• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us Part 2 has sold over 10 million units earlier this year according to Neil Druckmann | Factions 2 is now a standalone multiplayer game

Draugoth

Gold Member
MORE NEWS NEXT YEAR

FU1cOR_XwA86DOa

Standalone Multiplayer

It’s no secret that many of you are not only drawn to The Last of Us’ stories but also the game’s original Factions multiplayer. Since The Last of Us Factions’ release almost a decade ago, dedicated players have been vocal about an expansion upon that offering.

However, we can finally announce that we’re creating something much larger than a mode. We’re thrilled to share a piece of concept art from our upcoming multiplayer experience, which is an extremely ambitious undertaking. We’re growing our studio significantly to ensure we build this full-scale, standalone game, with its massive scope and immense world, in a way that fans have come to expect from The Last of Us and Naughty Dog.

We aim to make our newest entry into multiplayer inviting to new players while still a thrilling challenge for more of our seasoned fans. There will be more news to come next year, and we cannot wait to introduce you to the team behind this new experience!

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
10 million is nuts. Cant believe people were trying to downplay the sales of this game after it sold 4 million in three days.

I cant believe they still arent ready to show off Factions. It's pretty shocking really. Revealing games with concept art is something else.

Nautilus

Banned
I mean, 10 million itself is an excellent number(it IS a big number) but it certainly feels like, considering Sony's expectations and how the price of the game PLUMMETED only 6 months after the game's release, that it certainly failed to meet expectations.

Hopefully Sony sees this and takes a hard look at what they did wrong with TLOU 2. Because I would bet at least half of those 10 million units were sold at launch, when nobody knew how trash the game was.

Spitfire098

I mean, 10 million itself is an excellent number(it IS a big number) but it certainly feels like, considering Sony's expectations and how the price of the game PLUMMETED only 6 months after the game's release, that it certainly failed to meet expectations.

Hopefully Sony sees this and takes a hard look at what they did wrong with TLOU 2. Because I would bet at least half of those 10 million units were sold at launch, when nobody knew how trash the game was.
33d.gif

Swift_Star

Banned
It's going to be fun watching people move the goalpost now that they announced the sales figures.
It didn't take long.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So how long has factions been on development? Like 6 years or 7 years?

Amazing sales for part 2 it will fly with even more once this all comes to pc.

Ellery

How does Naughty Dog even pull this off. Their track record and release intervalls are mind blowing

Kinda excited to see the MP game though I am not a huge multiplayer fan recently. Will see more as we go closer to the release.

Nautilus

Banned
I guess that confirms it then, Factions Multiplayer wont be a 2022 Holiday experience as many had hoped. Also, by making this a standalone title does that mean they can charge $70 for it? I really hope not.
Probably. I think the whole reason they decided to detach Factions from TLOU 2 is to recoup the costs they had with the main game, as that probably wasn't as profitable as Sony wanted.

Bartski

Gold Member
bad news is we're not seeing anything about Factions 2 it this year, still, this is the first official confirmation of what the project is and who is running it - all rumors correct btw, people behind Uncharted4 and Factions directing

Last edited:
Top Bottom