• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us remake: What would you add or change?

Fx Everything GIF by Snowfall

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
deff add in the dodge, the prone....joel doesnt feel like the kind of guy to prone, the dodge would be wack if added in. The original game was supposed to have it but due to ps3 constraints it was scrapped.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Do we really need a remake...?
I mean a remaster ok why not, but a remake...

So yeah hum just upgrade it to TLOU2 engine... having a hard time thinking of anything else as I really don't get why they are making a remake... waste of ressources...
I don't think you understand much like how Jaffe and even Jason saying this week, its safe to do it, not a lot of money will go into it and it will be a guarantee success with the show coming out as well. Its going to have low overhead and high profits, especially everyone will want to play as Joel again.

My idea for the TLOU remake is..... kill every single human being in the world at the end of the story so that aren't any remaining characters and no reason for that disgrace that is TLOU2

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
As read by IntentionalPun IntentionalPun , it makes since that they'll prepare their engine for PS5, exploring all the tech around it, while making money instead of wasted R&D. So in that sense it doesn't hurt. Would buy it myself as never played it except once since 2014.
I dunno; you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The HBO series is coming next year so they probably want to release this near that.

But they could either do a third game or a new story in the same universe. I'd rather than then a remake that has already has a remaster.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Mechanically the sequel is just way better and more iterated. Bring that in, and upgrade the visuals and audio mix to PS5 standards and leave it at that.

VulcanRaven

But they could either do a third game or a new story in the same universe. I'd rather than then a remake that has already has a remaster.
It will take them years to make TLOU3 and they are very early in the production if they are even making it. I wouldn't be suprised if their next game was a new IP. Sony probably wants to release something with the series so a remake is easy to do. It could be made by a smaller team.

I swear to God, if it turns out to be true ...

What an idiotic thing to do.

90% of what is good with the game is related to the acting/performance

Even if they only swap character models, it will be like seeing differenct actors portraying those same characters that we love.

Imagine having Brando in The Godfather digitally replaced by another actor. Same lines, same voice, acting, but different face, would still be pretty fucking weird.

Not saying that it would be worse, just different. But is it really necessary?
I wouldn't worry about them using the actors from the TV series. They will probably use the character models seen in TLOU2.

Last edited:

iorek21

Aside from gameplay and graphics, I can't see any other addition that would do any good to the original game.

I mean, the most obvious thing they could do is add more chapters to the game, but TLOU1 already has a great pacing and increasing its length will do no good (just look at TLOU2 terrible pacing).

I think this is one of the only examples of a remake/remaster that I seriously hope that's made up of only graphical/gameplay/QoL changes.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
- 100% Graphic overhaul. Needs to look BETTER than TLOU 2. Not just as good. Needs to be a NEXT GEN game.

- Update it to have TLOU 2 combat.

Thats it. The rest of the game is perfect.

The only game better is the sequel.

any changes should be purely graphics/performance/qol

but no doubt Druckmann will change shit about to bring the crazy level up to Part 2 and suck off Jim Ryan to get the original version delisted from the PS store.

Last edited:
This remake, if it actually exists, is a total waste of development time and resources. This is a story-driven game that you can already play on PS5.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Make it after the live action series because a remake/remaster of the original doesn't need to happen.

There was the leak about The Last of Us remake. Let's assume that its true and they are making it. What you would like to see in the remake? Should they use The Last of Us 2 gameplay and add dogs or should it be close to the original? I hope they use things from TLOU2 but the cutscenes shouldn't be changed much. They need to keep the original voice acting. I'm not sure if a remake is needed but I admit that it would be cool to see the cutscenes with TLOU2 graphics

They will probably use the character models we saw in TLOU2:
Screenshot-2020-05-06-at-15.24.18-768x413-1.jpg
Why everyone thinks they're gonna use TLOU 2 graphics? If they're going to make a remake wouldn't they make it with the tech availy (PS5)? It would be so weird to announce a remake for the PS4 to be honest.

I swear to God, if it turns out to be true ...

What an idiotic thing to do.

90% of what is good with the game is related to the acting/performance

Even if they only swap character models, it will be like seeing differenct actors portraying those same characters that we love.

Imagine having Brando in The Godfather digitally replaced by another actor. Same lines, same voice, acting, but different face, would still be pretty fucking weird.

Not saying that it would be worse, just different. But is it really necessary?
Difference face? Dafuq. Why do you think they would change their faces?

VulcanRaven

Why everyone thinks they're gonna use TLOU 2 graphics? If they're going to make a remake wouldn't they make it with the tech availy (PS5)? It would be so weird to announce a remake for the PS4 to be honest.
They will probably make it look like TLOU2 remaster(I'm sure its coming) and release them together. It would make sense that they would want them to look exactly the same.

Difference face? Dafuq. Why do you think they would change their faces?
I don't think they would do it but Insomniac did it with Spider-Man remastered. :D

Last edited:

sainraja

Do we really need a remake...?
I mean a remaster ok why not, but a remake...

So yeah hum just upgrade it to TLOU2 engine... having a hard time thinking of anything else as I really don't get why they are making a remake... waste of ressources...
My initial thoughts were the same but I think it'd be nice to get the original with the updated gameplay systems.

Warablo

They are either gonna make Joel and Ellie extremely unlikeable to fit in with TLOU 2 or be swapping genders and races to fit in with the HBO series.

Last edited:

saintjules

After playing the OG and the initial remaster, to justify a remake, these are some thoughts of mine:

• This need to be a graphics showcase. One to set the bar high for the power of the PS5 in the early years of the generation. Nothing less than dynamic 4k/60fps with some form of RT (if possible). Maybe we can get some early stages of photorealism?
  • Borrow some ideas of FFVIIR! Take certain scenes, especially death related ones and re-envision them. Extend them. Really tug on the heartstrings of the Player. Show me a more harsh death of characters for instance.
  • Merge the "Left Behind" DLC into the main story.
  • Some people on Reddit wrote of some theories of what might have happened to Bill. We don't know what happens to Bill after Joel and Ellie leave Bill's Town, but I'd like to see more. And of the events with what happened in the town prior.
  • I loved Sam & Henry. Maybe implementing some of their lore prior to them meeting Joel and Ellie. I'd also like to see the possibility of controlling these Characters if there's flashback events leading up to the present moment(s). Same goes for Bill.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
I played the PS4 remaster on my PS5 pretty recently.
Nothing needs to be changed. It still 'holds up' just fine.

I'm sure this new remake will be embarrassing cringe.
I hope it's a commercial failure.
The physical version will likely ship with 'sratch and sniff' Neil Druckmann jizz on the cover because he wanted everyone to experience this absolute wankfest.

Hoddi

I don't get the hubbub. As long as it has upgraded graphics then I'm fine with it.

I don't think I've ever seen people care so much about a remake before. And my two favorite films are Robocop and Total Recall.

Renozokii

I question if this rumor is actually real.

Why remake a PS3 game that had a PS4 remaster that runs on the PS5?

IMO, remaking the game is waste of resources. The PS4 remaster is perfectly fine and the game doesn't need a remake.
I mean we’ve heard in every leak about the game the reason it’s happening. A new studio wanted to prove themselves. Naughty dog didn’t have anything to do really and wanted to wind down with a remake which doubles as a way to keep on more staff rather than downsizing.
There’s also an HBO show about the game coming, the remake will boost the show up and the show will boost the remake up. It’s pretty smart.
Finally the last of us is one of the best games ever made. However it’s gameplay is kind of booty cheeks, especially compared to the sequel. So we get one of the best games ever made combined with one of the best game engines and combat systems ever made. Sounds like a dream come true, still unsure why people are upset about this. Still salty about the last of us 2?

Salz01

Really wish they would leave it alone. It’s great as it is. They don’t need two versions of this game. If they change anything, let them change the factions map rotation and take out ‘downtown’. I hate that fucking map. Also include the ability to auto bleed out. I hate getting tea bagged when the fuckers won’t kill me and my group is too chicken shit to come revive me.

SpokkX

This remake is such a stupid idea... the game is a mediocre linear simple stealth/3rd person shooter at its heart (with an amazing story)

if I were to play this game again they would basically have to rip out the entire game and replace it

llLeonhart

Gold Member
I would probably change the game itself.

TLOU doesn't need a remake.

TLOU2 maybe needs one just to patch the stupidity of the whole story.

Top Bottom