• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us remake’s $100 Firefly Edition has already sold out

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
last-of-us-part-1-firefly-edition-1280x720.jpg

The most expensive edition of the newly announced The Last of Us remake has already sold out in the US.

The priciest version of the game is the $99.99 Firefly Edition. It includes the same contents as the Digital Deluxe Edition plus a limited edition SteelBook case and The Last of Us: American Dreams comics #1 – #4 with new cover art.

In the US it’s available exclusively via PlayStation Direct, but it’s already listed as out of stock. Sony hasn’t yet revealed plans to make this edition available outside of the US.

last-of-us-part-1-b.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-c.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-d.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-e.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-f.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-g.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-h.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-i.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-j.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-k.jpg

last-of-us-part-1-l.jpg

Nautilus

Banned
Without knowing how much stock was available, it will be hard to say if that is necessarialy good.

Either way, its not a bad sign.

Rational take: Sounds like a cool SE honestly. Very optional. Something for collectors who want it, but you're not really missing out if you skip it.

Shitpost take: Just wait for those comics sales numbers to get announced after bundling it with the game ...

G398gGm.jpg

Are we sure people aren't turning away from the franchise considering the absolute destruction the sequel did to the brand?
I'm still not buying this, I'll stick to my pesant status and get the 70 version 😤

Edit: God damn....the spoiler arrives.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think Sony should take advantage of these whales and sell these collectors editions for $100 while charging $60 for the rest of us normal people who have kids to feed. Between my Netflix, Disney, only fans, brazzer and vr bangers subs, i can’t justify spending $70 on video games.

Last edited:
Without knowing how much stock was available, it will be hard to say if that is necessarialy good.

Either way, its not a bad sign.
It's essentially the same game with (maybe) some TLOU 2 gameplay features on top and better textures and lighting. The level design, character cutscene movement, voice acting, and death animations looked 1:1 from trailers and screenshots.

This is as close to a Bluepoint-style of remake as you can get.

Fbh

Sounds like a struggle if you need to start saving up today. Ill help you get the PS7 remake, dont want you saving up till the PS8 remake.

Well hey with inflation and all that I don't know how expensive games will be by the Ps7, so maybe $100 won't be enough.
And you have to wonder if getting the Ps7 remake is really worth it when you just know the Ps8 remake will be better.

Nautilus

Banned
It's essentially the same game with (maybe) some TLOU 2 gameplay features on top and better textures and lighting. The level design, character cutscene movement, voice acting, and death animations looked 1:1 from trailers and screenshots.

This is as close to a Bluepoint-style of remake as you can get.
Hope so. My worries is that they will try to change the story, even if just slightly, to better fit TLOU 2 narrative, or whatever they are doing with the TV show.

But we will only know that when the game releases.

These things usually sell out pretty quick right? Not sure it is indictive of anything. Now with that said, I personally have played tlou on PS3, PS4, and I just don't see my self paying a 3rd time, even with the update. Not day one at 70$. I feel I've played the game recent enough to wait and I feel many people who've played it multiple times like me will also wait for a price cut.
So selling the higher priced option could mean there is a lot of demand still.
Wondering how the game will chart in september?

Nautilus

Banned
E
These things usually sell out pretty quick right? Not sure it is indictive of anything. Now with that said, I personally have played tlou on PS3, PS4, and I just don't see my self paying a 3rd time, even with the update. Not day one at 70$. I feel I've played the game recent enough to wait and I feel many people who've played it multiple times like me will also wait for a price cut.
So selling the higher priced option could mean there is a lot of demand still.
Wondering how the game will chart in september?
Exactly.The limited edition of these high acclaimed games always sells out. It doesn't mean it will sell well or not. Never did, never will.

Top Bottom