• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 1's PC port is launching "very soon" after the PS5 version

fermcr

d46b8aaeda639b21852cbc12837243f23f44eb40-scaled-251a.webp

"The Last of Us Part 1 should launch on PC “very soon” after the PS5 version, according to a developer involved with the remake.
Over the past weekend, senior environment texture artist Jonathan Benaino responded to a fan congratulating Naughty Dog on bringing The Last of Us Part 1 to PC and PS5. Writing back to the eager fan, Benaino revealed that the remake would be coming to PC “very soon after the PS5 release,” which is currently scheduled for September 2..."

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last...is-launching-very-soon-after-the-ps5-version/

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Neil Druckmann said on stage when game was "revealed" that it's coming to PC "shortly after" the PS5 release. This is old news.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So not Day one because they dont want to upset the PS audience, but day 2.

Classic Herman:
But I want to emphasize that PlayStation will remain the best place to play our PlayStation Studios titles at launch. But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. Bend Studio just released the PC version of Days Gone on May 18. So that’s about two years after the PS4 release.

Says PS5 will be the best place to play our games at launch then gives an example of Days Gone which was 2 years after launch. Now we have cut that down to days if not weeks after launch. Soon, it will be 1 hour after launch time.

For years, Ive been told by posters here that games wont come out for 2 years when it was obvious that Sony's goal was to launch concurrently to maximize profits. Just like Microsoft, Ubisoft, Activision, EA etc. Protip: Dont listen to suits next time.

Topher

Gold Member
Awesome. I'll be playing on PS5 to get that Platinum, but nice to know PC gamers won't have to wait long.

So not Day one because they dont want to upset the PS audience, but day 2.

Classic Herman:

Says PS5 will be the best place to play our games at launch then gives an example of Days Gone which was 2 years after launch. Now we have cut that down to days if not weeks after launch. Soon, it will be 1 hour after launch time.

For years, Ive been told by posters here that games wont come out for 2 years when it was obvious that Sony's goal was to launch concurrently to maximize profits. Just like Microsoft, Ubisoft, Activision, EA etc. Protip: Dont listen to suits next time.
That’s hilarious. Of course it will be the best place to play at launch, because it’s the only fucking platform the game is available on. Once it hits PC, that’s where it will play best.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I want to hear about LAST OF US 3, these remakes, and part 1, 2 of the first game feel like empty calories and reflects to what the gaming world is today, the odds of a last of us 1 part 2, 3, and last of us 2 part 1, 2 and 3 trailers emerging are more possible than a FREAKING LAST OF US 3 TRAILER.

I want to hear about LAST OF US 3, these remakes, and part 1, 2 of the first game feel like empty calories and reflects to what the gaming world is today, the odds of a last of us 1 part 2, 3, and last of us 2 part 1, 2 and 3 trailers emerging are more possible than a FREAKING LAST OF US 3 TRAILER.
Get the platinum in Part II before you ask about another sequel.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Why?. They ended the "cycle of violence" 😆.

Next thing is Factions.

bitbydeath

Yup, 5 Playstation games slated for release on PC for the rest of this year. An average of 1 per month.
They’ve already had a show dating the content releasing this year, only the two Spider-Man games were on it. The other two games won’t come out until next year, not sure what 5th game you meant as what you quoted had four listed.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If this comes out this year it would be a hell of a surprise.

If Nixxes is working on Uncharted and they make a better port than Naughty Dog make for their own game they should be ashamed.
We expect Nixxes quality ports from Sony from now on.
DLSS/DLAA/RTAO/NVSurround/FSR/DSR every damn letter of the alphabet motherfucker!

I might glide through this whole generation with nothing but a PC and a Series S.....for shame.
I can wait for PS5 exclusives and the Series S is a Gamepass box for my living room when my nephew/nieces come over....or me when I just feel like chilling no lie.

Smiggs

OMG I will actually be able to play this on a difficulty other than easy, then. Aiming with a controller is tough for me.

GreatnessRD

It will definitely be less than 70 earth credits on pc
I dunno. Square Anus and Asstivision snuck $69.99 on Final Fantasy 7 and MW2. Won't be long before Sony and everyone else follows suit if stuff continue to sell well. With that said, if TLOU PC port looks good, I may bite. I've never played the games. Seen pieces of it played, but never played them myself.

Midn1ght

Suspicious Will Ferrell GIF

Are they really gonna drop Spiderman Remaster, Miles Morales, Uncharted and The last of Us all before end of FY22?

I don’t know...

If this comes out this year it would be a hell of a surprise.

If Nixxes is working on Uncharted and they make a better port than Naughty Dog make for their own game they should be ashamed.
We expect Nixxes quality ports from Sony from now on.
DLSS/DLAA/RTAO/NVSurround/FSR/DSR every damn letter of the alphabet motherfucker!

I might glide through this whole generation with nothing but a PC and a Series S.....for shame.
I can wait for PS5 exclusives and the Series S is a Gamepass box for my living room when my nephew/nieces come over....or me when I just feel like chilling no lie.
Do you have a switch

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Do you have a switch
My sister who barely plays games has a Switch she got at launch for reasons unknown.
Ive "borrowed" it for days at a time without her even noticing.
There arent too many games that could entice me to make the full pledge to actually buying one.
Bayonetta 3 might have me kidnapping that Switch long term.

I do have a PC though hint hint

My sister who barely plays games has a Switch she got at launch for reasons unknown.
Ive "borrowed" it for days at a time without her even noticing.
There arent too many games that could entice me to make the full pledge to actually buying one.
Bayonetta 3 might have me kidnapping that Switch long term.

I do have a PC though hint hint
I’d wait for the switch 2 if you have any interest in the platform at this point

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Suspicious Will Ferrell GIF

Are they really gonna drop Spiderman Remaster, Miles Morales, Uncharted and The last of Us all before end of FY22?

I don’t know...
Their forecast for PC revenue suggested they are expecting $300 million for the next fiscal year after posting $80 million last year when they launched GOW and Days Gone which both made them around $28 million in revenue each.

So expect way more than just 4 ports. Returnal and Sackboy screenshots have already been leaked so thats 6. HFW might be out by Februrary 2023 as well.

Shifty

I'll believe it as soon as they show that selfsame degree of confidence re. PC release schedule in the front-facing marketing.

"Also in development for your second-class platform" makes it sound like the usual months-to-years kind of deal.

Last edited:
I dunno. Square Anus and Asstivision snuck $69.99 on Final Fantasy 7 and MW2. Won't be long before Sony and everyone else follows suit if stuff continue to sell well. With that said, if TLOU PC port looks good, I may bite. I've never played the games. Seen pieces of it played, but never played them myself.
Wait, if those games sell well, whose fault is the price tag lol? Clearly, customers value these games at $70 (at least at launch). Why would companies leave money on the table? I sure wouldn't. Just wait for a discount if you don't value the game at 70 bucks, it ain't that hard.

GreatnessRD

Wait, if those games sell well, whose fault is the price tag lol? Clearly, customers value these games at $70 (at least at launch). Why would companies leave money on the table? I sure wouldn't. Just wait for a discount if you don't value the game at 70 bucks, it ain't that hard.
Never said any company should leave money on the table. Don't know where you got that out of my post. Just stated it won't be long before everyone follows suit with the $70 price on PC. Also, I personally do wait for discount. I don't think anything in this era of gaming is worth $60, let alone $70. I can't even remember the last time I paid full price for a game. Maybe Gran Turismo Sport on launch.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It might be a 2023 thing.

Spiderman Remastered and MM are coming. And UC4/LL(?) too, although oddly that game still doesn't have a release date. If UC4/LL makes it into 2022, I think Sony releases LOU in 2023. Spread them out.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I honestly don't understand why they don't just release it at the same time.

Their games sell decently on PC as well. It's just extra sales.

Never said any company should leave money on the table. Don't know where you got that out of my post. Just stated it won't be long before everyone follows suit with the $70 price on PC. Also, I personally do wait for discount. I don't think anything in this era of gaming is worth $60, let alone $70. I can't even remember the last time I paid full price for a game. Maybe Gran Turismo Sport on launch.
Most good games at $200 would be better value than any restaurant or theater visit in my book. 🤷‍♂️ Eating out costs 20-30€ for what I perceive to be a very fleeting enjoyment. Although to be fair, there's cheap competition available in gaming, whereas it's hard to find a restaurant where you spend less than 20€ for drinks + food.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No game is worth full price $70 ($90 in Canada). Especially when deals for Xbox, PS and PC go on sale so fast and deep.

Only times I think it's worth it is if someone is a Nintendo gamer and discounts barely come, or you split a game home sharing with a friend, or it's a game designed to be best at launch before it fades away as next year's game takes over (FPS like COD or sports online league play). Nobody who is a hardcore MP gamer wants to be the Christmas noob.

Top Bottom