• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remake is PlayStation's 4th biggest concurrent players on Steam via data shown

Sales mean nothing. Mid games can sell a ton like AC valhalla or Hogwarts Legacy and many other. Quality, story, etc. dont matter. People are just thirsty for more Spider-Man so they'll play anything but guarantee you, they'd be less interested if Spider-Man 2 was just Miles.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sales mean nothing. Mid games can sell a ton like AC valhalla or Hogwarts Legacy and many other. Quality, story, etc. dont matter. People are just thirsty for more Spider-Man so they'll play anything but guarantee you, they'd be less interested if Spider-Man 2 was just Miles.
Make up your mind. They don’t want to play or do they want to play?

Spyxos

9. Sackboy: A Big Adventure - 610. That does hurt. Such a small and fun game. I think even on ps5 it didn't sell well. It was heavily reduced here very quickly.

Make up your mind. They don’t want to play or do they want to play?

How am I not being clear or are you just trolling me? Wanting and being desperate are two different things. I also want more Spider-Man because I loved the first, didnt care about Miles but got it anyway cuz it was with the whole package on sale the remastered on ps5 thing along with the first. Pretty sure a lot of ppl got it that way. I didnt hate hate mind you, was okay, a 7/10, carried by combat and atmosphere but his voice, the generic villain, just meh.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How am I not being clear or are you just trolling me? Wanting and being desperate are two different things. I also want more Spider-Man because I loved the first, didnt care about Miles but got it anyway cuz it was with the whole package on sale the remastered on ps5 thing along with the first. Pretty sure a lot of ppl got it that way. I didnt hate hate mind you, was okay, a 7/10, carried by combat and atmosphere but his voice, the generic villain, just meh.
You're making a lot of assumptions based on your personal feelings. It keeps selling and charting practically every month since its release around launch in 2020.

People clearly want to play Not Peter Parker.

Global sales charts speak for themselves.
Global charts also include the whole package which has been on sale almost every month

Fun fact: If miles morales was as wanted as peter parker, global sales would've been close to the original by now but theyre not even half. Ergo, people dont care as much about Miles compared to Peter, which was my main point. Defend it all you want, facts are facts.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Hilarious that you think I care about what others think. Don't get triggered by an opinion my guy.

So commenting on your post is me being triggered. Hmmm.....telling.

Global charts also include the whole package which has been on sale almost every month

Fun fact: If miles morales was as wanted as peter parker, global sales would've been close to the original by now but theyre not even half. Ergo, people dont care as much about Miles compared to Peter, which was my main point. Defend it all you want, facts are facts.

You have this weird obsession with comparing Miles to Peter Parker. It's odd. Most people don't view the Spiderman franchise the way you are doing it. It's a fact that people like Miles Morales. Nothing you say or feel can change that.

Most people
Err GIF

yurinka

You can tell all that from concurrent users?
Concurrent users isn't a good measure to estimate Steam sales. A very rough, still not very accurate but much better approach is to use reviews. A conservative estimate would be that Sony sold above a dozen million copies on Steam (not counting non-Steam PC sales):

image.png

We also have to consider that many of these games were released relatively recently so will continue selling for years, specially considering they are 'full' priced ports of old games that in addition to this many had pretty demanding PC specs requirements or were released in very busy periods of the year.

Having said that, it's fair to assume both Days Gone and TLOUP1 will end selling above 2M copies each on PC specially if adding non Steam units sold.

Jimbo had it in a press briefing to investors.

HZD sold 2 million lifetime and generated $60 million.
Exactly 2.4M on PC as of a year ago, which was a year and a half after its PC release.

image.png

And since a year ago, it got discounted many more times, and to a lower price, than before that point. Same happened with others like Days Gone. Horizon price history on Steam:

image.png

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Everyone trying to get to the bit where Frank fucks Bill raw in 60fps only to be hit with the double sucker punch of it dosnt happen in the game and the lump of shit cant hit 60fps consistantly.

Kvally

Banned
Bad I don't know if selling more than Uncharted is bad. I don't like open world, thus I haven't buy it.
Open world isn't necessarily my cup of tea, but Miles Morales is a really good game. The world really isn't that big, and you can fast travel if you like. And traversing through the city can go really fast once you get the controls down.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Open world isn't necessarily my cup of tea, but Miles Morales is a really good game. The world really isn't that big, and you can fast travel if you like. And traversing through the city can go really fast once you get the controls down.
Alright, then, I might try it then. Will search for some deal on that.

Chukhopops

Returnal is underappreciated
I’m pretty sure Returnal is the one which dropped the fastest, it was under 500 actives after two weeks or so. Over 90% drop, Refundal would have been a more appropriate name.

Ironically Days Gone seems to be the game with the best legs considering its release date and launch numbers (5k actives right now).

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Returnal has legs, it is not like those other games where you play through once. I wouldn't worry about it, it will grow over time.

Biker game, does not deserve nearly as much

Kvally

Banned
I’m pretty sure Returnal is the one which dropped the fastest, it was under 500 actives after two weeks or so. Over 90% drop.

Ironically Days Gone seems to be the game with the best legs considering its release date and launch numbers (5k actives right now).
I am not quite done with Days Gone. I want to finish it, but I don't have PS+ anymore, so my game save from my PS4 is not available to me. So that means I need to start over. And the motorcycle early in the game pisses me off until you upgrade it and find more fuel, etc. So I don't think I will ever finish it.

yamaci17

it could've been the peak or second best if not for the bad reputation

this is what happens when you ignore to optimize for 8 gb vram+16 gb ram

these specs are just a touch under PS5. with some work being put into it, I'm sure they could've easily made it possible. these are the people who made tlou2 possible on 5.5 gb ram budget + slow disk + 1.6 ghz jaguar cpu. this game visually is just a tad bit above TLOU2 at 1080p. (yes, at 4K looks better. but I didn't see TLOU2 at 4k so i cannot compare. I played tlou2 on ps4. i tried tlou remake on PC at 1080p to compare with TLOU2, and they're evenly matched in my opinion. yes looks a bit better but genuinely felt like I was replaying tlou in tlou2 graphics.)

oh well, they can do whatever they want. NV too.

asobo a much smaller and less technically competent studio can make a plague tale requiem scale back to Series S. That game honestly looked better 4K to 4K in comparison in my opinion. All the while perfectly being compliant with 16 GB RAM and 8 GB VRAM. Legit used like 8-9 GB RAM and 6.5 GB VRAM with a texture setting one notch below, while still having actual better textures than TLOU except characters themselves. all of that were possible thanks to Series S most likely. so whatever that much smaller studio did, ND couldn't? I don't believe this. a plague tale requiem also has a ultra texture option that goes bonkers on VRAM usage. but also a high vram texture setting that eases the GPU. in this game, Medium texture preset literally look like N64 textures.

it seems to be rushed. and sorry but it wont move hardware sales either. people will sit on these specs for at least another 3-5 years. they have to get creative. you know they can.

honestly, even Flight Simulator is more compliant with 6-8 GB VRAM. dunno where and what gone wrong.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Whats a movie gotta do with the game? I liked the movie as well. Does that mean I should've liked the game automatically? Nice logic. The movie was MILES heh ahead of the game.

You were stating that people don't care for Miles Morales. I said you were wrong. That's where my beef lies with your statement.

After 3 days VG insights estimates TLOU at just under 500k and then obviously whatever many copies it also sold on Epic which can't be counted.

Resident Evil 4 after 3 days was just over 700k on steam but also isn't sold on Epic games.

So TLOU is tracking fairly fecking good considering the state it's in.

Likely would have been much better if they made a better port. If they fix it soon it'll be fine with sales legs.

Concurrent players isn't a useful metric for estimating sales.

Last edited:

MirageMew2

Miles Morales is such a better game than SM1 it’s not even funny. Lack of MJ stealth sections alone put it in the stratosphere above SM1, then you get into the actual setting, more fleshed out Harlem, better swinging and venom traversal and it’s like what are we even talking about here? I still go back and forth between the two but the absolute only things SM1 has over MM is the costumes and the villains.

Also I’m pretty sure PC is the only platform you can directly purchase SM1 whereas PS5 it’s only included with Miles Morales copies.

Last edited:
Sony's PC pricing is nuts. All these games are old games releasing at full price. I'll take another look at the game when it hits $20 or less like their other PC releases. It should have launched at $40 on Steam and in a much better state. Until then I can play it on my PS3 again for free.

RafterXL

Returnal has legs, it is not like those other games where you play through once. I wouldn't worry about it, it will grow over time.

Biker game, does not deserve nearly as much
The delusion concerning Returnal is hilarious. Pre-Release it was going to be this huge thing because PC gamers appreciate these kinds of games and it fell flat on it's face. Now it has legs?..No, it has no legs, and it's 100% not growing. It doesn't matter how many times you can play through it, it straight up bombed and has less than 1/10 of people playing today than it did on it's abysmal launch. It's the "fetch" of the Sony catalog and no matter how much you want it to catch on it's never going to happen.

And that "Biker game" that you all like to shit on actually has legs and been a far bigger hit for Sony on PC than Returnal will ever be. Two years later and it's peak player count is as high as Returnals was at launch and a month later it's significantly higher.

Also I’m pretty sure PC is the only platform you can directly purchase SM1 whereas PS5 it’s only included with Miles Morales copies.

You just explained why MM sold so much better on PS than PC, comparatively. The only reason why I even own MM is because I couldn't get the remaster otherwise. People on PC had the choice and it's clear which game they wanted more. To most people Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

You were stating that people don't care for Miles Morales. I said you were wrong. That's where my beef lies with your statement.
The numbers don't lie. Miles sold significantly less copies on both platform and even the PS sales of Miles were inflated by Sony locking the Spider-Man remaster behind it.

Significantly less people care about Miles than Peter Parker.

Strategize

I really don't get what happened, this should've been ready to go months ago to launch in the middle of the show hype. In the long run it'll do fine, it's TLOU on PC, but they missed the perfect chance to capitalize on the boom period.

mckmas8808

Banned
The numbers don't lie. Miles sold significantly less copies on both platform and even the PS sales of Miles were inflated by Sony locking the Spider-Man remaster behind it.

Significantly less people care about Miles than Peter Parker.

LIES!

Back in February of 2022, it was the 3rd highest-grossing game by Sony in America in Playstation history. God of War and the original Spiderman game were the only ones to beat it. So to suggest significantly less people care about Miles is odd.

Miles Morales is a spin-off character, so no one should assume his game would sell more. But selling around 12 to 13 million copies is extremely good for MM. And he's heavily featured in Spiderman 2.

Fake

LIES!

Back in February of 2022, it was the 3rd highest-grossing game by Sony in America in Playstation history. God of War and the original Spiderman game were the only ones to beat it. So to suggest significantly less people care about Miles is odd.

Miles Morales is a spin-off character, so no one should assume his game would sell more. But selling around 12 to 13 million copies is extremely good for MM. And he's heavily featured in Spiderman 2.

Was Miles Morales game come with free Marvel Spider-Man remastered?

Tomi

This is just extra cash for Sony, they earned millions and millions on tlou franchise so far, and every copy sold is extra $ profit

Top Bottom