• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - Everything We Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a weirdo who spoils everything so I don't mind this. Also OP, there's a couple of corrections and additions to make. Dubious Food can't actually make Link Sick. Also, When Shield Surfing Friction matters, you can't actually slide around on rock or anything, so you have to jump and paraglide over stone. In addition, a number of item drops have overworld utility or can be affected only in the overworld than a menu such as the various Chu Jellies which link must strike or affect using the elements.

I'm REALLY hoping that in major towns that there is a blacksmith that can forge weapons for you that have better durability than random ones. Maybe you can bring materials to him to forge weapons.

I want claymore 24/7 brehs

I'm REALLY hoping that in major towns that there is a blacksmith that can forge weapons for you that have better durability than random ones. Maybe you can bring materials to him to forge weapons.

Not sure that's going to happen. The entire core loop of the game relies on the low durability of weapons.

Same seal is seen next to Link and the red headed Gerudo woman when they're staring at the giant camel downed in the desert.

It might even be a character more than a mount.

Those rupees have to be put to good use. From the treehouse footage we've seen I am a little worried that they might be as important as in other games since you can get weapons, armor, clothes, and food in the wild. I wonder what will be this game's Biggoron Sword.

I'm pretty sure you'll eventually get an unbreakable form of each weapon.

Probably only at end game I'd hope. The Core mechanics of combat are good, but it's the low durability behind everything that ties it together and allows it to stand apart from other combat systems.

Speely

Banned
Not directly related to the topic, but close enough:

The combat in this game looks to be so, SO fucking good compared to most other open-world titles imo. Keeping the physics consistent in and out of combat will probably make the world feel a lot more cohesive, as well.

Just watching some of the combat footage outside of slaughtering Bokoblins on the plateau fills me with hype. Guardians look deadly, as do shrine mini-bosses to a lesser extent.) Link seems vulnerable to quick death if you take the wrong approach. This, combined with mounted and shield-boarding combat, opens up so many possibilities imo, and it honestly looks like it controls very well.

I am going to fight all the things. ALL THE THINGS.

Not directly related to the topic, but close enough:

The combat in this game looks to be so, SO fucking good compared to most other open-world titles imo. Keeping the physics consistent in and out of combat will probably make the world feel a lot more cohesive, as well.

Just watching some of the combat footage outside of slaughtering Bokoblins on the plateau fills me with hype. Guardians look deadly, as do shrine mini-bosses to a lesser extent.) Link seems vulnerable to quick death if you take the wrong approach. This, combined with mounted and shield-boarding combat, opens up so many possibilities imo, and it honestly looks like it controls very well.

I am going to fight all the things. ALL THE THINGS.

The combat to me oddly reminds me of The Evil Within or RE4 for some reason. Maybe it's the pacing or something but I can't pin down exactly why I feel that way.

Can't wait to suplex a Lizalfos.

Well maybe it's the mix of Melee and Ranged with the Stamina bar and how you are set up against enemies that can one shot you with some crowds. You use arrows to knock down enemies and melee to combo, bombs to crowd control, elemental arrows for specific enemies or to set up other combos like in TEW.

Zelda isn't entirely combat focused like RE4 or TEW are, so I don't expect to be nearly as good as those games in that regard but I think it's worth point out how this Zelda has seemed to improve the combat to a nice level of Depth.

Also, I may be wrong on this but didn't a gamespot dude say he parried an arrow?

Machina

Banned
Notables:

- You can be struck by Lightning (especially if you're wearing metal).....WUT

- Miyamoto and Aonuma were both involved in this game at a very hands on level, no more Nintendogs BS from Shigeru, I'm looking forward to it

- Epona is present, alongside a million other horses. It's gonna be interesting what they're gonna do to make us tell her apart from the rest (thereisonlyone)

- Rupees are much more akin to a real currency now. Limited to commerce and probably small chests, but harder to find than before

- The physics in this game look like they're going to be insane in practice

- Giveittome

I'm a weirdo who spoils everything so I don't mind this. Also OP, there's a couple of corrections and additions to make. Dubious Food can't actually make Link Sick. Also, When Shield Surfing Friction matters, you can't actually slide around on rock or anything, so you have to jump and paraglide over stone. In addition, a number of item drops have overworld utility or can be affected only in the overworld than a menu such as the various Chu Jellies which link must strike or affect using the elements.

Added :)

Maybe you should add horse info to the op.

Such as?

I added everything Ive heard about them so far.

Hmmmm.

I think I recall seeing that shields have durability too right? I guess this means that like with Skyward Sword the end game one will be
the Hylian shield.

Baleoce

• The game will feature traditional dungeons; however the exact number of them is not known

Phew, I'm much more at ease knowing this. A big open world, with tons of mini dungeons and some traditional full scale dungeons as well sounds amazing.

Abelard

This is the best game I will never play (at least, for a while).

Everything just sounds amazing, I want this so bad hnnnnnnng.

All of this info is lovely, but did you remember the power to stop time lets you do THIS:

qV4V2wu.gif

Notables:

- You can be struck by Lightning (especially if you're wearing metal).....WUT

- Miyamoto and Aonuma were both involved in this game at a very hands on level, no more Nintendogs BS from Shigeru, I'm looking forward to it

- Epona is present, alongside a million other horses. It's gonna be interesting what they're gonna do to make us tell her apart from the rest (thereisonlyone)

- Rupees are much more akin to a real currency now. Limited to commerce and probably small chests, but harder to find than before

- The physics in this game look like they're going to be insane in practice

- Giveittome

Skip to 1:15 in this video

Looks like enemies drop rupees.

I think my only major concern left for the game really enemy variety as we only know around 25 enemy types so far. Twillight Princess had nearly 100 enemies.

Also, going by the Opal's updated description it seems Water Arrows or the Water Elemental Type might be a thing.

But do we know that is a Rupee? This game reportedly has a ton of items, so it could be anything really - but if it ends up being a Rupee - I'll update the OP :)

It's absolutely a rupee. There are multiple rupees on the ground in that encampment.

That being said, I wouldn't necessarily update the OP, because Aonuma did say they'd be harder to come by last E3 than in previous Zelda games. So, who knows.

Fanuilos

It would be pretty cool if there's a different blacksmith for each race that can make a permanent weapon representing their race. Like a goron hammer, zora daggers or short sword, gerudo spear, etc.

All of this info is lovely, but did you remember the power to stop time lets you do THIS:

qV4V2wu.gif

Awesome! Added :)

I forgot enemies can ride horses too. This game is insane!

Added :)

I posted this in a different thread. Mainly about how subtle the music is
when the tower uploads the local info its

"Chest open get item" sound for OoT
Even when the map appears it makes the duh duh duh duuuuuuh

Great catch!

I think my only major concern left for the game really enemy variety as we only know around 25 enemy types so far. Twillight Princess had nearly 100 enemies.

I wouldn't doubt that we will see all the classic enemy types, as well as a smattering of new ones - the mini-bosses and main bosses should be mostly new.

It's absolutely a rupee. There are multiple rupees on the ground in that encampment.

That being said, I wouldn't necessarily update the OP, because Aonuma did say they'd be harder to come by last E3 than in previous Zelda games. So, who knows.

Gotcha.

It would be pretty cool if there's a different blacksmith for each race that can make a permanent weapon representing their race. Like a goron hammer, zora daggers or short sword, gerudo spear, etc.

That is a great idea!

13ruce

Banned

Also, going by the Opal's updated description it seems Water Arrows or the Water Elemental Type might be a thing.

Wait a sec Twilight Princess had 100 different enemy designs!? Never noticed it were that much tbh.

Cross post from the other thread

OT will be full of these conversations:

"I discover a cave near Bridge of Eldin. There is a [rare weapon] inside!" "What! I need to go there!" "Holy f**k, I need that!"

"There is a treasure chest inside the Dead Mountain crater, how I can go there?" "Well, first you need this... then..." "Wait what, you can do that? I get there through ... instead! (Mind blown)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom