• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 1's PC port is launching "very soon" after the PS5 version

I'm not that surprised. In fact i'll bet money that this remake IS the PC version. What i mean is it was remade for the PC market primarily, and they did a PS5 version too.
If this wasnt coming to PC, a remake probably wouldnt of happened imo.

So they delayed the PC version on purpose?

Stuart360

Gold Member
So they delayed the PC version on purpose?
No just got to keep the Sony fans happy.
Have you ever wondered why PC is getting Uncharted 4 and the expansion game, but isnt getting Uncharted 1-3 (annoyingly as i would play the shit out of those)?. What do uncharted 1-3 and TLOU have in common?, they are primarily PS3 games.
All the games Sony have released on PC so far are PS4 games, and soon to be PS5 games. It seems for some weird reason that Sony thinks PS3 games wont sell on PC. Not unless they are remade/remastered like this one.

Just because the game is launching first on Sony's flagship device, it doesnt mean said game wasnt greenlit for PC primarily.

Last edited:
Have you ever wondered why PC is getting Uncharted 4 and the expansion game, but isnt getting Uncharted 1-3 (annoyingly as i would play the shit out of those)?. What do uncharted 1-3 and TLOU have in common?, they are primarily PS3 games.
All the games Sony have released on PC so far are PS4 games, and soon to be PS5 games. It seems for some weird reason that Sony thinks PS3 games wont sell on PC. Not unless they are remade/remastered like this one.

Just because the game is launching first on Sony's flagship device, it doesnt mean said game wasnt greenlit for PC primarily.

It really just seems like a porting effort more than trying to keep fanboys happy with a timed exclusive.

Comeon now MC, you know for a fact we would of had 4 or 5 meltdown threads on here already if the game was launching day and date on both PC and PS5. You know that.

Like Sony pays attention to the meltdown threads and they delayed the PC version to keep fanboys happy.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

If the PC version is delayed it just means it isn’t ready yet.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I honestly don't understand why they don't just release it at the same time.

Their games sell decently on PC as well. It's just extra sales.
The porting process doesn’t start until after the game goes gold, and then add X time onto that to get it released, anywhere up to two years I’d imagine.

As an example, Spider-Man: MM is coming up on two years now since it had released.

Stuart360

Gold Member
Like Sony pays attention to the meltdown threads and they delayed the PC version to keep fanboys happy.

If the PC version is delayed it just means it isn’t ready yet.
They are not delaying the PC version, they are just releasing on PS5 first. Its simple.
It will be another couple of years or so before we start getting day and date PC and PS5 releases.

Because that way their teams are 100% focused on each game's main version: the PlayStation 5 and then an external studio takes care of the port. Seems much better than having these already sort of small studios working on god knows how many versions of each game.

They are not delaying the PC version, they are just releasing on PS5 first. Its simple.
It will be another couple of years or so before we start getting day and date PC and PS5 releases.

But you said they started making the game on PC first but then they decided to release the PS5 version first due to fanboys on the internet.

Please if the PC version is already done and they release it later that’s an intentional delay of the games release on that platform.

EDMIX

How long until someone mods in the TLOU2 improvements?

Fucking seriously lol

It would be hard as fuck though.

1. The Last Of Us 2 is not on PC yet
2.The engine in that game might be hard for someone to work something out like prone or something.

I'm hype regardless to see what they do and if they pull it off...yo boy might dead ass look to get the PC version before the PS5 version lol We'll see.

Stuart360 Stuart360 Who knows, its really hard to say for a few reasons. They remade games before every putting much on PC, ie Medievil, SoTC, Demon Souls, Ratchet and Clank etc So I think putting it on PC is part of the reason for the remake, but I think even if they never put titles on PC, you'd still see a remake as them remaking games was happening before their push to PC. So I think it factored, but not to the degree of it only existing for a PC port as this isn't Sony's first remake.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

They have to because the API’s/coding languages are different.
It’s the same situation MS was in before they started using DirectX on Xbox. They couldn’t release at the same time then either.

Stuart360

Gold Member
But you said they started making the game on PC first but then they decided to release the PS5 version first due to fanboys on the internet.

Please if the PC version is already done and they release it later that’s an intentional delay of the games release on that platform.
I didnt say that actually, i said the game was probably greenlit for PC primarily, and they did a PS5 version too.
Again just answer why Uncharted 1-3 arent coming to PC but Uncharted 4 is?. I mean dont be surprised if Uncharted 1-3 get remake annouincements, that also will just happen to come to PC.
Fact is Sony have their own device to sell, and TLOU Remake is releasing their first. I would still bet money that this was greenlit because of PC though.

Last edited:
I didnt say that actually, i said the game was probably greenlit for PC primarily, and they did a PS5 version too.
Again just answer why Uncharted 1-3 arent coming to PC but Uncharted 4 is?. I mean dont be surprised if Uncharted 1-3 get remake annouincements, that also will just happen to come to PC.
Fact is Sony have their own device to sell, and TLOU Remake is releasing their first. I would still bet money that this was greenlit because of PC though.

Just seems like they started on the PS5 version first which is why the PC version is coming later. If they were building it for PC and then just ported it to the PS5 they would come out at the same time or with the PS5 version coming later.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Read up on the story behind the game. It was greenlit as a audition game for a small support studio under Sony. Then when Herman came on, he was like this looks like shit. Then there was an exodus and ND took over.

It no doubt started off as a PS4 game before Herman and Jimbo even started in their roles. The decision to make it a PC release must have come around the time Jimbo started porting HZD, GOW and Days Gone. So relatively early on in the development which is why its getting a near simultaneous release.

In short, you are probably right they are artificially delaying it by weeks to keep sony fans happy but it was also not made for PC. Herman didnt even want to make this game because it looked like shit compared to other remakes like Demon Souls and the only reason it survived is because ND had nothing to work on after shipping TLOU2 and they chose to work on this.

Stuart360

Gold Member
Just seems like they started on the PS5 version first which is why the PC version is coming later. If they were building it for PC and then just ported it to the PS5 they would come out at the same time or with the PS5 version coming later.
But i'm not saying it was built for PC first and ported to PS5, i'm not talking about anything to do with the actual development of the game. I'm just saying that IMO the game was greenlit, and exists, because of primarily the PC. How they then went on to develop the game, and decide release dates, well thats up to Sony.

Thaedolus

There are all sorts of business considerations that would come into play with a release schedule which would completely trump any order of development.

Midn1ght

Their forecast for PC revenue suggested they are expecting $300 million for the next fiscal year after posting $80 million last year when they launched GOW and Days Gone which both made them around $28 million in revenue each.

So expect way more than just 4 ports. Returnal and Sackboy screenshots have already been leaked so thats 6. HFW might be out by Februrary 2023 as well.
That would be insane if true but I don’t know if releasing a game every month on PC is the best course of action.

300 million from GOW, Uncharted and Spiderman is optimistic for sure but not totally impossible.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Coming Soon GIF by ideekreativ

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They’ve already had a show dating the content releasing this year, only the two Spider-Man games were on it. The other two games won’t come out until next year, not sure what 5th game you meant as what you quoted had four listed.

2 Uncharted games 2 Spider-Man games 1 TLOU game

Top Bottom