• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II and Part I sales are climbing the charts

Renewed for Season 2 already. And with Mazin saying the second game will need two seasons to adapt as well.

So should be 3 seasons minimum.

Games sales are gonna have insane legs now.

I really how Part 3 is in production so it can release and they can finish the TV show just after the games with a season 4 or 5.

Exciting times for TLOU fans!

Amazing news.

Abby is my favorite character in the series but I hope they give a better death to Joel in the series (like they did so far).

My biggest complaint about TLOU2 was the lack of info and explore about "Ellie's Immunity" (The Last of Us, the fucking title btw), I think she talked about it with Dina and thats it.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
I love super hot chicks....
Dont Tell Me Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Last edited:
Meh, I am not big into F2P games. I like TLOU, so I will give it a try though.

Its really the knock on effect of the constant marketing and keeping the game in the public’s eye. Last of Us is turning into a huge multimedia platform (to some people’s dismay) with a successful show, two games, and a big multiplayer title.

who knows what else they got in the works. Seems like Naughty Dog is always the studio pushing SIE forward in some way

Last edited:

Pelta88

When retailers spike the price of a game that was first released 13 years ago.

happy-the-rock.gif

I got family calling and texting me like "WTF" and people who don't game talking about how "It's hard to find a PS5."

I'm surprised its still ahead of the PS4 SKU Hogwarts Legacy....

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers...7831011/ref=zg_bs_nav_videogames_2_6427814011

and Still Top of PSN for PS4 as well.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/85448d87-aa7b-4318-9997-7d25f4d275a4/1

Think Sony have really left a lot of sales on the table not having a PS5 version of Part 2 as well as not bundling the new Part 1 or Part 2.
Factions and the 2nd season are coming. This IP won’t stop selling anytime soon and TLOU2 will be the one getting the most sales in the future. Let’s not forget TLOU already has 3 skus in 3 different generations. Same can’t be said about its sequel.

TLOU2 will nbe rereleased on ps5 for sure. Hopefully this year.

Woggleman

Is there any reason why a PS4 game could not be upgraded to have PS5 features like haptics, faster loading times and other things? They could buy themselves a lot of goodwill by giving a free upgrade to people who already own it to make it a PS5 game.

Is there any reason why a PS4 game could not be upgraded to have PS5 features like haptics, faster loading times and other things? They could buy themselves a lot of goodwill by giving a free upgrade to people who already own it to make it a PS5 game.
The game doesn't really have loading times, haptics are meh, what other things are you referring to?

It already has 4K60.

Woggleman

The game doesn't really have loading times, haptics are meh, what other things are you referring to?

It already has 4K60.
I am perfectly fine with the 60 FPS update but people keep talking about this PS5 version when really all they need to do is haptics and quicker loading times. The other things are native 4K when the game does checkerboarding. Again I am happy with what I am playing now but if they release a native PS5 version they have to give a reason for people who already own the game to buy it and for newcomers not to just buy the cheaper PS4 version.

TLOU1 was a massive improvement over the PS3 and even PS4 version so it made sense but with TLOU2 looking better than some new gen games what would be the point?

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers...7831011/ref=zg_bs_nav_videogames_2_6427814011

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/85448d87-aa7b-4318-9997-7d25f4d275a4/1

Think Sony have really left a lot of sales on the table not having a PS5 version of Part 2 as well as not bundling the new Part 1 or Part 2.

Not sure I agree here.

People are buying Part 2 as it is fully playable on PS5 and has been patched for PS5. Not sure it needs a native PS5 version and what would a bundle have done exactly? What would a 100 dollar bundle have done for people who are already buying both games? Wouldn't a cheaper bundle have LOST them money?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Perhaps Sony now might another year and release TLOU Part II PS5 (remastered version) just before Season 2 airs.

yurinka

Meh, I am not big into F2P games. I like TLOU, so I will give it a try though.
Nobody said it will be F2P

To implement them, to test and certificate the new version, to make all the related paperwork and to market it cost money and require resources.

Maybe they have these resources busy with other projects, or maybe they may consider that the extra revenue that this patch/native version would provide wouldn't be enough to cover these costs.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Nobody said it will be F2P
True. But the job listing at ND mentioned free 2 play, and neither of the other games they were working on matched a live service game. I wouldn't mind it being F2P. That means I wouldn't need PS+ Essential to play it and I could get it.

yurinka

True. But the job listing at ND mentioned free 2 play, and neither of the other games they were working on matched a live service game. I wouldn't mind it being F2P. That means I wouldn't need PS+ Essential to play it and I could get it.
This game is known to be a game as a service, which means it's a live service game that will receive many game updates and other type of support after launch.

Since all F2P are GaaS (but not all GaaS are F2P), they value working experience in F2P games for certain GaaS stuff related positions when hiring: stuff like tracking internal metrics and statistics, managing servers with a huge scale of users, designing or tweaking in-game economies, designing or balancing progression for games that last during years, etc. This is what they meant in the job offers.

PS+ isn't required for F2P games (like Fortnite, Genshin Impact or Apex Legends), but it's required for paid GaaS games (as could be the case of Street Fighter V, MLB or Dreams to name a couple of examples).

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

The good part about this is that it's selling at $39.99 on the PSN Store. Generally, Sony's first-party games last gen were selling at $19.99 after a year.

#1st in PS4 games
#41st overall in video games.
#9th best-selling game on Amazon (if you exclude accessories).

This was also mentioned on the Sony slide.
• The live-action television drama adaptation of The Last of Us began airing on HBO and HBO Max in the U.S. on January 15 and became a big hit with its first episode having reached approximately 22 million viewers domestically since its release.

• Due to this, the game title The Last of Us Part 2, released in 2020, returned to the top of Amazonʼs sales ranking for PS4 software in the U.S., which has had a positive impact on game catalog sales.

PlayStation Top PS4 Downloads 2021
April
- | 12th

August
- | 16th

October
- | 11th

November
16th | 6th

PlayStation Top PS4 Downloads 2022
March
15th | 13th

This (March 2022) is probably here The Last of Us Part II crossed 10 million.

April
11th | 14th

August
10th | 13th

September
11th | 15th

November
4th | 4th
The Last of Us Part II was the 12th Best Selling game in the EU in Nov.

December
7th | 5th
2022 was a solid year for The Last of US Part II

January was probably the biggest month for The Last of Us Part II sales within the past 2 years and sales continue to remain steady.

Not sure I agree here.

People are buying Part 2 as it is fully playable on PS5 and has been patched for PS5. Not sure it needs a native PS5 version and what would a bundle have done exactly? What would a 100 dollar bundle have done for people who are already buying both games? Wouldn't a cheaper bundle have LOST them money?

I mean bundle it with a console. It's easy sales haha

The good part about this is that it's selling at $39.99 on the PSN Store. Generally, Sony's first-party games last gen were selling at $19.99 after a year.

#1st in PS4 games

This was also mentioned on the Sony slide.

[/URL]

PlayStation Top PS4 Downloads 2021

PlayStation Top PS4 Downloads 2022

2022 was a solid year for The Last of US Part II

January was probably the biggest month for The Last of Us Part II sales within the past 2 years and sales continue to remain steady.

I think the most surprising thing about it's 2022 sales was that it actually outsold the PS4 SKUs of Elden Ring and God Of War Ragnarok in the EU.

So must be selling good numbers.

deeptech

bodes well for tlou universe, i think it unfortunate many don't like part 2 but w/e, i can't wait for it on PC

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
#1st in PS4 games

1st in PS4 games
35th overall
4th best-selling game on Amazon behind Hogwarts PS5 (8th) Hogwarts NSW (9th), and Mario Kart 8 (29th)

Still an amazing surge.

Remastered, Part 1 and Part 2 all made the list of top sales on PSN for Jan. Recently only Part 2 was making the list and Part 1 when it first released

And that's off only half a month of a sales bump so to speak as episode 1 was mid Jan.

Be interesting to see how they perform in Feb. Will the sales bump hold for the entire showing of season 1?

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/10/playstation-store-january-2023s-top-downloads/
Probably until the season finale in March.

The way all stars aligned for this remake...and the promo is still quite soft. I'm sure at this point the development for this has been paid or close to it.

Top Bottom