• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II was the best selling game on PS Store during Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

Imagine being mad on the internet about a video game.

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

A.Romero

The only thing that this game lacks is subtlety. In some aspects that's amazing and in others (like the writing) not so much. As a package is one of the best games ever made unless the topic is something that really annoys you then I understand how it would dwarf everything else.

Personally I enjoyed it and the main flaw was the pacing. Stopping the game right at the climax to go back and play as another character was a really bad decision.

You answered your own question. Sure maybe TLOU2 does some things better or samey than your example, RDR2, but I played both and I can positively say that RDR2 has a superior atmosphere and its even an open world game, not linear/open-ended like TLOU2. All AAA games have high production costs and each does something impressive compared to another, God of War, HZD, Witcher 3, hell even Cyberpunk and many others. My point is, that does not mean they are good games. Theres more to graphics than amazing animation or weapon details. If we focused on those things, again, as I fucking said so, every piece of media that has poured tons of money it would be considered the best, which is false.

You're twisting my words and dancing around my opinion. I'll ask again, simple as that. Do you think the money poured into a game makes the said game better? Do you think there are no gamers who think there are better games than TLOU2? Yes or no to both questions.

Bless your heart thinking your opinion equates to the truth.

I played both and can positively say the opposite. See how that works?

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Abby is very likeable how could you not like her?
  • She tortures and kills someone who saved her life shortly before
  • She expects gratitude for sparing the life of someone she killed the father figure in front of
  • She's fine with her father killing a patient without informed consent
  • She's willing to slit the throat of a subdued pregnant woman
thats-gonna-be-a-no-from-me-dawg.gif

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
  • She tortures and kills someone who murdered her father. (revenge)
  • She expects gratitude for sparing the life of someone she killed the father figure in front of (oversimplication)
  • She's fine with her father killing a patient without informed consent (how do you know she is fine with it?)
  • She's willing to slit the throat of a subdued pregnant woman who's partner murdered her preganant friend (revenge)
Fixed that.

She is a mirror counterpart to Ellie. They are the same character on opposite sides.

Last edited:

Aenima

I shouldn't be worried about that part, but if i learned anyething on GAF it's this: Those are no zombies!!!!!!! It's something new!!!!! It's super innovative!!!!!
They are zombies, and are based on real life zombies. Google zombie ants or Cordyceps.

Its a fungus that take over the brain of small insects like ants turning them into zombies untill they die and the fungus grow up from the host body. In TLOU its the same fungus, the twist is that infects humans.

kyliethicc

They are zombies, and are based on real life zombies. Google zombie ants or Cordyceps.

Its a fungus that take over the brain of small insects like ants turning them into zombies untill they die and the fungus grow up from the host body. In TLOU its the same fungus, the twist is that infects humans.
Zombies are undead. Like the zombies in Resident Evil. They can come back to life after death. Great for horror games (like Resident Evil.)

The Last of Us infected people are not undead. They die once and remain dead.

Ulysses 31

Fixed that.
  • Lack of gratitude while the game later on shows she's not foreign to the concept at all
  • She expected Elly and co to go on with her life and not come after her is an accurate description enough, not to mention hypocritical coming form her
  • She says she'd want her father to do the surgery if it was her on the table which is meaningless since it's never her that's sacrificing anything in that surgery
  • She doesn't know who exactly killed Owen and Mel and Dina actually had nothing to do with their deaths, Abby kills indiscriminately. Finding out about the pregnancy she wanted to kill even more so...

thats-gonna-be-a-no-from-me-dawg.gif

Whitecrow

Banned
Abby is there to fit an agenda. You can see that by thinking about how the fuck did she got that fit in a post-apocaliptic world when people have to go outside to hunt and protecting themselves from zombies.

Druckmann was more interested in making his wet dream of story than being coherent with the world and the resto of the cast.

Reckheim

Abby is there to fit an agenda. You can see that by thinking about how the fuck did she got that fit in a post-apocaliptic world when people have to go outside to hunt and protecting themselves from zombies.

Druckmann was more interested in making his wet dream of story than being coherent with the world and the resto of the cast.
Access to roids and lots of free time. Getting strong if you have the resources would only make sense in the post-apocalypse.

kyliethicc

YrKeY6c.jpg

tommib

the-last-of-us-part-2-abby-tlou-part-2-abby-710x400.jpg

Ellery

Access to roids and lots of free time. Getting strong if you have the resources would only make sense in the post-apocalypse.

That too yes. And in part it also might have a metaphorical nature where it would be something like the hatred that is built up inside of Abby (just a wild interpretation, might not be accurate for other people). There are many things like that in artistic media, even in more grounded entertainment like TLOU where foreshadowing, metaphors and symbols are being used. Some of them just purely to subsconciously guide you.

Aenima

Abby lived inside a stadium, they grew up cattle and all other kinds of farming produces inside it, her bedroom was just beside the stadium gym. She was obssessed with training.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Its a pretty straightforward measure. I just went onto the US PSN Store and sorted all PS4 games by best selling.

Unsurprisingly the top games right now are PS Plus games, free to play games, sports games, and a few big AAA games.

Like NBA, Madden and FIFA go on sale, so people buy them. Then there's 2 big Sony games, The Last of Us Part II and God of War, both at $20, so people buy them. The new Battlefield game is selling too, no surprise there. And of course free to play games are popular.

34uUAP5.jpg

Wow, it's included in PS Now as well!

drotahorror

I enjoyed most of TLOU2. I loved the gameplay, the graphics, the voice acting. The story not so much, mainly just due to some really inconsistent writing. I just can't sympathize with Abby. At all. I also found her half of the game not as exciting or interesting as Ellie's. It's easily the most brutal, violent game I've played and I really pay attention to gore/blood in games, so I'm basically an expert.

But yeah TLOU2 was very good. I played first time on PS5. I used the slow motion accessibility option that is activated when you ADS (not the one in cheats). I'm a sucker for bullet time so that helped with the gameplay immensely. Strongly recommend going back and playing the game like that if a second playthrough is ever warranted. Keep in mind, this is in accessibility options, not the slow motion in cheats. Just want it to be obvious as I hear the cheats one isn't as good.

"You can see that by thinking about how the fuck did those men got that fit in a post-apocaliptic world when people have to go outside to hunt and protecting themselves from zombies."

See? Your sentence still makes sense.

It's also well explained how she got to that point. Girl was obsessed with training. Even Owen is surprised by how much stronger she is by the 2nd flashback. Imagine 3 more extra years of training.

Whitecrow

Banned
"You can see that by thinking about how the fuck did those men got that fit in a post-apocaliptic world when people have to go outside to hunt and protecting themselves from zombies."

See? Your sentence still makes sense.

It's also well explained how she got to that point. Girl was obsessed with training. Even Owen is surprised by how much stronger she is by the 2nd flashback. Imagine 3 more extra years of training.
While I get the point, men have the biology part on their side.

Being a woman and having that body needs a lot, like a looooooot, of food and protein. Which unless she ate her friends food and let them starve, I highly doubt that's remotely possible.

Last edited:

tommib

Being a woman and having that body needs a lot, like a looooooot, of food and protein. Which unless she ate her friends food and let them starve, I highly doubt that's remotely possible.

Brigita-Brezovac.jpg
Alina-Popa.jpg

452650706.jpg

Is your masculinity now in danger?

Everything is possible when you put your mind in it.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned

jesus christ. how about you play the game for yourself?
its literally so obvious you didnt play the game.

kyliethicc

If you really care, Abby's body is modeled after Colleen Fotsch.

Abby had an NFL gym, lots of free time, and motivation. And plenty of meat.

You can literally read her workouts on a clipboard in her room.

G5gcE5V.png

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
like a looooooot, of food and protein. Which unless she ate her friends food and let them starve, I highly doubt that's remotely possible.
the last of us world is not what you think it is.. the wlf have a lot of resources. they live in a stadium with a lot of fire power. if you had play the game you would see the big agricultural fields and a lot of animals. you know ''milk'.
and the danger is obvious the humans than the infected, again if you had play the game you would notice the infected are rarely in the open.
anyway just play the game already.

Meanwhile I just want Sony to announce a PS5 remaster.

ikr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom