• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |PC OT| Losing our minds in Ultrawide

this will have 20k concurrent players on steam, 25k tops. its gonna do better than uncharted but wont do better than miles morales and the decline will keep going until sony releases a good game on PC.

Imo The real reason Sony ports are no longer doing well is not because they aren't good games it's because they put feck all effort into them and marketing them etc.

All the initial releases on PC had hype because Sony had finally started putting games on PC. Ever since then they stopped doing any real marketing or things to put these releases in the public eye.

Last edited:

MikeM

Dividing in three parts, changing the combat and ruining the story, the definition of what a remake should not do.
Don’t play it then. As a die hard FFVII lover, I really like where they are going with it. If I want to play the OG, I know where to get it.

GymWolf

Don’t play it then. As a die hard FFVII lover, I really like where they are going with it. If I want to play the OG, I know where to get it.
I'm not, my ass still burn for the first game because i wanted to go against all my instincts but i didn't bought intergrade nor i'm gonna buy the sequels of this travesty.

Puscifer

I'm more curious about anyone with a 4080 if 4K 60 is really all I can expect when I'm playing RE4 with Ray Tracing @ 4K around 90fps max (the RE engine is amazing), something seriously seems off.

EDIT: Depending on how I feel I'll probably provide my own tonight.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Bruce Buffer Fighting GIF by UFC

VALVE_-_L4D_1_WM_616px.png

VALVE_-_Portal_WM_616px.png

Valve and Sony
I Love You Bunny GIF by rabbittobi

Midn1ght

From Naughty Dog Statement:
So, where will the next Naughty Dog development adventure take us? Rest assured, PlayStation and PC players, we’re already looking forward to sharing more, whether you prefer a DualSense controller or a keyboard and mouse. Developing for both platforms empowers us to incorporate lessons learned from either into the overall design of our games. Sharing our stories and experiences on PS5 as well as PC is something that Naughty Dog has embraced and will continue to support moving forward.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Last edited:
this will have 20k concurrent players on steam, 25k tops. its gonna do better than uncharted but wont do better than miles morales and the decline will keep going until sony releases a good game on PC.
It has already surpassed 10k, and it was released in less than an hour ago

ClosBSAS

It has already surpassed 10k, and it was released in less than an hour ago
lol thats nothing, weve seen games reach 250k in less than 20 minutes. surprsingly its gonna hit 30k apparently, so good for them, but it wont get past the 40k, which is decent still.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
game will perfectly run on 16 gb. heck, I can make this thing work at rock solid 40 FPS on 8 gb ram budget

and no, you don't need a 1500 bucks PC. a 350 bucks 6700xt will match or outpace a PS5 easily and you can easily build a 800-900 bucks pc with a 6700xt/5600x/12400 in it

here's spiderman miles morales running at 1440p high locked 45 fps with high %1 lows;

(requirements claim you need 16 gb ram for 1080p medium and 8 gb ram for 720p/lowest possible settings)

I really lost faith in PC gaming because all I see these days are overpriced RGB peripherals etc. Back in late 90s, early 2000s I remember building PCs with my friend from scrap (parts from older computers or parts other people throwing away) or buying cheap peripherals, we could really play anything we wanted without giving a ton of money. Maybe I am boomer, who knows.

24k concurrent players and considering the it's early morning on a Tuesday in the US and work/school are only just finishing up in the EU that's fairly good so far.

Looks to be doing pretty good on Steam.
How many hours do we reckon until peak numbers?

It's 5pm or 6pm in Europe now depending on where people are so most will only be getting in from school and work now.

And obviously it's earlier in the US so people still in school and work.

Probably 4-5 hours from now will be peak for today?

RickSanchez

Gold Member
In case some one has an older rig (10XX or a lower 20XX card), please tell me about your performance.

I want to know how my 1080Ti will handle it. Most Sony ports so far have been fine. Returnal ran quite well at 1440p, mid-high settings, almost steady 60 fps. Hoping this will be the same.

It's currently over 28k so it has surpassed Days Gone. Next one to beat is Horizon at 56k.
kFaUF0S.jpg

Might be a tough ask. Seems Sony games dropped off a cliff on PC after initial hype.

If it got to 50-60k that would probably be fairly good all things considered.

Then again peak numbers don't actually tell a lot of the story either. Horizon is apparently the best selling PS game on PC and he'll Days gone has sold similarly to God of War. And then there is Miles Morales which didn't do great really.

PC sales are fairly random in comparison to their sales on playstation. The better selling games on PlayStation aren't always the better selling games on PC

Last edited:

Puscifer

Might be a tough ask. Seems Sony games dropped off a cliff on PC after initial hype.

If it got to 60k that would probably be fairly good all things considered.

Then again peak numbers don't actually tell a lot of the story either. Horizon is apparently the best selling PS game on PC and he'll Days gone has sold similarly to God of War. And then there is Miles Morales which didn't do great really.

PC sales are fairly random in comparison to their sales on playstation. The better selling games on PlayStation aren't always the better selling games on PC
If it weren't for the fact I got it for 40 dollars on CD keys I would've passed, just like returnal. I might just bounce from work and finish my day at home just to install it lol

Midn1ght

If it got to 60k that would probably be fairly good all things considered.

Last time they shared information, God of war number was, indeed, similar to Days Gone but that was 3 months worth of sale for GOW vs 12 months for Days Gone I believe, I think GOW sold way more since that, specially during Ragnarok hype.

I also think that Spiderman Remastered is one of their best selling port so far, could be close to Horizon.

But yeah, Concurrent Players at launch doesn't tell the whole story I agree.

Thebonehead

Banned
Few issues so far:
  • Takes about 1 minute to load into the level on a 6500MBS Read ssd
  • Something feels off with the camera panning. Seems stuttery despite running at around 100fps with no frametime spikes.
  • Game has also crashed 3 times already in first 10 minutes

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Shaders are taking forever to install. Im at 8% after 10 minutes on an 11700kf. CPU is 100% running at 4.8 GHz and pulling 180 watts. Hovering around 80 degrees.

Gonna get lunch because this is gonna be a while. Getting 35 FPS on a 3080 at native 4k default settings on the menu. Really hope this isnt indicative of actual in game performance.

john2gr

Anyone else notice stutters when simply panning the camera with the mouse?

Yeap, the game has the exact same mouse camera panning stutters that are present in the UNCHARTED Collection. Not surprising as Iron Galaxy is responsible for both games (even though Naughty Dog tried to hide its partnership with them).

Thebonehead

Banned
Yeap, the game has the exact same mouse camera panning stutters that are present in the UNCHARTED Collection. Not surprising as Iron Galaxy is responsible for both games (even though Naughty Dog tried to hide its partnership with them).
Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

I'm dipping out now as far too distracting, Did they ever fix for the UC collection?

Last edited:

john2gr

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

I'm dipping out now as far too distracting, Did they ever fix for the UC collection?

Nope. After all, they (Iron Galaxy) completely dropped support for UNCHARTED Collection (and now we know why, they've been working on TLOU Part I). Since this is a new release, though, they might fix it for TLOU.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

The game is getting mixed review right now, lots of performance issue and crashes. Not good.
Sony has fixed all of their games so far so I have no doubt it will be patched in no time but damn, would be nice to have a clean launch for once.

48G6sTj.png

EoZ0ipG.png

TrebleShot

Just been on it for the intro section and well yeah stutters every few seconds. IQ is incredible and frames are around 60-75 native 4k on a 4090.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
The game is getting mixed review right now, lots of performance issue and crashes. Not good.
Sony has fixed all of their games so far so I have no doubt it will be patched in no time but damn, would be nice to have a clean launch for once.

48G6sTj.png

EoZ0ipG.png

No wonder the press didn't get an early copy then.

Needlecrash

48G6sTj.png

EoZ0ipG.png
Iron Galaxy did the port. NO SURPRISE. :(

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Those shaders, whew. It took like 20 minutes on my rig:
7900X3D
64GB DDR5
RTX4090

And yeah I too had during that time 100% on CPU, which means it was well parallelized, but there is a lot of them there.

Gamezone

Gold Member
How many hours do we reckon until peak numbers?

It's 5pm or 6pm in Europe now depending on where people are so most will only be getting in from school and work now.

And obviously it's earlier in the US so people still in school and work.

Probably 4-5 hours from now will be peak for today?

I don't know, but games usually peaks much higher when released just before the weekend. This game wasn't.

Fools idol

Banned
christ, played for 5 mins and crashed my entire pc forcing a hard reboot.

loaded up again, crashed on the menu.

Loading up one more time and got around 10 minutes in before another hard lock.... what in the fuck is going on here. Not what you expect for a port of a heavy hitting PS exclusive title.

Edit - this thing is making my 3090 run hot as shit. Be warned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom