• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Kingdom - BBC/Netflix - Cornwell's "Saxon Stories" - S1 available on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't too fond of Vikings and much preferred this, largely due to it having more of an 'adventure' feel. I also think the characters in this are more likeable, and I think
Ubba is a fantastic villain
. Either way, if you like one you'll at the very least get some enjoyment from the other.

It seems like we're not getting it anytime soon in the US on Netflix, so feel free to make a new thread for the UK broadcast of S2 which starts tonight. Enjoy!

RiZ III

The first season was mediocre. It did intrigue me enough to pick up the books though which turned out to be awesome.

frontovik

Banned
The books are far better than the TV series, in my opinion. I understand that the show adaptation have its constraints, but Cornwell's works could've been represented better with HBO production values.

Jag

The first season was mediocre. It did intrigue me enough to pick up the books though which turned out to be awesome.

Bernard Cornwell's books are incredibly formulaic but still fun. I've read every series he puts out because they are interesting and pulpy historical fiction. Check out the Sharpe series if you liked the Saxon Stories.

KahooTs

Will read impressions before deciding if I'll bother watching this one. In hindsight the first season was not worth it.

Uh no, this isn't what I thought it was and I'm confused.

LTTP on this, but this show is good. How come no one swears in this show? Decapitations, sex and tits are ok, but saying "shit" is not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom