• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The individual who interrupted our Game of the Year moment has been arrested.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Good, hope he suffers, i cant stand people doing desperate shit for social media attention.

The people who laugh at this and thinks its funny are the most embarrassing cringe people out there.
I think people are laughing because of how bizarre the entire situation was, not because of the zoomer kid.

I have never seen an award show in which this happened. This was really not well planned.

ManaByte

Gold Member
0D84B100-85A7-40E9-A26E-C618E317127C.png

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The kid crossed a line. Geoff puts on a big show that no one else comes close to pulling off. What are the chances celebrities don’t want to attend because they allowed some stranger onstage. It’s super weird and the kid comes off like he has mental health issues. He wasn’t Jim Carey or Adam Sandler funny. He was an odd ball on a social media platform.

People act like they could pull this big production off themselves. This is what gaming has to show the rest of the world.

LRKD

What did he say?
“I’d like to dedicate this award to my reformed orthodox rabbi Bill Clinton."
Holy shit, what did I miss? I dipped after the Space Marine 2 trailer.
The end of the show when Fromsoft people went up to accept the final award, the kid just walked up and joined them on stage. Then after they finished their speech he took the microphone and said a lame joke.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yeah, I feel bad for Geoff, this was a great show overall besides Kratos going on for ages, and this security issue will be remembered more than anything.
I would also like to add to this and then I’m done. The man host a good AMA before every show. He’s even answered my questions before. He spends his own money running it. He does a great job informing people about what the industry is doing. He has to smile after every single announcement because he includes everything.

Could've been worse, but it says much about what things have become in the world that we always assume the worst outcome or possibility of it, rather than it simply being a dumb kid looking for 5 seconds of fame and immortal memes(which he got).

Keighley will have far, far tighter security at the next Game Awards. He'll have to. I wouldn't be surprised if no public tickets are available, if they were this time and that's how the kid got in.

Really don't understand why some people want the kid to go to jail for a long time for pulling this off. Kudos to him for making us chuckle with such nonsense, really hope his life doesn't get screwed because he pulled this off.

Honestly the only people to blame here is the security for not vetting people that go on stage and letting a random kid stand for like four minutes behind a bunch of Japanease game devs without being allowed to use the mic and spout nonsense for all to hear. Hopefully next time they will do a better job in terms of security to avoid such incidents.... Especially considering someone with bad intentions could have done much worse in these circumstances.

Reformed Orthodox Rabbi Bill Clinton is still the true winner of tonight.

Last edited:

Doom85

How can anyone be angry at this? That's fucking hilarious. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Because it could have gone way differently if he had a weapon. I’m not saying we can’t have fun since everyone was unharmed, but seriously, it’s always possible a loony has it out for someone they “admire”. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Grimmie

So it’s funny, but you shouldn’t be surprised people are also disappointed that security fucked up like this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Because it could have gone way differently if he had a weapon. I’m not saying we can’t have fun since everyone was unharmed, but seriously, it’s always possible a loony has it out for someone they “admire”. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Grimmie

So it’s funny, but you shouldn’t be surprised people are also disappointed that security fucked up like this.
I hear ya. But since nobody got hurt, it is pretty funny.

kungfuian

Could he potentially be guilty of a civil crime? The game show is big business with game companies and Geoff putting big dollars behind it. If his actions damage that in any way (no matter how small) could he end up with civil charges against him.

For example we're all talking about him instead of eldrin ring which is taking away from eldrin Ring game of the year word of mouth/marketing.

Last edited:

Crayon

The kid crossed a line. Geoff puts on a big show that no one else comes close to pulling off. What are the chances celebrities don’t want to attend because they allowed some stranger onstage. It’s super weird and the kid comes off like he has mental health issues. He wasn’t Jim Carey or Adam Sandler funny. He was an odd ball on a social media platform.

People act like they could pull this big production off themselves. This is what gaming has to show the rest of the world.

Without little quality security as a standard feature at events this would happen all day long. It could be more their fault than the kid's depending on how whacked in the head he is.

-Zelda-

Banned
The kid is an idiot for sure, but at the same time, so is Jeff. At anyrate, my dislike of Soulsborne and the stress is brings me is not well known here as of yet, HOWEVER, I do not support the trolling of the developer and staff during this event. Mixed feels all around.

DavidGzz

Pacino should be happy that Judge made him look good. Judge should be happy that this kid took the focus off of his terribly long speech. Still didn't win a Deck despite those extra 15 chances he gave me.

nush

Gold Member
I have never seen an award show in which this happened.

I wasn't there but I knew a man that was,

10526-1_011b6dfed19aba82782b7954ab1d00d38578885b14.jpg

Heart of Darkness had a troubled development, but after a publisher change is was finally released.

So there's this game industry event in Paris and Infogrames are called up on stage to get and award/credit/sucked off but it was the publisher Virgin Games that did all the hard work and seeing how someone else was getting praised for this game when all infogrames had done is put their logo on the box pissed them off. So some of VG staff in the audience just walked up on stage with them. Nobody said anything, but also nobody knew who they were and why they were on the stage. Classic French arrogance.

Top Bottom