• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I - PS5 - Coming September 2 (PC version in development)

Really? Last of us better than gears?. A Game that established conventions and systems that are still used to this day?

Naughty dog would still be making mascot platformers if not for gears.
the first gears of war came out in late 2006. Uncharted 1 came out one year later. are you telling me Naughty Dog saw Gears and in a single year created a new engine, game mechanics etc because they saw gears of war running? lmao

June 2006, Uncharted announcement video. Most of its elements are there, cover shooter included: and guess what...gears wasn't even out yet

nicoGec

Really? Last of us better than gears?. A Game that established conventions and systems that are still used to this day?

Naughty dog would still be making mascot platformers if not for gears.
Really? Gears of War better than Kill Switch?
KaOOCqO.jpg

I'm extremely interested in this and will probably buy it when discounted. It's not so much i'm involved with the Last of Us circlejerk involved on NeoGAF, but my fondness for post-apocalyptic and dysoptian settings in media.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Really interested to see what it takes to run this native 4k60. Im looking to build a AMD system if I can get my hands on an RX7900 XTX

The Fartist

Gold Member
Ultra should always be for the latest and greatest card! Fuck lazy dev who don’t.
Lazy ass devs are too lazy to change their entire game to suit the most powerful graphics card's capabilities.

You can only make a game look so good to a certain extent before you start fundamentally changing the art direction, geometry, physics, realism, the frickin' engine. At least you get the most frames possible with a 4090, or you can try running it at 8k, should look really cinematic 😂

Top Bottom