• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The future of VR and the position of Facebook in my opinion.

John117

I'm hearing always hates versus Facebook for monopoly of VR market. Now I think that Facebook is doing a great job for VR, today we have a PCVR headsdet at $ 299 and a standalone like Quest 2 at 349. Zuckerberg is the key figure in the VR revival. Palmer Luckey was a great inventor but without Zuck, we wouldn't have hmd at this price today. Now I ask you, why doesn't Microsoft make a standalone like Quest, obviously with Windows Mixed Reality OS and maybe a nice title like Halo at launch? is it Facebook's fault or is it afraid to dare in a market that is not very profitable at present? Is it Facebook's fault that Apple hasn't released a headset yet? Google has abandoned VR, is it Facebook's fault?

I think Facebook's only fault is that it abandoned the PCVR market. I miss the nerd aspect of VR. I would like a rival from Valve Index but from Facebook Reality Labs. Let me know your opinion

4MtX8Hg.jpg

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Wireless is the way to go and virtual desktop + Quest2 is a pretty awesome combo.

There is no technical reason why PS5/XSX couldn’t have a streamer app for VR games that would work on Quest 2.

Last edited:

John117

Wireless is the way to go and virtual desktop + Quest2 is a pretty awesome combo.

There is no technical reason why PS5/XSX couldn’t have a streamer app for VR games that would work on Quest 2.

Rift S still is a good choice... However HMD VR Wireless is not still ready like technology.

Top Bottom