• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 1 - PlayStation 5 - The Digital Foundry Tech Review

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Agreed. The game looks slightly better than Part 2. However, definitely not a generational leap. Which is understandable as this game was more a of a side project given to a B team (https://gamingbolt.com/the-last-of-us-remake-is-reportedly-in-development-at-naughty-dog) initially.

I have no doubt Naughty Dog will release something current gen worthy before this generation closes out.

The thing that I wish they changed or gave the option to change is what Joel looks like, I wish you could use the hair style and clothing from Joel in TLOU2. Because he looks like joel from tlou1 it looks like tlou1, its hard to explain

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Joel and the other supporting characters definitely look aged in the remake.
Its more the clothing and his hair style, i dont want the signiture tlou look.
Also probably his moving animation could of done with a bit change.

But thats my only little gripes.

FUBARx89

The thing that I wish they changed or gave the option to change is what Joel looks like, I wish you could use the hair style and clothing from Joel in TLOU2. Because he looks like joel from tlou1 it looks like tlou1, its hard to explain.

You can. TLOU2 skin is in the game. Not sure if it only appears in the unlockables after finishing the game, but it's there same with Ellies clothes

TrebleShot

Playing in fidelity mode VRR so it does smooth out in less intense scenes but pretty disappointed there isn’t DRS in 2022 on this engine.

Perhaps the code doesn’t support it cos you have a similar situation on U4.

The FPS drops is not a CPU issue. Also, hardware is pretty much finalized with some exceptions like a year before release. Zen 3 is not some huge upgrade over Zen 2 at the same clock speeds for gaming and likely wouldn't have been worth the added cost to the consumer. Microsoft uses Zen2 as well.
And i levy the same criticism towards Microsoft. Zen 3 in gaming has shown major performance gains especially with rt in use

Top Bottom