• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Releasing On February 21st, 2020 | New Trailer

Fbh

Any TLDR version for those of us that can't watch videos right now?

Last edited:

scalman

so in those preview video wont be any new gameplay shots ? just what we allready saw yes ?
if there is new they show just relase it as separate video of whats new that wwe didint saw yet

5NF3BBk.png

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
No Multiplayer, big open scenarios with a lot of stuff going on, continuist gameplay with a lot more focus on tension, action and survival, new enemy faction, new monsters, lots of dogs, sublime graphics and animation.

10/10

Last edited:

scalman

so they spoiling a lot in those preview about story about what happens with Elie and Dina and stuff... so hows that better then just show us all that demo so we could see for ourselfs.

Shagger

Banned
so they spoiling a lot in those preview about story about what happens with Elie and Dina and stuff... so hows that better then just show us all that demo so we could see for ourselfs.

Thanks for mentioning. If there is spoilers, even minor ones, know to avoid.

Bkdk

Great release date choice. There will be too many new games that I really want to play starting from March, although I’ll only watch this on YouTube it’s still nice that this is out late February so I can finish watching it in 2-3 undisrupted sitting.

ZiriusOne

Where exactly do people get the "no multiplayer" thing from? It would be an absolute travesty if they cheap out and don't have an evolution of the god tier MP of the first one.

scalman

just watched one full preview and wow im amazed , now i know that i want this game so bad , not from those earlier trailer but from this gameplay. yes , thats my style, bow , knife and stealth all over. i never upgaded so much weapons in first game and i dont plan do it in this one, more melle person .

Business

It really is. They had something so unique that you don't get in other MP modes in the first one and to just drop that and make it SP only fuckin sucks.

I've been waiting for years for this MP and the last thing I could imagine is that there's no multiplayer at all in the sequel. Shocking really.

scalman

some good stuff that menu and most UI stayed same so you no need to learn much new controls and such so all just as you knew it
kSPxnV7.jpg

nice that you will still upgrade weapons on those special tables again same stuff no need learn new
JWOU8dd.jpg

that bow will be amazing to use , and those dogos will follow you all over , thats will be new and we will need to learn that this time its not all so easy to hide
fke5amP.jpg

y4kBV6x.jpg

zeorhymer

Wasn't this the same as the TLOU? No multiplayer at launch, but added it in afterwards?

Edit: Why is she wearing a gas mask? Isn't she immune to spores or something?

Last edited:

scalman

Wasn't this the same as the TLOU? No multiplayer at launch, but added it in afterwards?

Edit: Why is she wearing a gas mask? Isn't she immune to spores or something?
i think new kind of enemie that explodes to some new gass maybe thats why . not from spores but from some gass that is even bad for her now.
or she is not imune anymore for some reason, who knows.
maybe is this new enemies underground which we saw in trailer and if there are multiple of them its really bad air and you need that mask then
QQXDodn.jpg

Last edited:

Nero_PR

Banned
I could care less for the multiplayer. It was nothing phenomenal. If it was necessary so they could bring the next evolution for their game. So be it.

Keihart

some good stuff that menu and most UI stayed same so you no need to learn much new controls and such so all just as you knew it
kSPxnV7.jpg

nice that you will still upgrade weapons on those special tables again same stuff no need learn new
JWOU8dd.jpg

that bow will be amazing to use , and those dogos will follow you all over , thats will be new and we will need to learn that this time its not all so easy to hide
fke5amP.jpg
Oh shit, you can go prone now, that really cool

Last edited:

Keihart

Reposting somewhat relevant gameplay gifs i made
Good boys can follow your farts
giphy.gif

Also they can fuck up your new tattoo and stop you from running away when someone wants to know what it means and why you have it.
giphy.gif

You can also dodge or get slapped now, even moldy people attacks.
giphy.gif

And most importantly of all, you can jump run and crawl just like Venom Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series, this is punished Ellie
giphy.gif

Example of Ellie touching the floor with her nipples like Solid Snake does, she doesn't try to fuck it like old snake tho...
giphy.gif

Eliciel

I understood from many friends, that they disliked seeing joel as it would be a major spoiler. I don't feel like it is a big spoiler. What do you think? o_O

Nero_PR

Banned
One of the main good guys going off the latest trailer. A great catch for the actress to be in what will no doubt be 2 of the biggest games this gen.
OH, cool. I've been out of the loop for COD games for some time. They are not my cup of tea anymore.

It seems that her career is going really well from here onwards.

Last edited:

scalman

anyway Dina working with those other guys . she kinda taken but shes not for real its all lies... thats good story i think ,and she dies in the end

This rereveal and gameplay tanked my hype. Can't believe they held out this long to show this, and for what?

What is new since the mind blowing E32018 demo?

Official reveal of new enemy types, okay cool:
Fast bloaters.
Dogs. The dogs honestly seem to be more annoying than interesting to fight.

They cut multiplayer.

They carried over the two weakest links of TLOU game mechanics:
1. The homing-missile bricks and bottles.
Why is that still the only shit we can interact with? Why have they kept how broken and easy it is to abuse? You should not be able to always throw a bottle perfectly across a room and have it land dead center on someone regardless of how much relative motion is going on. It requires no skill to use effectively and should have been changed.
2. Listen mode - aka cheat mode. That shit should have stayed in the last game or relegated to a hard of hearing mode.

The freeform perfectly animated and intense looking melee system that blew everyone's mind at E32018 is now relegated to lock on canned animations and executions you have no control over just like TLOU1. The absolutely necessary but now overhyped addition of dodging has simply replaced your typical tps melee block with an impervious dodge animation seemingly requiring no other input than tapping the button at the right time like a QTE. There's even a fucking button prompt for it... That is not the advancement in all of gaming melee combat that last year's demo alluded to.

Carrying on from above, the motion mapping hype was a bunch of bullshit smoke and mirrors. NPCs animate no differently or better than they did in Uncharted 4. They can now shimmy between skinny openings.. k and then awkwardly transition back to walking like any other fucking game. There's no cinematic quality person to person to environment interaction like was promised. Last years demo was one big canned animation made to look like gameplay... This was supposed to marry cinematic quality animation with player input response... and it's not fucking there... They even had the audacity to claim it was real and shun that Ubisoft animator who called their bluff... dude apologized and everything... wtf

Finally, the graphics. They're all over the place. Some places look about up to the quality of the last demo but most of them don't. Character skin and rendering with respect to reacting to light looks flat in many scenes. The way dynamic lights react with the environment looks unnatural with lots of bleeding through surfaces and objects. The environments and interiors have less detail and objects making them look empty and square. Bottles and other objects seem to float above surfaces...

It's jarring seeing this after Uncharted 4 to the point that I'd argue this game looks decidedly less impressive than both it and RDR2.
Seriously, go check out some screens or video of UC4 right now and compare with this TLOU2 gameplay. It's like the engine got a downgrade.
Is it a bad looking game? Hell no, it's still top tier but it's not claiming any crowns as far as I can tell.

So yea... This was my most anticipated release.. Does it look like an improvement on TLOU1? Yes. Am I satisfied with the advancement from it after an entire console generation and 7ish years? I might have been had they never faked that fucking demo last year. Therefore, I can wait for the remaster on PS5, that's where I'm at. Bring on the attacks now.

Dina doesn't die, she's in Call of Duty!
zo0xuzdz5xo31.png

Not a fan of her in TLoU2, as a loveinterest of the maincharacter she looks pretty ugly imo. (that's a general problem with women in Sony games though)

The game itself looks fantastic though, i mean it's still a PS4 game, but the animations are top notch and the landscapes look great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom