• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The game you'd rather go home and play than whatever you're doing right now.

Tschumi

Sitting in a cafe with mental constipation trying to think of a "new" way to design an office space (if you didn't pick up on it that was meant to be a waggish joke about the reality of creative design), I'd rather go home and play Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire for 10 hours.

Great music, slow and thoughtful pace, constant plot advancement, carefully crafted items and locations, beautiful visuals, great characters.. like a warm hug.

You?

Ps. Sorry for the clumsy wording in the title, forgot to proof read it.. the game you'd prefer to go home and play right now, rather than whatever you're doing.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
My "goto" game will never change:

share-1200x630.ff395bac028b629b277bec2f63bf3632bd8de8bd.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Used to be Rocket League before the Epic Games account requirement to play it. I won't be any sort of metric for their shenanigans until they stop the timed exclusive bullshit, so I uninstalled the day it went live.

Now I fill that time with mobile games or a random fighting game (lately it's been BlazBlue again).

Kuranghi

Why don't you design the office loosely based off the game you wish you were playing. Take a location and use it as inspiration.

I'm replaying Horizon: Zero Doobie right now and its really fun to just walk around with the "detective mode" on, it dulls the sound so, for example, a waterfall sounds distant and rumbly, like with noise cancelling headphones. Its awesome.

Edit - Oh and the game I'd rather play than what I'm doing right now is motorboating some big diddies. The game of love.

Last edited:
Can't believe I slept on The Outer Worlds for this long. Been looking at Game Pass for my next fix and I've been hooked on this ever since. Already thinking about doing a second run. Make him a melee swinging evil dumbass.

Over fucking watch ,i don't know what is the problem with this game it's like drugs. I hate it but can't stop playing it.
It’s really fun

I eventually got burnt out but I’ve put a solid amount of hours into it

Don’t really play multiplayer anymore

I was huge on TFC and TF2, I love class based shooters

Last edited:

Hugare

Returnal have been living in my mind rent free

Played it at launch, didnt care much.

Then suddenly it all clicked and I'm really, really invested on it. On the 5th biome right now.

When I'm not playing it, I'm thinking about how my last run went.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Over fucking watch ,i don't know what is the problem with this game it's like drugs. I hate it but can't stop playing it.
I was hooked on that for quite awhile, every time I got bored milking a character I found a new one and was hooked all over again. the games constant dopamine made it difficult for me to enjoy other games. But there are some broken abilities and people that troll and cost you matches. I was finally able to put it down last year especially since blizzard did and it has freed me in a lot of ways.

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
Modern games in a nutshell, all psychological tricks no substance. To be fair OW has good gameplay, but all the crap on top makes it hard to enjoy too much.

Kaachan

I always feel like this about any game I'm playing but the strongest ''I'd rather go home and play x right now'' feeling I've had would be WoW back in the days

Alpha Male

It has been, is, and will continue to always be Battlefield and Halo for me.

I've love both and have played them for thousands of hours yet I've never grown tired of either game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Infinite MP is just crack. That’s what I find myself wanting to slip away for. Not played FH5 since Halo’s release, and my Miles Morales play through stalled at around the 5 hour mark. Halo’s gameplay loop is just too good. Elden Ring will consume me though.

I picked up AC Valhalla during the Epic Sale along with all the DLC and it's good.

I know I shouldn't have, but just to ensure I wouldn't hit that grind wall I bought the XP Boost. I know guys..... I know. But here's what's up: I need yall to boycott stuff like this for me. I was already invested $30 and didn't want to "waste" it.

Tschumi

I picked up AC Valhalla during the Epic Sale along with all the DLC and it's good.

I know I shouldn't have, but just to ensure I wouldn't hit that grind wall I bought the XP Boost. I know guys..... I know. But here's what's up: I need yall to boycott stuff like this for me. I was already invested $30 and didn't want to "waste" it.
Regardless of your being a Ubisoft stooge i respect and understand your enjoyment of the game :)

Top Bottom