• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Horizon Zero Dawn TV adaptation will be developed by Steve Blackman (The Umbrella Academy) at Netflix

Draugoth

Gold Member
https://deadline.com/2022/08/steve-...a-academy-showrunner-netflix-deal-1235099888/

FTr5XSZWUAE5fz3-e1653580675223.jpg

Netflix had been looking to put together a TV series based on Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Down, set in a post-apocalyptic United States inhabited by robotic creatures and following clever outcast hunter Aloy, for the past few months.

Horizon Zero Dawn and Orbital are elevated, event-level projects grounded in characters that fans will love and relate to, which are hallmarks of Irish Cowboy productions,” said Blackman. “We’re thrilled to be working with Netflix and all of our partners on developing these ground-breaking stories.”

Last edited:

Pelta88

This has the potential to be huge.

But secretly, I'm waiting on the armchair analysts to tell me why I shouldn't subscribe to netflix to pop up.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i wonder how they manage the budget.

Fighting machines yes? either CGI or practical, both will be expensive.

ManaByte

I mean no disrespect but you clearly don't know how these things work. Yes The boys streams on Amazon. But it's created by Sony studios.

Sony makes a ton of shows that they distribute to various streaming services and networks. The Boys tv series is one such tv show.
The Horizon show isn’t being made by Sony. It’s being made by Netflix and the guy who made Umbrella Academy. That’s what the article in the OP is talking about.

GymWolf

Jesus fuck sony, generic zombie fuckery get chernobyl director and horizon get netflix treatment?? Gtfo...

Of course the fuckers hired lance bigdick to do the wesker role but they are not gonna hire him for the role of sylens...

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

They are the ones who made Altered Carbon and The Umbrella Academy so I think they can pull off a miracle and make a Horizon with good story and characters.

Really exciting and I already pay for Netflix anyway.

It has a great backstory/lore, but the characters and current story is average at best

Chukhopops

It has a great backstory/lore, but the characters and current story is average at best
Agreed, the world has insane potential, but the games wasted a lot of time on tribe stories and characters were a bit one-dimensional.

I hope they focus on the Zero Dawn story since that was the highlight of the first game.

I also think they will spend some time in the pre-apocalypse world since a) it’s cheaper to produce and b) it’s what they always do those days (Resident Evil for example).

GymWolf

I would kill for a serial about the decadence of humanity and operation enduring victory on the hands of some good ass scifi director...

Dinorobot are cool but the lore of the days before was the coolest shit in the game.

And i want ben mendelsohn in the role of ted faro.

Last edited:
Everyone fucks up Resident Evil, so that's not an indication of anything.

This is a great moment to focus more on event leading up to everything rather than where we currently are in Aloy's story.

Trogdor1123

Played by Zendaya?
i actually think she would cost too much right now. Her profile is pretty high now.
id be all for it though. She is pretty good I think

as long as they don’t stray from the lore and don’t ruin it or make it too mature, I’d be pumped for this show. If they went the route od “see” (but way way less graphic) it could be great

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Interesting. Is this Playstation Studios funded by Netflix, or is this a Netflix in-house job? The Umbrella Academy showrunner is a good start. I haven't watched the latest season yet, but I've enjoyed it thus far. VFX are a big concern though. It might make more sense to build physical models of the machines, and try to do most effects practically. Stop-motion combined with animation smoothing could look tits. Curious to see how this develops.

Top Bottom