• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo Infinite (campaign) Metascore prediction thread...

What's your Halo Infinite Metascore prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
87 is the number that jumps at me first
80054.jpg

Todd... I will never doubt your words ever again.

This isn't an OT, just metacritic final predictions, I suspected in 80's and wasn't wrong. I hoped it would be 90's, I remember when Edge gave Halo a 10 and because of that I got an Xbox. But I don't think 343 are capable of truly great games.

Imagine putting this much weight on 3 points. How about you actually play the game to determine if YOU enjoy instead of having some weird obsession with an arbitrary # from other people.

NahaNago

well I was expecting around an 84 to 85 and it is doing better than that. My expectations were good gameplay, an okay story, and okay graphics and this is pretty much seems to be what was given.

Last edited:
Reviews often aren't given that far in advance

3 weeks isn't long time when the game is large and it's expected that reviewers will actually finish it before needing time to write their reviews. And especially so at the back end of the year when there are plenty of other games critics are also trying to play and finish in time to get their reviews out.

So issuing the game 3 weeks in advance of launch IS typical for large games launching at the end of the year.

nor do they allow everyone to make as many preview videos as they'd like of the content within the allowed preview space... it shows confidence more than anything

The Order 1886 had tonnes of previews prior to launch. As did many other mediocre to bad games that went on to review poorly.

Just because publisher marketing departments are actually marketing the game, doesn't mean they actually have confidence in the game's quality. It just means they're doing what they need to in order to ensure it sells because it's the biggest game in their portfolio and their fourth-quarter financials relies to some extent on the game being a fiscal success.

And all this aside, publishers having blind confidence in their unreleased game aren't any proof that the games will actually be good on release. There are innumerable examples in the industry history to demonstrate this fact.

Still has plenty of reviews left to go

either way if it does settle above 85, so? That’s barely changed from previous 343 entries. We know how those turned out, so consider me skeptical

it’ll take a 95+ meta for me consider the franchise back to the quality it deserves. 6 years and who knows how much money spent on this isn’t a showcase of an amazing turn of events for the studio

either way if it does settle above 85, so? That’s barely changed from previous 343 entries. We know how those turned out, so consider me skeptical

it’ll take a 95+ meta for me consider the franchise back to the quality it deserves. 6 years and who knows how much money spent on this isn’t a showcase of an amazing turn of events for the studio
Considering the new God of War only got a 94 and thats considered by a lot of people to be the best game of the last gen 95 plus is a pretty staunch figure.

lucius

So 3 points higher than Halo 5 Metacritic , well the user reviews on that one obviously proved more accurate, Infinite seems better than that game though . I probably still buy it even with GP.

Considering the new God of War only got a 94 and thats considered by a lot of people to be the best game of the last gen 95 plus is a pretty staunch figure.

mid 90s then, doesn’t need to be exactly 95

something solidly in the must have GOTG range

halo is too big to fail or get a score it’s probably more deserving of by the media.

Banjo64

cumsessed

It looks like an 82 game.

Scores 87.

Anything less than a 95 isn’t worth shit

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Embarrassing.

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

R.51cf75a216eda789eceddbff691bbc22

yurinka

86-87.

But it's difficult to predict because of its MP already has been released as F2P and its co-op will be released later. So not sure if they will review everything together, will wait for the coop, will review every thing separatedly or if they will review now campaign + MP and will avoid reviewing the coop.
Bingo!

As of now, 86 OC / 87 MC

Last edited:
Well, not everything can be as «great»and «innovative» as the newest Ratchet&Clank game so I expect every «negative» aspect to be blown out of proportion just like no game not available on a PlayStation console , sans the occasional Nintendo game, has the right to be a GOTY contender.

Looks like the mods ripped you a new one.

😂

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Dropped to 86, making us 86-87 predictors still on point...

Mid 80's title, and now officially on par with Halo 4....

What a return to form for the IP...

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Right now it stands at 86 Critics / 72 Users on Series X and 82 Critics / 52 User on PC.
XBOne gets a 41 from Users and no critic reviews (?). Auch. Interesting how Metacritic doesn't mention One X nor Series S.

Why is the game being slammed on PC by users though? I haven't played it because I'm waiting for the raytracing patch to come out, but such a low score usually means the game has stability problems.

Right now it stands at 86 Critics / 72 Users on Series X and 82 Critics / 52 User on PC.
XBOne gets a 41 from Users and no critic reviews (?). Auch. Interesting how Metacritic doesn't mention One X nor Series S.

Why is the game being slammed on PC by users though? I haven't played it because I'm waiting for the raytracing patch to come out, but such a low score usually means the game has stability problems.
User scores for console exclusives are riddled with console warriors. Literally useless.

Fun fact: I clicked on three random users who rated it a 0/10 and literally all three rated TLOU2 a 10/10. Weird coincidence 🤭

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Fun fact: I clicked on three random users who rated it a 0/10 and literally all three rated TLOU2 a 10/10. Weird coincidence 🤭

Its really strange, you would think as obvious fans of shit story telling they would love the boring, cringe inducing exposition dumps of Halo infinite.

Its one of those weird titles where I'm actually enjoying the audio logs far more than the actual cutscenes, because those don't feel forced.

Driving around with a Razorback full of sniper marines though, looking for them... now that's fun.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
User scores for console exclusives are riddled with console warriors. Literally useless.

Would that explain the large difference in user score betwen the Series X and PC versions though?
Steam shows 79% positive feedback on the game, though.

Would that explain the large difference in user score betwen the Series X and PC versions though?
Steam shows 79% positive feedback on the game, though.
Steam is infinitely more reliable, yeah. I've heard of technical issues in the PC version, so that might explain it.

Freeman76

God damn this is good. My favourite Halo by a mile! Surprised how small the game is though, had explored the map almost fully within an hour, and quite a way into it after about 5 hours play. Was hoping for an epic open world 70 hour experience, but I expected too much on that front. Still, top quality shit!

yamaci17

devs are not capable of understanding that majority of Steam gamers are on gpus in the levels of gtx 1060-1070

yet, they do horrible ports and optimizations. since the game is free to play, the exposition is even bigger.

my friend for example gave the game a negative review, why you would ask? he has a gtx 1060 and gets 30-40 fps at 1080p with everything set to low.

he gets 50-60 fps with optimized hardware unboxed settings in rdr 2. and rdr 2 admittedly looks better than halo, especially when you consider he has to run the gam at lowest of lows and game looks even more horrible at such settings.

so conclusion? 343 is not an indie company. they should be capable of optimizing the game better. it looks good at high settings and high resolutions, but it really falls flat at lower settings and lower resolutions. rightfully so, most people will find the game's graphics unworthy of its performance

devs are not capable of understanding that majority of Steam gamers are on gpus in the levels of gtx 1060-1070

yet, they do horrible ports and optimizations. since the game is free to play, the exposition is even bigger.

my friend for example gave the game a negative review, why you would ask? he has a gtx 1060 and gets 30-40 fps at 1080p with everything set to low.

he gets 50-60 fps with optimized hardware unboxed settings in rdr 2. and rdr 2 admittedly looks better than halo, especially when you consider he has to run the gam at lowest of lows and game looks even more horrible at such settings.

so conclusion? 343 is not an indie company. they should be capable of optimizing the game better. it looks good at high settings and high resolutions, but it really falls flat at lower settings and lower resolutions. rightfully so, most people will find the game's graphics unworthy of its performance
Not going to lie, Halo Infinite looks bad on my GTX 1080 at medium settings. I have to use the Variable resolution to achieve 60FPS and it makes the game look like garbage. That being said, the game is super fun.

Top Bottom