• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition PS4 Trailer

Bullet Club

The ultimate evolution of KOF '98 UM FE!

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION, a fully tuned-up version of KOF '98 which is still an immensely popular game in the KOF series, is finally coming to PlayStation®4!

Based on KOF '98, this new "ULTIMATE MATCH" features a unique new "Ultimate Mode" system and game balance adjustments. Various game modes such as "Challenge Mode" and "Practice Mode" have also been added!

In addition, this title adopts rollback netcode for its online matches. Online lobbies can accommodate up to nine players and features a spectator mode. Online functions have also been greatly overhauled, including a replay function for battles and settings for matchmaking conditions!

Aim for the top by winning the ultimate battle between 64 popular characters from KOF's history!

nush

Gold Member
Final?

OIP-C.v3yDQ3OH7YG9aeP-rQrOdgHaEK

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Still waiting on TKOF 2003
it still stuck on the PS3

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Amazing, one of my fav fighting games back then and my fav KoF game for sure.

K' Dash

Well, UM is based on KOF 98 which is the best KOF ever made, nothing ever touched that game, so this should be good.

SkylineRKR

I saw this in the store but I assumed it was the PS2 classics port.

I still have the original on AES actually, this is the best KOF game.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I have owned and played the Steam version since 2014, so I am wondering if they are actually adding anything like the 3D stages from PS2 version or if this is just a port.

P.S. I think KoF XV is a strong contender for best KoF but I will admit Heavy D, Mr. Big, Krauser, and nostalgia have me coming back to KoF '98 FE every so often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom