• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gran Turismo movie is coming in August 2023

The Fartist

Gold Member
Yeah, but that’s more Gran Turismo related on the side. Would be like making a Zelda movie about a guy who played Zelda and then became a famous wilderness expert or something. It’s so loose.

If the guy played GT he has likely played Forza and other sim games as well. I just feel the movie could be named after any driving sim IP at that point.

Not sure what you could do with GT but I’m sure you could make something that’s more true to the IP than this.
Ever heard of GT Academy?

Schmick

This is actually looking pretty good. For once it looks like we have a racing movie that shows the intense phyiscal strains a driver has to go through.

kyussman

Hopefully it will be as good as that Need for Speed movie.Seriously though,Blomkamp is a talent.....no idea why he is wasting his time on this,I guess Hollywood won't invest in his sci-fi stuff anymore.....but unless it's a remake,sequel or adaptation they have fuck all interest in making films anyway.NO ORIGINALITY ALLOWED!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to Total Film, Blomkamp said that he didn't need a whole lot of convincing to direct Gran Turismo given his own interest in the film's subject matter. He didn't expand on just how deep his own adoration of cars goes, but given his self-described obsession, there's a good chance that he was previously aware of the Gran Turismo video game franchise. As a result, those at Sony Pictures seemingly didn't have to do much to convince him to become attached to the movie.

"I'm just obsessed with cars. Totally obsessed," Blomkamp said. "So I was like, 'Yeah, I should probably do this film.'"

When talking more about the genre of Gran Turismo, Blomkamp also admitted that it's technically a sports film. Although he doesn't think of GT in this manner, the movie's focus on motor sports means that those who enjoy sports movies are likely to find something to love with Gran Turismo. Blomkamp also admitted that this is likely the only such movie in the genre that he'll likely create, which makes sense given that most of his other projects fall into the science fiction category.

"I think it probably will ultimately fall into that genre," he said of Gran Turismo's genre. "I definitely don't think of it that way but I think it's hard not to. It's definitely the closest that I'll ever get to making a sports film – that is for sure!"

Caio

wait-what-huh.gif

Whats next? They gonna make movie out of Flight Simulator games?
So, why they made Top Gun if we can just play with Ace Combat 7 :D

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So, why they made Top Gun if we can just play with Ace Combat 7 :D
Ummm…..because they are not the same? I didn’t play Ace games but I heard it had sci-fi elements with futuristic planes

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Come on, try to follow the logic. I know they are not exactly the same.
What logic I should be following here? It’s like saying i should stop watching Gundam show because you can just play Armoured Core because both have Mechs.

Top Bottom