• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The House of the Dead: Remake - Official Xbox Series X/S Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The House of the Dead: Remake is coming to Xbox Series X/S on September 23, 2022. Watch the latest trailer for another look at this upcoming remade version of the game introduced in 1997 on the arcade platform. The House of the Dead: Remake features include local 2-player multiplayer, photo mode, multiple endings, achievements, game graphics and performance adjusted to Xbox Series S/X, and much more.

intbal

Series consoles only?
It's a shame they're not bringing it to Xbox One S/X. I bet you could rig up some way to play a lightgun shooter with Kinect.

tommib

What an odd game to have as exclusive.
yL5rbAG.jpg

TexMex

While a light gun is better of course, I gotta say I played countless hours of House of the Dead on Dreamcast with a controller and loved it.

The issue with this game isn’t the controller it’s that it’s terrible.

Reactions: Isa

MAtgS

Never did I think I'd live to see the day where I was wishing for a Kinect mode but lo and behold.

Assuming it turned out good, does anyone think House of the Dead could work as a traditional horror title, or even a more action oriented one like the original Dead Space that still centers around guns? It's a complete departure from the original, but the light gun style game in general is a very dated design concept at this point outside of a literal arcade unit that you play in passing.

Havoc2049

Assuming it turned out good, does anyone think House of the Dead could work as a traditional horror title, or even a more action oriented one like the original Dead Space that still centers around guns? It's a complete departure from the original, but the light gun style game in general is a very dated design concept at this point outside of a literal arcade unit that you play in passing.
I would love something like that, but I don't know if Sega has it in them these days to take a chance on a game like that.

Rise of Nightmares felt very much like what you're describing, but the game never took off. Unfortunately, it was stuck on one console and required the Kinect. Great game IMO and one that I consider a hidden gem on the X360. If you haven't played it, it's worth your time if you have the means to play it.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Just bought it and Panzer Dragoon remake on Steam.

It's so fucking fun. It was like I was 25 years younger and was playing HotD2 on my Dreamcast.

Top Bottom