• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us Part 1 - Improvements Listed

Pelta88

What's New with Visuals and Performances so far?

• Completely rebuilt from the ground up the game has been faithfully enhanced with more realistic lighting and atmosphere, more intricate environments and creative reimaginings of familiar spaces.
  • Original performances with original animation retargeted on new animation rigs, bringing them closer to the original performances of the VA on set
  • Same art director redid all the art from ground up confirmed by Neil Druckmann

Whats new with Gameplay so far?

• A total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay mechanics, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. .
  • Brand new AI confirmed by Neil Druckmann
  • Improved environmental storytelling and enhanced exploration
  • Combat will be redone confirmed by Neil Druckmann
  • New animations systems confirmed by Neil Druckmann
  • Haptic feedback: controller haptic feedback support for every weapon elevates combat encounters, and environments are brought to life through DualSense wireless controller haptic sensations of subtle falling rain, the crunch of stepping on snow and more.
  • Adaptive triggers: All The Last of Us including Joel's revolver and Ellie's bow, now deliver dynamic DualSense wireless controller trigger resistance and kickback on firing for deeper combat immersion.
  • Everything they learn on Uncharted 4 and Last of Us Part II they applied to the remake
  • The game will be 60 confirmed by Neil Druckmann
  • Fast loading: Initial loading times are near instant, and seamless after the first instance so you can pick up where you left off in the story and load specific encounters and chapters more quickly.
Whats the added new content so far ?

• Explosive Arrows Gameplay Modifier
  • Dither Punk Filter
  • Speedrun Mode
  • Six Weapon Skins: Black Gold 9mm Pistol, Silver Filigree 9mm Pistol, Rubber Tactical Shotgun, Sculpted Oak Shotgun, Arctic White Bow, Carbon Black Bow

What's new with audio so far?

• 3D Audio: Designed to make use of the PS5 console's Tempest 3D AudioTech, Naughty Dog's newly upgraded audio engine delivers richer soundscapes, bigger explosive moments and more visceral gameplay through compatible stereo headphones (analogue or USB) or TV speakers.

Who are the directors?
Game Director: Matthew Gallant Work on The Last of Us and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. He rose to Lead Systems Designer on The Last of Us Part II and co-headed the charge for over 60 accessibility features.
Creative Director: Shaun Escayg: Shaun started as Lead Cinematic Animator on The Last of Us and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Shaun would later go on to become the Creative Director of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Sauces

Massive improvements but the mere thought of Dualsense haptics on TLOU1 got me like

200.gif

Last edited:

TastyPastry

i hope it has the same amount of gore and the same hit feedback as TLOUII
also i want a confirmation that the combat will basically be the same as in the sequel, i know druckmann talked about improved AI but that's still a little vague to me.

The lack of actually new content is really off-putting. No new areas, no new characters. Like a director's cut I'd approve of. But the PS4 version already looks great and at this point I know the story to a T. New shiny graphics are nice but they don't make a game. I don't think it's aimed at people like me. Pretty much it's there to sell PS5 copies to people who didn't play the games thus far but will be drawn into the series by the television adaptation.

ANIMAL1975

I want a Killzone2 remake like water in the desert, and Sony makes a second last of us remaster _ life sucks and it's unfair.
But lol at some comments, life doesn't revolve around you, it's obvious that every day (not to say every hour) somewhere in the planet earth, there's going to be someone buying a Playstation for the first time that never played the last of us. Dudes...

Arachnid

The lack of actually new content is really off-putting. No new areas, no new characters. Like a director's cut I'd approve of. But the PS4 version already looks great and at this point I know the story to a T. New shiny graphics are nice but they don't make a game. I don't think it's aimed at people like me. Pretty much it's there to sell PS5 copies to people who didn't play the games thus far but will be drawn into the series by the television adaptation.
On top of that, no factions.

People are legit paying more than the price of the original game, for the third iteration of it (not even a decade since the original), and less content than before. Gamers legit do this to themselves lol

Last edited:
Anyone who paid 100 for this is a retard lmao
Wtf dude. Let people live. No one is forcing anyone to buy the game.

This game is on the list of the best games ever by a lot of people so I'm sure plenty of them will want the physical edition for it.

You got people paying more for every generic Assassin's Creed complete editions every year... I'm sure this one is allowed too

Top Bottom