• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us almost had DLC about Ellie’s mom, reveals Neil Druckmann

Draugoth

Gold Member
The-Last-of-Us-europe-1140x815.jpg

The Last of Us was going to have a DLC centered on the character of Ellie’s mother, Anna, revealed Neil Druckmann in an interview.

Anna , Ellie’s mother, to appear during the TV series of The Last of Us during the first season, Druckmann has already confirmed, and will be played by Ashley Johnson, or the actress who modeled for Ellie in the series video games. The character in question should have had more space, evidently, but the developers then decided to change this aspect in the games.

“I had written a short story after we had shipped the game already. It was supposed to be an animated short, but it fell apart and didn’t come to be,” Druckmann said. “There was a moment where we almost made it as DLC, but it fell apart.”

“We brought it to life in the most beautiful, poetic way, which is Ashley Johnson playing Ellie’s mom and she was the original actor for Ellie.”

The choice of Ashley Johnson in the role of Anna obviously has a profound meaning because it is also a sort of homage to the video game that fans of this game will not fail to grasp, since it is the model on which the original Ellie is built. For the rest, we reported this morning that the second episode of the TV series is even more viewed than the first , further certifying the success of this one.

Vick

Gold Member
Just make a game focused on Anna, Marlene, Tess, Joel, Tommy and Bill.
The characters are all interconnected and there's plenty of interesting stuff to do with them still.

Woggleman

We are seeing a bunch of stuff from the beginning of the outbreak and twenty years after. I want to see maybe a year or two after the outbreak when society is falling apart but there is still some semblance of structure. It would be interesting to see things in the process of devolving.

It would be an interesting part of a game to be trapped in a city that is about to be bombed and you have to find a way out.

skneogaf

clearly dont know squat about TLoU besides some memes.

Okay then, I'd like Gerald 'jerry' Anderson to have had a one night stand with Anna before getting with abbys mum, in that one night stand, Anna gets pregnant but doesn't tell Jerry. The kid turns out to be Ellie.

DarthPutin

I believe ND used to have a picture of heavily pregnant young woman in a gas mask with gun in her hand, with many people speculating that it's Ellie's mother, but I don't know the image's source and how we know it came from them.

Would be cool to have SOME hint at scientific explanation for Ellie's - if we're being serious - nonsensical immunity via showing her parents background, specific genes, enviromental exposure, what? doesn't have to be stated clearly, but enough for people to speculate.

Top Bottom