• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |PC OT| Losing our minds in Ultrawide

Midn1ght

MwFcYnS.jpg

MILb0yl.png

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters in The Last of Us™, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards.
In a ravaged civilization, where infected and hardened survivors run rampant, Joel, a weary protagonist, is hired to smuggle 14-year-old Ellie out of a military quarantine zone. However, what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal cross-country journey.

Release Date
March 28th, 2023​

Built for PC​

The Last of Us Part I PC release brings with it plenty of PC features to bring Joel and Ellie’s tense and unforgettable journey to life. This version of The Last of Us Part I is optimized for PC with PC-centric quality-of-life enhancements. Part I will feature AMD FSR 2.2 support*, Nvidia DLSS Super Resolution support*, VSync and frame rate cap options, and a host of features designed specifically for PC, including adjustable Texture Quality, Shadows, Reflections, Ambient Occlusion, and more.

Through the experiences of Joel and Ellie, PC players can fully immerse themselves in beautiful yet haunting environments in stunning detail with true 4K resolutions**. From the harsh, oppressive streets of the Boston QZ to the overgrown and abandoned homes of Bill’s Town to so much more, embark on a beautiful journey across the United States of America with Ultra-Wide Monitor Support for both 21:9 Ultrawide and 32:9 Super Ultrawide aspect ratios.

Experience all these locations, stealthily sneaking through abandoned homes and cities (and picking their drawers and cabinets clean looking for supplies) or engage in tense, captivating action with 3D audio support to better hear the rustle of leaves, the crack of glass, or the footfalls of enemies trying to ambush you***.

qtFiara.jpg

ofenzw3.png

METACRITIC
DIGITAL FOUNDRY

giLVsvm.png

HszG9of.png

AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution 2

Supercharge your framerates and fight for survival as Joel and Ellie with next-level temporal upscaling technology from AMD. FSR 2 uses cutting-edge algorithms to boost your framerates and deliver high-quality, high-resolution game experiences in The Last of Us Part I across a wide range of compatible graphics cards.

hegse1C.jpg

VALVE_-_L4D_1_WM_616px.png

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Definitely tempted to pick it up again on deep discount somewhere down the line. Those Ultra specs are wild, it has to look bloody spectacular.

Calverz

Ready to go.
But where is the previews/reviews?? Also that last trailer Sony released, stating unlocked frame rates didn’t look very smooth…..it will be interesting to see how this runs tomorrow because it’s being ported by ND internal and not nixxes. They are busy porting ratchet.

Interested to know about the 32GB RAM requirement and what real benchmarks look like. I’ve been considering upgrading RAM for a while from 16GB so this should be a good indicator.

11 year old game… not this again
Yeah, let's not be silly. It's a 9 year old game (almost 10).

Dude.... c'mon, it aint £50 if you know where to look
5 seconds of searching I can find it for £34.

Development of The Last of Us began in 2009 so technically it's a 14 years old game and it should be free.

Conan Obrien This Is Unacceptable GIF by Team Coco
Neil Druckmann was born in 1978 so technically it's a 44 year old game!

Last edited:
£34 is a bit too much for me. Already bought the game on PS3 and again on PS4.

Hopefully Epic give it away for free at some point. If not then I'll wait for it to go down to <£15.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm not quadruple dipping, I swear. Unless it's heavy discounted.

I'm ignoring the fact that RE4 and this exist until next year. I will add them (again in the case of RE4) to my PC library but there's no need to at near full prices.

People experiencing these for the first time now though are in for a treat.

Last edited:
Day one, steam gonna explode tomorrow
The game is #2 on Steam WW, behind RE4 Remake on the day before its release.

This may not even break Spider-Man's players even with the TV show hype.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, just so i can post the "no one asked for this remake" meme one more time though.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
If I had a processor and RAM to meet the ultra spec I’d be in, but since I don’t and I’m busy with RE4, I’ll wait a bit until I do

The PS5 version is one of, if not the best, looking games ever made

Last edited:
Love to try this.

But 50 pound, for an 11 year old game.

Yeah, no.
It's a 5 month old Remake of an 11 year old game, a very good one. I would understand your comment if it were the initial Remaster that's getting released, but honestly you're grasping at straws here.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Love to try this.

But 50 pound, for an 11 year old game.

Yeah, no.
I dont disagree with you, the rrp price is funny, but when PC folk pay £1200+ for a graphics card then shout about overpriced console ports is just comedy in itself.

Could have paid £500 and played a version of the same game that plays just as well

It's partly the reason I find console ports just shit, really, and not really something to get all that excited about.

Homeworld 3 on the other hand. Cant wait, a true PC game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I dont disagree with you, the rrp price is funny, but when PC folk pay £1200+ for a graphics card then shout about overpriced console ports is just comedy in itself.

Could have paid £500 and played a version of the same game that plays just as well

It's partly the reason I find console ports just shit, really, and not really something to get all that excited about.

Homeworld 3 on the other hand. Cant wait, a true PC game.

Post history shows he’s a PS5 user that didn’t like the first game.

Edder1

$60?

zj4XCUo.gif

I could pick up remaster for £5 and get exactly the same experience. How people paid £70 for this is just beyond me.

Last edited:

Rea

Because it's a shitty cash grab rip-off garbage way more than tlou remake?!
Hmm not really, i don't think they are the same , one has revamped gameplay system and visual graphics are totally overhauled and the story is abit different,(still abit overpriced). The other recycled assets from TLOU2 with increased resolution. And the game already has Remastered. So which one is better? I think FF7 remake slightly better because i much prefer the combat system especially on
"hard mode."

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I could pick up remaster for £5 and get exactly the same experience.

I'm not paying full price either but this isn't true. Moving and shooting overhauled, AI is better, some level design changed, other tweaks like the bow. Again, maybe not worth what they're charging at face value, but more than a facelift.

GymWolf

Hmm not really, i don't think they are the same , one has revamped gameplay system and visual graphics are totally overhauled and the story is abit different,(still abit overpriced). The other recycled assets from TLOU2 with increased resolution. And the game already has Remastered. So which one is better? I think FF7 remake slightly better because i much prefer the combat system especially on
"hard mode."
I hate both remakes tbh, tlou for not changing enough, ff7 for changing too much.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Rea

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
hmmm $42 for this on cdkeys.

Thats $2 more than what I think they shouldve priced it at. Especially considering just incredible the RE4 remake is.

Curious to see how it runs on my 3080. Hilarious to see them suggest that a freaking 2080 Ti is going to run this at PS5 settings. Looks like another Uncharted Collection situation.

Edder1

I'm not paying full price either but this isn't true. Moving and shooting overhauled, AI is better, some level design changed, other tweaks like the bow. Again, maybe not worth what they're charging at face value, but more than a facelift.
Those changes are minor and should not warrant anything more than a $5 or $10 max as DLC. Add to that visual overhaul and I'll give you $30. I can even understand £40, but asking $60 or $70 is downright criminal.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Those changes are minor and should not warrant anything more than a $5 or $10 max as DLC. Add to tha visual overhaul and I'll give you $30. I can even understand £40, but asking $60 or $70 is downright criminal.

How do you expect this to be sold as $5-$10 DLC on PC??

Klik

Those who never played it are in for a big treat. I played it on PS3, PS4 and PS5. Amazing game that comes once in decade.

Can't wait to play it with mouse & keyboard on PC..

Top Bottom