• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Invincible - Teaser Trailer (by former The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light devs)

Bullet Club

Remember, there are consequences to the actions you take. Where will your choices lead you? While the first questions are answered, new ones appear. The first teaser of The Invincible is here. Coming in 2022 to consoles and PC. Based on the iconic novel by the same name, The Invincible is a first-person retro Sci-Fi adventure thriller set in an atompunk world.

The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up as a space scientist on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Survival is a matter of your correct choices, taken whilst uncovering the secrets of the planet, bigger than anyone thought.

You are a scientist onboard an interstellar scientific expedition, suddenly thrown into a life-or-death rescue mission. Landing on a planet Regis III you have to find the missing crew members using some advanced space equipment, whilst relying on your brains and instincts to survive on the planet which quickly occurs to be unwelcoming. Soon you’ll discover that Regis III holds terrifying secrets which are uncovered while you’re piecing together the fate of your crew. And as you delve deeper into the mystery, you realise that perhaps you are not alone and that some places like this planet are better left untouched. But it’s too late to turn back.

Features
  • Retro-future atompunk setting reminiscent of the space race
  • Analogue yet very advanced technology allowing for drones and autonomous robots to support or spoil your mission
  • Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
  • Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
  • Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem’s seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name

supernova8

Banned
Pretty good teaser. Should have hired these folks to do the Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City trailer...

James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Rikkori

Dunno, seems a bit lame. Reminds me of Deliver Us The Moon which turned out to be a dud, though the atmosphere was nice. Just don't think the world really needs another walking simulator.

Exentryk

The world looks inviting to explore. Graphics look decent. Need to see some gameplay, but definitely interested from the teaser.

Majukun

nothing interesting to see thus far, maybe when they will actually show the game instead of scripted cutscenes

Verchod

I'm really liking the look and style of this. The gameplay description sounds very interesting. One to watch I think.

That's a pretty good teaser. I have to say it put the game on my radar which is exactly what a teaser should. Still not 100% sure what kind of game it is though?

"Consequence."

You lose a line of dialogue or an npc in the middle or end of the game.
Depends. If they're diverging heavily from the original story but keeping the setting, the decisions may be costing you a fair bit more.

To wit, in the original novel, the navigator's (the guy in the trailer's) decision was a very big moment. As one of the Astrogator's most trusted crew, he got the opportunity to decide for the Astrogator, with the latter taking whatever fallout there would be for the decision. The choice between safely leaving the planet, and making sure that no one who could still be saved was left behind.

If they're not just plopping you down after the main story, you could be deciding with the lives of a few hundred people on the line.

sendit

I don't need to see gameplay. This is GOTY when it gets released. History has proven. When you get a group of guys together that have worked on past triple A games, a viable product emerges. See The Initiative as a prime example:

Top Bottom