• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The individual who interrupted our Game of the Year moment has been arrested.

Swift_Star

Banned
We all started at gaf, a kerfuffle went down and a bunch of people moved over to this new site, era, in 2017. Era turned out to be a thought policing hell hole so most people either came back to gaf, or came to gaf for the first time from that place
I got a perm from ERA for saying MS was making monopolistic moves by buying the industry and now that the regulators seem think that too, they're looking like a bunch of clowns.

LordOfChaos

I loved Geoff's reaction afterwards once the kid had spoken. You could see the rage seething inside him lol.

I feel for him honestly, this was a good and respectful game awards now this random kid is the talk of the town, there's probably a lot of conversation on the security issue as well. Imagine if he was insane rather than stupid and was right behind the From Software leads.

Can't edgelord trolling teenagers just stick to twitter? Why they got to insert themselves into venues in which they clearly aren't wanted at any level.

That said, the memes are hilarious, and this is mostly on Jeff for apparently not having any security.

Last edited:

Mitsurux

After watching the clip the thing that is just baffling, is the amount of people who did nothing. Guys who won the award didn't say or do anything, the person who announced the award did nothing, Geoff did nothing, security did nothing. They were on stage for almost 5 min with a person who clearly did not belong there just sorta lingering in the back. Then when he steps up to the mic, the producers/show staff do nothing, cut the mic switch cameras, que Geoff, cut to something else.

Posted this on era and it went as well as you’d expect

Of course hand-wringing, saying I was calling antisemitism a differing viewpoint, twisting my point. Typical. Someone called out my low post count so I followed up with

Then they basically accused me of being an antisemite.

So I told gay bowser that I am a gay white guy with a mixed race daughter and you think I’m a MAGA loon (apologies to any MAGA loon’s reading). I was subsequently told I was lying about my very factual life and then banned.

How’s your morning going??

lol
Just let them stew in their own insane juices.

Bartski

Gold Member
The only funny thing about it is how insanely embarrassing this was for Keighley and his whole security team which he likely fired on the spot, as he should. It's impossible they don't have a real-time guestlist screening system in a crowd where nominees are mixed seated with randoms, especially to prevent incidents like this. Imagine the post-show shitstorm in the production room.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Kid who baited the camera and then flashed the Free Hong Kong shirt is being floated as the same guy?

NBA are such hypocritical cowards.

"Quick, move the camera, not approved messages!"

But yeah, heard it was the same kid, lol.

Twitter has already plastered him as a racist anti-semite (he's Jewish).
Of course they did. It's not about what you actually are, but how you actually think.

Now let the memes be fruitful !!

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Fjh4pGfXoAQgLxW

Banjo64

cumsessed
Posted this on era and it went as well as you’d expect

Of course hand-wringing, saying I was calling antisemitism a differing viewpoint, twisting my point. Typical. Someone called out my low post count so I followed up with

Then they basically accused me of being an antisemite.

So I told gay bowser that I am a gay white guy with a mixed race daughter and you think I’m a MAGA loon (apologies to any MAGA loon’s reading). I was subsequently told I was lying about my very factual life and then banned.

How’s your morning going??
Am I missing something in the first place? It’s just gibberish isn’t it? ‘My reformed orthodox rabbi Bill Clinton’? I thought it was just a kid being a meme artist - what’s antisemitic about it?

Naked Lunch

This could have ended very badly if the wacko had a weapon or something.
Even when it was happening live - I could tell something wasnt right because the kid looked so out of place, standing right behind Miyazaki, with this pissed off look on his face.

Hopefully its a major eye opener to take security more seriously for this show- since the show has gotten pretty big in a short amount of time.
Thankfully nothing happened.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Douchebag thing to do.
You don't piss in someone else's pool just because you can and think it'll be funny. Have some respect.

But of course, he didn't have any respect. He went up during the biggest and last award so he could have his moment. Probably thinking he would look so cool.
To be fair this would have been infinitely funnier if it had been Cory Ballbag who is full of himself.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This could have ended very badly if the wacko had a weapon or something.
Even when it was happening live - I could tell something wasnt right because the kid looked so out of place, standing right behind Miyazaki, with this pissed off look on his face.

Hopefully its a major eye opener to take security more seriously for this show- since the show has gotten pretty big in a short amount of time.
Thankfully nothing happened.
Right there with ya as this could have gone really bad really fast

Funny how many people are idolizing what this idiot did but then again today’s society is pretty fucked up

CeeJay

The only funny thing about it is how insanely embarrassing this was for Keighley and his whole security team which he likely fired on the spot, as he should. It's impossible they don't have a real-time guestlist screening system in a crowd where nominees are mixed seated with randoms, especially to prevent incidents like this. Imagine the post-show shitstorm in the production room.
The funny part is how a kid showed how we humans are all herd creatures who are so easily led as a mass collective. Im sure hundreds of people noticed and said nothing simply because no one else had said anything either. Really it was a clever practical display of how authoritarians use psychology to control entire populations.

Last edited:

NickFire

Right there with ya as this could have gone really bad really fast

Funny how many people are idolizing what this idiot did but then again today’s society is pretty fucked up
Feels like one of those instances when you want to laugh but don't want the wrongdoer to know you are laughing to me. Thankfully he was just a dumb kid and not Will Smith some crazy guy looking to hit someone. Because it definitely could have gone badly.

Am I missing something in the first place? It’s just gibberish isn’t it? ‘My reformed orthodox rabbi Bill Clinton’? I thought it was just a kid being a meme artist - what’s antisemitic about it?
I really don’t know. Someone posted an entire thread about how that has something to do with some conspiracy theory of Jews running the world which is funny considering they’re basically making up their own conspiracy theory on the spot while mocking another.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Feels like one of those instances when you want to laugh but don't want the wrongdoer to know you are laughing to me. Thankfully he was just a dumb kid and not Will Smith some crazy guy looking to hit someone. Because it definitely could have gone badly.
Its one of those things its funny until its not.

Kind of want to laugh now but if it went south then people would be like how the fuck did this happen type of thing

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Its one of those things its funny until its not.

Kind of want to laugh now but if it went south then people would be like how the fuck did this happen type of thing
I think it's OK to laugh since nothing bad happened. Also, this will make them much more serious about security in future shows. It's kind of a win-win. Funny for the viewer and informative for security.

ADiTAR

Banned
Looks like this is really him, he's really into hong kong police brutality, but I have no idea what the Rabbi Bill Clinton thing was on about

[/URL][/URL]
I don't know what the Clinton thing was.

However, he's almost def Israeli. Matan is an Israeli name and his accent matches that too.

EDIT: Although his previous videos don't have an accent, so not sure what's going on.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I don't know what the Clinton thing was.

However, he's almost def Israeli. Matan is an Israeli name and his accent matches that too.

EDIT: Although his previous videos don't have an accent, so not sure what's going on.

A lot of people jumped on this being antisemitism. I thought it was just dumb thing to sayism, especially if he's Jewish.

I mean, calling Bill Clinton a secret Jew is no dumber than any of the other dumbshit Qanon cooks up. Par for the course. Doesn't really matter if the kids Jewish when Kanye says shit like slavery was a choice. Shit is bonkers with clear racist overtones.

To be fair this would have been infinitely funnier if it had been Cory Ballbag who is full of himself.
No it wouldn't have been. Awkward edgelord troll remains awkward edgelord troll regardless of who wins GOTY.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
No it wouldn't have been. Awkward edgelord troll remains awkward edgelord troll regardless of who wins GOTY.
Christ you must live a boring life if a harmless prank where no one was hurt and where no one was the butt of the joke is ‘edgelord trolling’. Even if you don’t find it funny, it’s hardly edgelord humour.

Reactions: Fuz
Christ you must live a boring life if a harmless prank where no one was hurt and where no one was the butt of the joke is ‘edgelord trolling’. Even if you don’t find it funny, it’s hardly edgelord humour.

I didn't say calling Bill Clinton a reformed orthodox Jew is good edgelording. It's bottom barrel "Is this person on their meds?" edgelording.

LordOfChaos

I'm Jewish, I did not get antisemitism from this. Why, cause he said Rabbi Clinton? I don't know what that means.

People (somewhat understandably) just hop to that assumption quickly these days, but he's an Israeli-Jewish prankster who was just being a dumb 15 year old

I think he just tried to say something of novel meme value and get his followers up, and seems to be very interested in police brutality in Hong Kong

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Because it could have gone way differently if he had a weapon. I’m not saying we can’t have fun since everyone was unharmed, but seriously, it’s always possible a loony has it out for someone they “admire”. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Grimmie

So it’s funny, but you shouldn’t be surprised people are also disappointed that security fucked up like this.
That's pretty as sad, didn't know about that.
2016 the year the world went mad 😞

ADiTAR

Banned
People (somewhat understandably) just hop to that assumption quickly these days, but he's an Israeli-Jewish prankster who was just being a dumb 15 year old

I think he just tried to say something of novel meme value and get his followers up, and seems to be very interested in police brutality in Hong Kong

Yeah, seems like it was just silly. People need to not over analyzed everything.

Top Bottom