• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD | Switch VS Wii | Trailer Comparison

Umbasaborne

Banned
LOL.

Not even Activision is this greedy. They give you 3 games like this for $40:
ihr9fcel0ll31.png
It does look bad, its almost un defendable (nintendo fans would defend reggie kicking them in the nuts)

jaysius

Banned
I have a problem liking Zelda these days because resetera loves it so much

They're so fucked up on Zelda, when I posted a very honest post about Nintendo not giving a fuck about it's key IPs and releasing half assed ports... the morons gave me a week long ban for "Platform warring" ffs. People responded with the mongoloid school ground "obvious troll" retort.

Truth isn't allowed over at REEEEE unless you're talking about pronouns and which animal you feel like you are.

This video comparison is pretty rotten.

What's known as one of the worse Zelda games, and for a more expensive price than original.

Nintendo needs to REMASTER fucking ground textures, for a game in 2021, that's inexcusable.... except when it's Nintendo.

The Spyro and Crash remasters are perfect examples of what value for money means today... not this half ass bullshit money grab.

Last edited:

SantaC

They're so fucked up on Zelda, when I posted a very honest post about Nintendo not giving a fuck about it's key IPs and releasing half assed ports... the morons gave me a week long ban for "Platform warring" ffs. People responded with the mongoloid school ground "obvious troll" retort.

Truth isn't allowed over at REEEEE unless you're talking about pronouns and which animal you feel like you are.

This video comparison is pretty rotten.

What's known as one of the worse Zelda games, and for a more expensive price than original.

Nintendo needs to REMASTER fucking ground textures, for a game in 2021, that's inexcusable.... except when it's Nintendo.

The Spyro and Crash remasters are perfect examples of what value for money means today... not this half ass bullshit money grab.
Well said. Exactly what I think of era and their love for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Komatsu

Oh God can we please forget about the other forum? Nothing against them but it’s time to let it go.

Like most Nintendo half-arsed ports, it will sell like gangbusters thus validating their latest business decisions.

Serouj2000

Oh, ok. Silly me.
Now that I know activision sold 3 remakes for less than what Nintendo is charging for a single basic remaster it totally changes things!
A remaster we know nothing of other than the fact that it makes it HD, doubles the framerate, and adds amiibo support? Like, sure, that could be all that it is, but we can't tell for sure. The game is 5 months away, and remember. (<)5 months is also the timegap between the switch's form factor and name reveal and its release.

Serouj2000

(If a link between worlds is 3D, then all but Adventure of Link are as well, in terms of mainline games)

Last edited:

Synless

(If a link between worlds is 3D, then all but Adventure of Link are as well, in terms of mainline games)
No, they are not 3D, the rest use sprites. Just because the camera angle was top down doesn’t suddenly mean it wasn’t the first 3D (It’s all Polygons) Zelda at 60fps.

Serouj2000

No, they are not 3D, the rest use sprites. Just because the camera angle was top down doesn’t suddenly mean it wasn’t the first 3D (It’s all Polygons) Zelda at 60fps.
Then 3D aesthetic, not 3D perspective, what I usually think about when someone says "3D game"

fart town usa

Gold Member
In my opinion, if you have access to the WiiU, just get Sykward Sword for $20 on the eShop, it looks quite jaggy on a modern TV but if you can stomach playing it on the gamepad, you'll be treated to a gorgeous game. Controls work good too when utilizing the game pad. I will say though, you'll need to buy a stand or construct something. The WiiU gamepad doesn't stand up on it's own.

edit- after skimming through the video I'm gonna say something dumb and claim that Skyward Sword on the WiiU gamepad is the best looking version. The HD version looks like it brings clarity but it seems to lose the painting look that Nintendo was aiming for. On the gamepad the game really does look like a painting/cartoon. It's fantastic. Obviously the WiiU doesn't have the alternate controls but who knows how those will feel. The way the enemies are designed, you can't really just spam attacks because they'll block you.

At the end of the day though, I don't think Skyward Sword HD is going to receive a good reaction when it's released. It has some fantastic elements but the game goes over the top in terms of padding/back tracking and it really brings the game down. The 10/10 scores are absurd, it's a 7.5 at best IMO, for everything it does right there's 3 things that are awful. It also plays more like Metroid in terms of exploration than it does a traditional Zelda. Not necessarily bad but I can see people being put off by it considering how BOTW is.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Never played this one so looking forward to it
If I can give some advice as someone who hated the game when it first released but recently revisited it back in December. Be patient when playing it. The game is a slog starting off and can feel downright boring for the first few hours. I took my time with it and didn't force myself to play it, I actually had a great experience with it. It's a super divisive title for good reasons but it has some absolutely fantastic dungeons in it. The desert/mine area is really awesome and has such a cool mechanic that I won't spoil. If you do get it just take your time, I hope you enjoy it!

fart town usa

Gold Member
I've given my thoughts in this thread on the game but I also wanted to point out some of the absolutely beautiful music. Grooseland is easily my favorite. The sense of melancholy that it gives off is palpable and overall, SS has some of the best music in any Zelda game. The cutscene in which this theme plays is legitimately funny. The video doesn't have the scene, just the music.

Ten_Fold

I’m gonna buy it because I never finished the game on the wii, but they shouldn’t charge $60 for a very basic ass port, I mean at least add like another small area that could somehow tie into BOTW 2 or something worth wild, I mean we will probably get a Zelda collection as well this year charging $60 with more games and all in HD, come on Nintendo pls stop being lazy.

Top Bottom