• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Releasing On February 21st, 2020 | New Trailer

Not a fan of her in TLoU2, as a loveinterest of the maincharacter she looks pretty ugly imo. (that's a general problem with women in Sony games though)

The game itself looks fantastic though, i mean it's still a PS4 game, but the animations are top notch and the landscapes look great.

You do realize that *gasp* "ugly" people can fall in love and form relationships too right?

Geki-D

Banned
Not a fan of her in TLoU2, as a loveinterest of the maincharacter she looks pretty ugly imo. (that's a general problem with women in Sony games though)
I'm sure Sony will take onboard the valable, informative and constructive criticism that you can't masturbate to their characters. I'm sure this is a major issue for Sony and is a big part of why they make games and have female characters in them at all.

Or just not use it lol.
In the first game you could disable it and it wasn't even an option on harder difficulties, if I recall correctly.

Nero_PR

Banned
You do realize that *gasp* "ugly" people can fall in love and form relationships too right?
Imagine if we just excluded ugly people. Wouldn't we be by now, genetically speaking, be formed just by the genes of godly looking people?

I can't believe some people here didn't consider that ugliness and beauty is subjective and susceptible to change.

Last edited:
Imagine if we just excluded ugly people. Wouldn't we be by now, genetically speaking, be formed just by the genes of godly looking people?

I can't believe some people here didn't consider that ugliness and beauty is subjective and susceptible to change.

I'm still flabbergasted at the "is Ellie on steroids" thread where people spent 10 pages dissecting what her back looks like and how it's manly looking or whatever.

It's the most cringey neckbearded shit.

Of course it's subjective, that's why i put a "imo" in my posting, you are free to find any fictive person attractive or not.

I do, and i also can find videogame characters ugly and not to my liking or unsympathetic.

I will play the game nonetheless as it looks great, it was only a small remark on a character and i wonder why people find it that offensive to *gasp* I didn't want to offend anyone here, i talked about an imaginative videogame figure and how i feel about Sonys Polygon women.

I'm sure Sony will take onboard the valable, informative and constructive criticism that you can't masturbate to their characters. I'm sure this is a major issue for Sony and is a big part of why they make games and have female characters in them at all.

In the first game you could disable it and it wasn't even an option on harder difficulties, if I recall correctly.

That would be great but sadly i doubt it. And i don't masturbate to videogames or fictive women.

Well, in the end we probably aren't gonna see that character the whole game either way.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned

The game itself looks fantastic though, i mean it's still a PS4 game, but the animations are top notch and the landscapes look great.

What is wrong with some of you people?

Keihart

ND looking to improve the AI companion this time around. Hopefully they don’t stuff it. I’m fine with invincible allies.

Bedn playing the lost legacy recently and lots of things they mention seem to have a little of a test in this expansion. like there is some basic contextual dialogue going on between enemies and Nadine seems like she can get spotted sometimes but also is way better at keeping cover unlike Ellie in TLoU1.
To be fair, they been at it since the first uncharted, upgrading the companion AI i mean, they seem to think of it as a very important part of their games because having a partner while playing allows for them to expose more story through dialogue and banter.

Last edited:

scalman

I was more then fine with AI companion in first game but time passes and sure we need even more alive like companions with more dialogs some random decisions maybe and such.
I allways though that true next gen games are not those who just improved textures and lighting but more deep stuff like AI , world interaction, destruction

Last edited:

rəddəM

New video:

My theory is that the very first thing we're going to see is the end of TLoU 1 again and the consequences of Joel's lies/actions.
Joel and Ellie's relationship is going to be pretty distant and cold even though they live in Tommy's camp.
Then there's Ellie and Dina's romance, then there's Dina death.
Ellie goes out on revenge mode after who knows and Joel goes after her.
I'm pretty sure we're playing as Joel.

Last edited:

FranXico

My theory is that the very first thing we're going to see is the end of TLoU 1 again and the consequences of Joel's lies/actions.
Joel and Ellie's relationship is going to be pretty distant and cold even though they live in Tommy's camp.
Then there's Ellie and Dina's romance, then there's Dina death.
Ellie goes out on revenge mode after who knows and Joel goes after her.
I'm pretty sure we're playing as Joel.
It would have been great if a co-op mode (one playing as Joel and the other as Ellie) existed. But we all know that's never going to happen.

mckmas8808

Banned
Previews already confirmed that the game plays and looks just like that E3 demonstration. All those animations and gameplay moments are there. People want to ignore that though, for trolling effort.

It's crazy to me that we Gaffers argued about those graphics and animations for weeks, and now when the game is previewed to the press and looks just like the video from a year ago........LITERALLY no one wants to have that conversation now. Now all they want to talk about is muscle backs, girl-on-girl kissing, and SJW messaging.

Silent Duck

It's crazy to me that we Gaffers argued about those graphics and animations for weeks, and now when the game is previewed to the press and looks just like the video from a year ago........LITERALLY no one wants to have that conversation now. Now all they want to talk about is muscle backs, girl-on-girl kissing, and SJW messaging.
There was definitely a downgrade!
This presentation had way fewer kisses in it. Where are the missing kisses? #Kissgate

aOfhyXC.jpg

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Found this interesting.

He talks about how Naughty Dog's misdirection in other video game trailers

One of them being the first Last of Us story trailer that shows Ellie pointing the gun at Joel at the end.

It made people believe that Ellie might turn on Joel.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dina's bracelet around Ellie's wrist is gone when we actually play the game.

Jon Neu

Banned
People are just too used to this perfect girl stereotype all around, that everyone feels like they are beauty critics.
She is not my type by a long stretch but it has its charm. By the end of the day our opinions matter not.

Beauty and sexuality are selling points. It's the way we are as humans.

The real life girl is cute and it's sexy, the videogame counterpart is ugly and manly so it fits that alternative independent lesbian SJW fantasy.

Last edited:

Mass Shift

Beauty and sexuality are selling points. It's the way we are as humans.

The real life girl is cute and it's sexy, the videogame counterpart is ugly and manly so it fits that alternative independent lesbian SJW fantasy.

As long as you're speaking for yourself, fine.

But I've been attracted to and involved with various types of women. Women with wide and boyish hips, and heavy chested to bird breasted. Round faces and long faces, hard bodies to soft bodies. Women are physically appealing in a variety of ways.

SJW in gaming is a problem but you can't blame it for everything. This is how ND chose to render and portray her.

Handy Fake

As long as you're speaking for yourself, fine.

But I've been attracted to and involved with various types of women. Women with wide and boyish hips, and heavy chested to bird breasted. Round faces and long faces, hard bodies to soft bodies. Women are physically appealing in a variety of ways.

SJW in gaming is a problem but you can't blame it for everything. This is how ND chose to render and portray her.
Amen.

Top Bottom