• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Oricru - trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Publisher Prime Matter and developer GoldKnights have released the Gamescom 2021 trailer for third-person action RPG The Last Oricru.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About
The Last Oricru is an action RPG, that puts you in the middle of ongoing conflict under the protective shield on the otherwise abandoned planet. Your decisions bring interesting twists into the gameplay as you can heavily influence the conflict and its outcome. You will experience hundreds of intense fights in a brutal medieval sci-fi world, where every action has its consequences. Level up your hero and improve your skills before facing one of many boss fights.
Key Features
  • Intriguing Story – In the world of The Last Oricru the advanced technology is mostly forgotten. The last remains are perceived as magical objects and only a few chosen ones can be used. Some of the advanced technology such as Cradle of Life, can be used by The Last Oricru only.
  • Impactful Decisions – Massive decision tree in which your decisions lead to a different outcome, affecting story, characters, game endings but also visuals of levels or the gameplay flow. Every action, sub-quest or death can affect your reputation with each faction. There are multiple ways to play through The Last Oricru—befriend everyone or be the bad guy with all the consequences.
  • Challenging Combat – The combat is complex and aims to create a tough but rewarding experience. You will encounter various mass fights, in which you can influence already raging battles – take down enemy soldiers or come to their aid. Melee and ranged attacks, elemental damage (magic) and weight management offers a wide range of customization. Be prepared to die… A lot!
  • Couch Cooperative Play – The game offers many situations that can be solved in co-op differently than in the single player. You can find new fun ways of how to win in boss fights or reach special secret areas. At the end of the day, combat is the bread and butter of any RPG so if you for example play as a melee tank, while the second player plays a magic support, you will enjoy tens of awesome hours of shared fun!
The Last Oricru is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam in 2022.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ahh, The Game Awards 2021 is almost here and to celebrate it Microsoft has release quite a few demo versions of indie games that most likely will be featured somehow during the show. Let's join the celebration by check few of them when we await for TGA21 to begin. Please enjoy this The Last Oricru TGA21 Demo Xbox Series S Gameplay.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Last Oricru launches on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S on October 13, 2022. Watch the latest trailer for this upcoming third-person action RPG for a look at its sci-fi world.

The Last Oricru puts you in the middle of an ongoing conflict between two races, on a partly terraformed planet, isolated from outer space by a protective barrier.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Last Oricru is not a game I would generally recommend. For every thing I really liked, there were at least two or three adjacent blunders making my eyes roll into the back of my skull. While the negatives and positives do end up mostly canceling each other out for me, I’m not going to sit here and say it’s a complete failure or does nothing well.

But given that it exists in a sea of other similar games where it so often fails to keep its head above the water let alone compete with the bigger successes of the genre, it’s a pretty tough sell. Hardcore souls-borne fans that consume every game that comes their way might enjoy it’s distinct art direction and steady progression, but upon comparing it to any other similar game they will likely walk away feeling neutral about it at best. To me, The Last Oricru basically embodies mediocrity. It’s not strikingly bad, nor is it what I would call good. It mostly lives on a very fine line between the two, only occasionally leaning towards one side or the other.

Last edited:
Top Bottom