• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |PC OT| Losing our minds in Ultrawide

john2gr

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

a fix for people who bought it. I didnt so cant test.

That's a placebo effect. Just downloaded and deleted my shader cache. Shader compilation took the exact same time to complete. On an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, all CPU cores were at 100% for 15-20 minutes. So no, I can't see any improvements with this older version.

PS: If people were having stability issues during that procedure and they are now fine after a few hours with the new DLL, they should consider other factors. Like their temperatures, and the different times they've tested the game (different ambient/room temperatures can result in different results on PC systems that have stability issues, especially when they are being stressed for more than 15 minutes. Your room temperature will be different at noon and at night).

Last edited:
So far I just got crashed once.
I just start playing as Sarah and the game got crashed.
Stopped at firefly ambushed. So like 20 mins in.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I just want to come here and say what a masterpiece this game's intro still is. A million times better than the tv show. Quick ten minutes emotionally draining incredibly atmospheric intro that sets up the characters and the world in arguably the best cold open ive ever seen. How the show fucked this up is beyond me. Just copy and paste. It's perfect.

And that trek with Tess to Robert is still as boring and lame as I remember. The worst section in the game and even after 8 playthroughs, I hated getting planks and ladders.

Performance wise, its really bad at native 4k on a 3080 high settings. It goes from 55 fps all the way down to low 30s sometimes mid 20s. PS5 does 35-40 fps at native 4k. 3080 is 2x more powerful and yes, im under the 10 GB vram limit.

Then there are crazy stutters that drop to 5-14 fps during gunfights. I will play some RE4 and get back to this later.

Anyone who is saying this looks better than HFW needs to tell me ASAP who their drug dealer is because they are on some good shit. This game only looks next gen in cutscenes.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
My experience so far.

7900XT
Ryzen 7700X
32GB DDR5 6000hz (using almost 20GB)
Windows 10
VRAM is just over 14GB at native and just over 13.5GB in FSR quality.

I’m playing in 1440p, everything defaulted to Ultra settings. Ultra is overkill, so I’ll likely drop some settings down for a higher frame rate.

Opening area was around 100fps
Once I got into town it dropped into the 70s

Opening area with Tess
Native: Mid 80s
FSR Quality: 100fps
Balanced: 102-105fps
Performance: 110fps
Ultra Performance: 120fps

Seems to be running well for me.

drotahorror

Got it running fairly well, all medium/high settings. Textures are all on high, as the difference between medium and high was substantial, not so much on ultra (to me atleast).

1080p, no DLSS.
3060 ti
16gb ram

I have it locked to 60 with a bit of motion blur and playing with controller as mouse/kb is unplayable with the camera judder. The judder is there on controller but not as bad.

Framerate fluctuates from 50-60, mostly 60, but then a bit less in strange areas where it would seem less taxing.

Need to build a new PC.

No crashes in about 2 hours of play? My VRAM is maxed out as well.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Here is a fun one for you guys. My internet went out. Am playing offline mode on steam. Zero crashes, perfect performance lol. After 5 crashes in 3 hours, now, zero in offline mode. Try it

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Is anyone near my specs? i7 7600k and GTX 1080. Just looking to run 1080p/60 with a mix of medium and high.
Almost same here. 1080Ti and i7-7700K. Want to run it at 1440p with mid-high settings. Did the same with Returnal and got a solid 60 fps.

Just waiting for someone to report how it is on a similar system.

But judging by how badly it is performing in general even on higher end systems, we should just wait for a few weeks for it to get patched.

d0r4zzz19jqa1.gif
What's few crashes when you have this lol

MikeM

My experience so far.

7900XT
Ryzen 7700X
32GB DDR5 6000hz (using almost 20GB)
Windows 10
VRAM is just over 14GB at native and just over 13.5GB in FSR quality.

I’m playing in 1440p, everything defaulted to Ultra settings. Ultra is overkill, so I’ll likely drop some settings down for a higher frame rate.

Opening area was around 100fps
Once I got into town it dropped into the 70s

Opening area with Tess
Native: Mid 80s
FSR Quality: 100fps
Balanced: 102-105fps
Performance: 110fps
Ultra Performance: 120fps

Seems to be running well for me.
Good to know as I am a fellow 7900xt owner too. 16gb of RAM tho so gonna see if that matter for science

For anyone on RTX 30 series cards, this driver update fixed the constant crashing for me on my RTX 3080. I did dial back the overclock to stock clocks. Have not yet tested how this will run with the overclock on my card.

Also able to turn most settings up to Ultra playing in ultrawide format without any issues. Game is really stable and running beautifuly. Not a single crash in 3 hours of playing.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries, breaks down more of the weaponry of The Last of Us Part 1, including Joel and Ellie’s hunting rifle, the shotgun, and the makeshift Flamethrower.

0:00 - Opening
0:27 - 9mm Pistol
3:06 - El Diablo
4:52 - Hunting Rifle
6:12 - Pump Shotgun
7:48 - Assault Rifle
10:57 - Flamethrower
13:09 - Ellie's Pistol
14:21 - Military Sniper
16:50 - Ending

• 🧑‍🔬 Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert at the Royal Armouries Museum in the UK, is analyzing the post-apocalyptic arsenal of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us Part One.
  • 🏹 Jonathan is breaking down the guns used in the game and commenting on their realism.
  • 🎮 The first gun shown is a Browning High Power GP35 or compact variant with differences such as the grip shape and a shorter length.
  • 🔫 The recoil control in the game is not great, but the graphics have been bumped up, showing a lot of detail, such as the rifling grooves in the barrel.
  • 📜 The second gun shown is a mystery gun that does not seem to be based on anything real, and it appears homemade or made in a workshop.
  • 🔍 The mystery gun has a frame that looks like it's made out of a U-shaped piece of metal and is break open.
  • 🔫 The third gun shown is a bolt-action rifle based on Remington 700 with electronic trigger and an LED in the stock to show battery power.
  • 🧭 Jonathan is commenting on the design, creative liberties taken, and features of each gun shown in the game.
  • 🎮 The firearms expert comments on the design of the gun held by the game's character, noting that the grip is not a perfect fit in her hand and the fingers appear to clip through the gun slightly.
  • 🔫 The gun being analyzed is an Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Magnum (or something very similar to it) without a thumb hole stock, and missing various parts such as the scope and magazine.
  • 🧰 The gun has a folding stock that presses the catch and falls for transport, and locks into itself. The expert points out that the missing pieces ironically make it look more like the gun in the game.
  • 🔍 There are some differences between the real gun and the one in the game, such as the tiny and straight bolt handle on the game gun compared to the larger, cranked one on the AI.
  • 🇬🇧 The AI is a British military firearms maker, and it's nice to see them represented in the game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Oh yeah that was stupidly annoying on PS5. Did you try to turn off puzzles in accessibility options?

I read online to do that, but it still didn’t work for me. I finally got it positioned just right to trigger the cut scene.
I was stuck on that part for a while 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom