on. I particularly enjoyed your take on the allegory of the plot, though relating Snow to an archetypal Greek hero falls a bit flat since they cut out the Gilgamesh Fal'Cie early in development

I would have loved this game trilogy to be ported with some QOL fixes to PS4 with all dlc on disk.
An expert Crystarium option so we can go anywhere and everywhere on it right from the start like Final Fantasy X HD would be nice.
Maybe on PS5 eventually?

Could this trilogy run on the Nintendo Switch?

Kimahri

Banned
I don't mind linear games. At all. I can walk in a straight linr and kill things as long as the linr is enjoyable and the killing is fun. And it was.

wipeout364

Combat system was really interesting but it weird the way they didn’t let you really use it till a few hours in. Graphics were top notch for an RPG with some interesting art in some areas.

I could forgive the linear aspect of the game if the story was good. Unfortunately the story is terrible and the characters were the worst of any final fantasy in my opinion.

Krathoon

Stick a chocobo in your afro.
I got some I'Cie brand stickers I never used.
I also got the strategy guides for all three games. I kind of collected too much.

recursive

Awesome game. The BC version on Xbox looks fantastic. I still prefer XIII-2 and LR (especially LR). Both became 60fps with the last BC update, by the way.
Original 13 is not? That sucks. First playthrough was weird but after that I went through 2 more times I really enjoyed it. Have been thinking of going through it again on pc so I can run it in 4k but so many other games to play and not enough time.

Krathoon

The PC ports behave just like the PS3 versions. They are pretty much direct ports. Unfortunately, you don't get all the DLC on 2 and 3. The major DLC is there.
I am debating on getting the the DLC on the PS3 versions since it is not that cheap.

Last edited:

Myths

Good imagery and hype pre-2009. OST is great. Story concept was interesting as was the world and lore… characters not so much.

I consider XIII-2 to be slightly better only because of the rhe antagonist and slightly somber turn I guess.

T8SC

Spam Death with Vanille on Adamatoise.

That's about all I can remember, because I did a lot of that on the plains.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

??? Who is he?
He was a nutcase mod who was had his mod statues taken away after he would argue with members.
In order to win certain arguments he went back and edited members comments. (This is going off memory from many years back so someone can correct me if i'm wrong).
I had a few arguments with him back in the day and he had me banned.

The big news about him though was he was arrested for having CP.
He claimed he thought it wasn't illegal if you just had it on your comp but didn't act on it or some shit like that.
Absolute nut case.

Knightime_X

Ff13 got a lot of hate but is fun for its style.
The story requires a bit of intelligence to understand and the pacing isn't too slow.

I just wished post game bounties could be done BEFORE the final boss.

He was a nutcase mod who was had his mod statues taken away after he would argue with members.
In order to win certain arguments he went back and edited members comments. (This is going off memory from many years back so someone can correct me if i'm wrong).
I had a few arguments with him back in the day and he had me banned.

The big news about him though was he was arrested for having CP.
He claimed he thought it wasn't illegal if you just had it on your comp but didn't act on it or some shit like that.
Absolute nut case.
Ouch.
Good riddance.

Top Bottom