• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Everything we need to know has been revealed.

Yeah, I'm sure the developers agree with you on this. And you will find out about the rest in the coming days/weeks and when the game launches. Don't worry, you won't be disappointed my friend:messenger_winking:

That’s funny, considering numerous games look better than this remake (horizon, ratchet, demons souls, etc). I was more impressed with Spider Man miles morales and all that ray tracing as well

You sure about that? Either these are RT reflections in the puddles or the most convincing cubemap reflections I've ever seen. Regardless, it is more impressive and higher quality than Spiderman reflections.

Kdfh5F2.jpg

FiN5wdO.gif

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yeah, I'm sure the developers agree with you on this. And you will find out about the rest in the coming days/weeks and when the game launches. Don't worry, you won't be disappointed my friend:messenger_winking:

You sure about that? Either these are RT reflections in the puddles or the most convincing cubemap reflections I've ever seen. Regardless, it is more impressive and higher quality than Spiderman reflections.

Kdfh5F2.jpg

FiN5wdO.gif

This is nothing we haven't seen before. It was there in The Last of Us Part II, a PS4 game. Naughty Dog pretty much mastered the art of fake reflections.

Very good segment in DF tech review video:

Bankai

FiN5wdO.gif

It's all in screenspace, so don't know why it would be raytracing.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
This is nothing we haven't seen before. It was there in The Last of Us Part II, a PS4 game. Naughty Dog pretty much mastered the art of fake reflections.

Very good segment in DF tech review video:

That's not what's happening here. Like the df video you posted said, cubemaps and SSR was used for water/puddle reflections in TLOU2. The light from the window is being reflected even though the character movement caused the direct light to move offscreen being blocked by a building outside.

It's all in screenspace, so don't know why it would be raytracing.

The sunlight is no longer in screen space when it's being reflected in the puddle.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
That's not what's happening here. Like the df video you posted said, cubemaps and SSR was used for water/puddle reflections in TLOU2. The light from the window is being reflected even though the character movement caused the direct light to move offscreen being blocked by a building outside.

So you're trying to say that there will be ray tracing in the remaster on PS5 day one but somehow they forgot to mention it in a 10+ minutes features breakdown video?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

Kdfh5F2.jpg

FiN5wdO.gif

Judging by how much they have talked about this game, if it had Ray tracing they would be shouting it from the hills.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
So you're trying to say that there will be ray tracing in the remaster on PS5 day one but somehow they forgot to mention it in a 10+ minutes features breakdown video?

Whoa now, don't treat me like ND developers and put words in my mouth 😉. I'm just making an observation that wouldn't be explained by ssr or cubemaps techniques ND used and as we know them to perform in TLOU2.

Judging by how much they have talked about this game, if it had Ray tracing they would be shouting it from the hills.

They had not talked much about the game's tech at all up until recently when they were forced to do so due to excessive leaks.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Whoa now, don't treat me like ND developers and put words in my mouth 😉. I'm just making an observation that wouldn't be explained by ssr or cubemaps techniques ND used and as we know them to perform in TLOU2.

They had not talked much about the game's tech at all up until recently when they were forced to do so due to excessive leaks.

I press big ass X for doubt but it would be great to have ray tracing in this. If not on PS5 then at least on PC. Sony is going HAM with their PC ports including every feature possible so who knows? TLOU is all about realism and while I think that their fake reflections are amazing, you can't beat ray tracing.

GymWolf

Gold Member
"Better" doesn't mean copying TLOU2. The idea that better MM related mechanics won't be present is laughable. You clearly see them capturing new combat animations for the remake in the 10min trailer they gave us. MM is also memory intensive, so no, it will not be worse than TLOU2. You don't like their snail paced marketing tactics and that's ok. Just say you're impatient and want the deets, no need to spread baseless, and frankly illogical, claims.

Again, to assume the trailer is showing you the height of the new tech implementations is crazy thinking. Some experiences are better left as surprises and can really only be appreciated by when playing for yourself.
Yeah i know, usually in an official trailer they show the less impressive part to hype people, classic strategy.

For now we can only judge what we see, if you want to fly with the fantasy, be my guest, for now they showed stuff that was possible on a fucking ps2-ps3.

Happy to be proved wrong dude, september is close.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

I guess it could be a slow build up, and to build up hype they trickle feed us.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Yeah i know, usually in an official trailer they show the less impressive part to hype people, classic strategy.

For now we can onky judge what we see, if you want to fly with the fantasy, be my guest, for now they showed stuff that was possible on a fucking ps2-ps3.

Happy to be proved wrong dude, september is close.

Then you'll be happy, and that's all that matters.

Hugare

Kdfh5F2.jpg
Nah dude, you are embarassing yourself by comparing this to Spiderman

You can clearly see from this shot that the image on the puddle has different lighting compared to what should have been reflecting there

This is not RT and I bet my avatar on it

PanzerAzel

I agree $70 is steep considering it's a remake and not a brand new title, yes the graphics are all new but when it comes to story and the core experience it's the same. That being said anyone who thought they were going to make it play like TLOU2 which they NEVER said they were going to do jumped to conclusions based on some very vague comments during the reveal and it's their own fault that they are disappointed. Gamers need to stop acting like 5 year old children on message boards and social media, we talk crap about devs being whiney jerks (rightfully so) but it's pretty obvious that gamers themselves are often just as bad even if it's in different ways.

Nobody said they were going to add prone, dodge or jump and why would they? It's a remake of TLOU not a reimagining, the levels in this game are much smaller than the first one and the path is defined already, it's already been designed so that you can go to all of the places they want you to be able to go and adding jump would be useless since they'd just have to add obstacles to block off all of the places you couldn't get to before anyway. How would going prone have helped? there aren't any large areas covered in tall grass that you need to hide in, that was all worked into the level design in TLOU2. This is a remake of TLOU and the stuff you are talking about doing would basically be making it a totally different game in many ways which would mean this would be far more than a remake. They added some small things that make sense from TLOU2 but this isn't supposed to be a totally different experience and it has never been advertised as that.

Anyone who calls this a remaster is clearly speaking from a place of ignorance or is trolling, they either don't know what the word remaster means, or they are just being a jerk lol. We already had a remaster, this blows it away visually and it should. It's an 8-year-old remaster of a 9-year-old game and as much as I love the game (my fav story driven game of all time) the remaster looks pretty bad compared to this. This is likely being made mostly so they can sell both games in the series on PC, it would be a rough sell asking PC players to buy an 8-year-old remaster but a new modern version that is also available for PS5 owners IF they wish to buy the upgraded version is a win/win. Yes, I wish it was cheaper, but nobody is forcing me to buy it either.
I would like you to explain to me what exactly did they mean by modernized gameplay?

I am sick and tired of people coming and claiming gamers to be entitled, whiny 5 year old children when they have done nothing but reasonably construed the statements of Sony and Naugty Dog, who have been incredibly misleading in the framing of the improvements of this remake. Where is the accountability? When they say the gameplay has been modernized, and that Neil Druckman himself says the combat has been redone, what do you expect? It takes nothing more than a little bit bit of deductive reasoning and inference, they didn’t need to explicitly come out and say “it has TLoU II’s combat”.

Stop blaming the gamers, and place it where it lays.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
You can clearly see from this shot that the image on the puddle has different lighting compared to what should have been reflecting there

It's being reflected very realistically; the light being reflected is less intense than directly looking out the window because portion of the light rays are being absorbed by the reflective puddle surface. It's the same reason why you can see the sun reflected in a mirror much easier than directly looking at it.

This is not RT and I bet my avatar on it

No need for avatar bets, I'm just having a discussion of what technique they could be using here. It's not SSR, and cubemaps isn't likely here either. RT seems like the logical explanation. Either way it looks very good and high resolution.

Hugare

It's being reflected very realistically; the light being reflected is less intense than directly looking out the window because portion of the light rays are being absorbed by the reflective puddle surface. It's the same reason why you can see the sun reflected in a mirror much easier than directly looking at it.

No need for avatar bets, I'm just having a discussion of what technique they could be using here. It's not SSR, and cubemaps isn't likely here either. RT seems like the logical explanation. Either way it looks very good and high resolution.
We must be seeing different images then, 'cause what's being refflected on the puddle is clearly way more intense than what's in the window

Let's just agree to disagree for now then

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Everything we need to know has been revealed. They will trickle out more marketing material. It ain't going to turn it into a ground up PS5 game like they're claiming.
Yep. We have to be mindful of devs crunching and working hard. We simply cannot demand they add next gen features like ray tracing to a next gen game. Thats very entitled and toxic gamer behavior. We have to be better than this. I suggest we move back to PS1 era graphics so devs can go home at 3PM everyday instead of crunching and doing their job. I also suggest we increase the price of games to $100 to ensure devs can live like kings and queens that they are.

In all seriousness, this is exactly what I had feared when I first saw Phil selling his cross gen vision and xbox fans falling for it. I knew that it wasn't just going to hold games back, but also condition gamers to have this low expectation of what we should expect from next gen games. We are at a point now where we are not getting better physics simulations, better destruction, AI simulations, next gen hair simulations, or next gen visuals 2 years into the gen. And yet, we have gamers defending a game that isnt even offering last gen features. The corporations have won. They have conditioned gamers to accept downgrades, and have brainwashed them into defending these shady practices.

The dev who got backlash for his tweet suggesting adding prone would be too much work is now being showered with support and love on twitter by pretty much everyone. Part of it is twitter's ridiculous mob mentality creating a bubble where devs see all this support and think that the people questioning their work are just a vocal minority. Like this dev now does. But part of it is the fact that the fanbase truly loves ND the studio and Playstation the brand, instead of the actual games they produce. Nothing will change, and devs will continue to lie, mislead, under deliver, and justify any backlash as that of a vocal minority. For example, FF7 Rebirth producer just came out and confirmed that they will be reusing the PS4 character models in the new PS5 only release of the full priced $60-70 sequel. How lazy is that? Did you even hear a backlash? No one cares. Everyone is conditioned to expect the bare minimum.

People losing their minds saying the game looks too much like the first and that they didn't change enough but I bet that once it gets released the criticism will be that they changed too much.

Makes no sense to expect that they would've completely reworked every aspect of gameplay to include massive changes like being able to move exactly like you do in TLoU Part 2.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
We must be seeing different images then, 'cause what's being refflected on the puddle is clearly way more intense than what's in the window

I understand you now and yeah that is the point of the screenshot. You should also see whats happening in the gif to get better understanding. The direct sunlight from the window, which goes in and out of screen space, is now being accurately reflected on the puddle's surface based on its angle and position, This suggests useage of RT.

We are at a point now where we are not getting better physics simulations, better destruction, AI simulations, next gen hair simulations, or next gen visuals 2 years into the gen. And yet, we have gamers defending a game that isnt even offering last gen features.

Of all games that have released within the past 2 years, this is the game you are lobbing these preposterous allegations against? Weird.

Why not? It’s a remake. Why make a game that plays worse than your previous effort?
Because the original game is one of the most successful PlayStation games ever? Did you have a problem with Demon's Souls not adding stuff from Dark Souls 3 too?

There are plenty of examples of remakes that didn't change much yet were not as scrutinized as TLoU Part 1: Halo Anniversary, Gears of War, SoTC, The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, etc.

Not every remake is RE2, most are not.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Why not? It’s a remake. Why make a game that plays worse than your previous effort?
Most people who buy this game are probably going to be new to the series.

Imagine if they made TLOU remake's gameplay better than TLOU 2. Do you think they're going to think the gameplay took a step back or that they made minor improvements over Part I? I'm sure they want TLOU 2 to have superior gameplay.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Because the original game is one of the most successful PlayStation games ever? Did you have a problem with Demon's Souls not adding stuff from Dark Souls 3 too?

I don’t know about Demon’s Souls as I never played it but first TLOU gameplay aged like milk. I’m replaying it now and at the same time going through TLOU2 for the first time and the leap in quality is shocking.

Imagine if they made TLOU remake's gameplay better than TLOU 2. Do you think they're going to think the gameplay took a step back or that they made minor improvements over Part I? I'm sure they want TLOU 2 to have superior gameplay.

At least make it as good as your previous game. There’s no point in making it worse. Are you serious? 😅

Not to mention that when you include massive changes to movement you need to pretty much redesign the entire game since encounters and locations were not built around you being able to move like that.

I don’t know about Demon’s Souls as I never played it but first TLOU gameplay aged like milk. I’m replaying it now and at the same time going through TLOU2 for the first time and the leap in quality is shocking.
If you are already replaying it why do you care?

This argument of the remake needing to be better than their last game makes no sense and was never used when any remake before this one was coming out.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Not to mention that when you include massive changes to movement you need to pretty much redesign the entire game since encounters and locations were not built around you being able to move like that.

You mean like in a proper build from the ground up fully priced remake that's a next-gen exclusive?

If you are already replaying it why do you care?

I'm replaying it for the characters, story, writing and art style (yes, I think that the original game has an amazing timeless art style to it). I'm definitely not replaying it for gameplay or level design which is terrible.

This argument of the remake needing to be better than their last game makes no sense and was never used when any remake before this one was coming out. Are you serious? 😅

Ah, yes. Because remakes like Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 and countless others don't exist.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
At least make it as good as your previous game. There’s no point in making it worse. Are you serious? 😅
So, when TLOU 1 is released on PC and it's followed by TLOU 2, how do you think gamers are going to feel when it plays exactly the same or worse?

I'm replaying it for the characters, story, writing and art style (yes, I think that the original game has an amazing timeless art style to it). I'm definitely not replaying it for gameplay or level design which is terrible.
What exactly is you think other people will be doing?

Such a terrible gameplay and level design, yet here you are playing the game again.

Ah, yes. Because remakes like Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 and countless others don't exist.
Final Fantasy VII Remake isn't even a Remake, the title is bait, shows how much you know.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
So, when TLOU 1 is released on PC and it's followed by TLOU 2, how do you think gamers are going to feel when it plays exactly the same or worse?

Literally nobody would complain if TLOU1 remake would play exactly like TLOU2. Regardless of the release order.

This whole argument is so stupid. What if TLOU1 remake is graphically better than TLOU2. How do you think PC gamers are going to feel?

So just because there's a possibility that TLOU2 is coming to PC after TLOU1 remake, the entire remake must be inferior to TLOU2 or PC player's feelings will get hurt. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Such a terrible gameplay and level design, yet here you are playing the game again.

You seriously can't understand that a good story and likeable characters can be enough for someone to play the game, regardless of how shitty the level design and core gameplay is? There are multiple genres of games that have almost no gameplay and are story based. Why is it so hard for you to understand?

What exactly is you think other people will be doing?

I can tell you what they will be doing. They will be playing first ever game from Naughty Dog that plays worse compared to the previous one. That's what they will be doing.

Final Fantasy VII Remake isn't even a Remake, the title is bait, shows how much you know.

:messenger_grinning_sweat: What about other examples? I can name few more if you want. You've been proven wrong, just drop it.

Last edited:

Stooky

I would like you to explain to me what exactly did they mean by modernized gameplay?

I am sick and tired of people coming and claiming gamers to be entitled, whiny 5 year old children when they have done nothing but reasonably construed the statements of Sony and Naugty Dog, who have been incredibly misleading in the framing of the improvements of this remake. Where is the accountability? When they say the gameplay has been modernized, and that Neil Druckman himself says the combat has been redone, what do you expect? It takes nothing more than a little bit bit of deductive reasoning and inference, they didn’t need to explicitly come out and say “it has TLoU II’s combat”.

Stop blaming the gamers, and place it where it lays.
Hahaha gamers aren’t entitled!!!??? BS Gamers run wild with expections ALL THE TIME! lol. If dodge and prone were in the game it have been printed on the box You would have seen it in the teaser trailer.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Literally nobody would complain if TLOU1 remake would play exactly like TLOU2. Regardless of the release order.
Yes, they would. People complained that TLOU 2's gameplay wasn't better than TLOU 1.
This whole argument is so stupid. What if TLOU1 remake is graphically better than TLOU2. How do you think PC gamers are going to feel?
You think it's stupid because you think your opinion is the right one. The fact of the matter is, the developers could feel that they want TLOU 2's gameplay to remain superior as they release TLOU 2 on PS5 and PC. That would make perfect sense.
So just because there's a possibility that TLOU2 is coming to PC after TLOU1 remake, the entire remake must be inferior to TLOU2 or PC player's feeling will get hurt. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

So you believe people wouldn't feel let down about Part II if it played worse than TLOU 1 and the game was also released on PC?

Your argument makes no sense. There are many cases to be made if TLOU 2 released on PC and PS5.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yes, they would. People complained that TLOU 2's gameplay wasn't better than TLOU 1.

You think it's stupid because you think your opinion is the right one. The fact of the matter is, the developers could feel that they want TLOU 2's gameplay to remain superior as they release TLOU 2 on PS5 and PC. That would make perfect sense.

So you believe people wouldn't feel let down about Part II if it played worse than TLOU 1 and the game was also released on PC?

Your argument makes no sense. There are many cases to be made if TLOU 2 released on PC and PS5.

Dude, you made my day. 😅

You seriously can't understand that a good story and likeable characters can be enough for someone to play the game, regardless of how shitty the level design and core gameplay is? There are multiple genres of games that have almost no gameplay and are story based. Why is it so hard for you to understand?
Why is it so hard for you to understand that most people are fine with how the game plays and just like you said a good story and characters can be enough for people to want to play the game.

Just because the gameplay on TLoU Part 2 is much better doesn't mean the gameplay on the first game is garbage, it's pretty decent and people had no problem with it when it got rereleased. It aged really well for a PS3 game.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

To summarize this page:

• FF7 Remake isnt a remake.
  • TLOU1 plays worse than TLOU2 because people would complain if it was better.
  • Ray traced reflections are in this game, but being kept a secret while ND gloats about putting next gen pillar destruction that was in KZ2.
  • Gamers are entitled for taking a dev at his word.
  • Remakes are not remasters, but they are also not a 're-imagining'. What are they then? No one knows.

To summarize this page:

Did you even play it? It obviously isn't a remake, it's sequel. SE is even doing what looks like an actual remake with Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis

To summarize this page:
  • Remakes are not remasters, but they are also not a 're-imagining'. What are they then? No one knows.
Why do you assume that being remade implies that every aspect needs to be changed? Again, most well received, remakes are made in a way they try to change as little as possible (with very few exceptions like the Resident Evil remakes).

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
To summarize this page:

• Ray traced reflections are in this game, but being kept a secret while ND gloats about putting next gen pillar destruction that was in KZ2.

This only confirms that NeoGAF is the best news site. You won’t get this info anywhere else. I love this site.

To summarize this page:

Kz2 pillar destruction looks better, still…

PanzerAzel

Hahaha gamers aren’t entitled!!!??? BS Gamers run wild with expections ALL THE TIME! lol. If dodge and prone were in the game it have been printed on the box You would have seen it in the teaser trailer.
Whether or not gamers are entitled is aside the point.

It is not running wild with expectations when Sony and Naughty Dog state that TLoU Remake would have "modernized gameplay" when the most modern gameplay in the franchise is found in TLoU II. That's not running wild, it is a very reasonable deduction to make. And had the Remake released with that gameplay, you, and no other apologist, would be saying a word about it otherwise because it would have been fully expected, as it should be given the phrasing. It is only after the leaks arise to show that the gameplay looks nigh identical to the original release that apologists need to scramble, attempt to redefine the workings of the English language, attack the fans for their "ridiculous" assumptions, and apologize in defense of these companies.....who have deliberately misled consumers. For why this defense happens, I have no idea, they are doing you no favors.

This is on Sony and ND, no one else.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
To summarize this page:

THPS 1+2

The developers have gone on record by stating they wanted to stick to the original mechanics as much as possible. This is why you don't see a lot of gameplay mechanics that were featured in other THPS titles.

Resident Evil 2

Other Resident Evil games featured mechanics that weren't found in Resident Evil 4-6. You also don't have the same amount of inventory space.

Resident Evil 3
Ink Ribbons were removed from this game and this upset many gamers.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

It's not technically a remake, it's a sequel to Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children. People didn't like the changes that were made to the original story. That being said, people weren't fans of the updated mechanics. Maximilian Dood has gone in depth with this remake several times.

There are many examples of developers choosing to stick to the original mechanics as much as possible. There's also a difference between remaking a game from the 90s compared to remaking one less than 10 years ago.

There are many threads from gamers suggesting modern mechanics in remasters only to be pushed back by the community.

SlimySnake

THPS 1+2

The developers have gone on record by stating they wanted to stick to the original mechanics as much as possible. This is why you don't see a lot of gameplay mechanics that were featured in other THPS titles.
Except that ND went on record that they will be applying all the lessons they learned from TLOU2 to this remake, and that they will be modernizing the gameplay. This is all on tape said by the President of Naughty Dog Live at E3.

Resident Evil 2

Other Resident Evil games featured mechanics that weren't found in Resident Evil 4-6. You also don't have the same amount of inventory space.
RE2 has better mechanics than all of those games. It's a true next gen title compared to RE4-6. Brand new animations, brand new shooting mechanics, brand new bosses, graphics, levels and enemy design compared to RE5 and RE6. Just because they removed some melee mechanics doesnt mean they phoned in the remake. They made enhancements elsewhere to push it a gen above RE4-6. TLOU Remake doesnt feel a gen above TLOU2 and lacks the features that made TLOU2 feel next gen compared to the first game.
Resident Evil 3
Ink Ribbons were removed from this game and this upset many gamers.
Oh come on.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
THPS 1+2

They added multiple moves from later games, including revert, a mechanic from THPS3 which completely changes how the game plays.

Boy, oh boy.

😅

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Except that ND went on record that they will be applying all the lessons they learned from TLOU2 to this remake, and that they will be modernizing the gameplay. This is all on tape said by the President of Naughty Dog Live at E3.
I'm not discussing what ND said because it can be interpreted in many different ways. That being said, I know many gamers thought ND would add all of TLOU 2's gameplay mechanics in TLOU 1 Remake.

RE2 has better mechanics than all of those games. It's a true next gen title compared to RE4-6. Brand new animations, brand new shooting mechanics, brand new bosses, graphics, levels and enemy design compared to RE5 and RE6. Just because they removed some melee mechanics doesnt mean they phoned in the remake. They made enhancements elsewhere to push it a gen above RE4-6. TLOU Remake doesnt feel a gen above TLOU2 and lacks the features that made TLOU2 feel next gen compared to the first game.

Oh come on.

You're totally missing the point.

I'm showing you facts that developers want to stick to the original as much as possible. Resident Evil 2 and 3 still lack certain gameplay mechanics that were featured in future Resident Evil titles.

People in this thread are saying that they should because it's a remake that improves in many areas over TLOU 2, and I'm saying developers decide to old back for obvious reasons and I gave you examples.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Ray traced reflections are in this game, but being kept a secret while ND gloats about putting next gen pillar destruction that was in KZ2.

I feel like this is directed towards what I shared earlier. I'm not hung up on popular buzzwords like ray tracing. My main interest is how new hardware is enabling better experiences via rendering and gameplay, regardless of how it's accomplished. All I did was bring up an example from the trailer that demonstrates how their methods for reflections have seemingly advanced at least in some aspects compared to TLOU2, and why RT could be the method they used. Another poster referred to DF tech analysis for TLOU2 but it's evident that different techniques are being used to provide better and more accurate reflection; As ResetEraVetVIP ResetEraVetVIP has stated in another thread, it is the results that matter, not necessarily the method. Is ND new technique less impressive just because it possibly isn't RT? Would that make their application unworthy of current gen? Is hardware RT the only path towards awesome lighting that is incomparable to prior gen? Should software Lumen be tossed away? If that is your mindset, then I think it's an immature one. That's your prerogative, but please don't mischaracterize what I was saying.

Top Bottom