• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Mr. Aonuma Gameplay Demonstration

Draugoth

Gold Member

Nintendo has officially announced a Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Switch OLED console. It launches in April, ahead of the game the following month

FsUAE8AaMAAHIa4

A The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom themed Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Carrying Case will also launch alongside the game on May 12th.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
tl;dw notes

- Development is complete and it's very much BOTW again with new stuff
- Yes, weapon durability is still in
- New abilities: Fuse and Ultrahand, stick objects together to create new weapons and objects, loads of combinations to try - stone hammers, mushroom shield, makeshift vehicles
- Rocks will fall from the sky and you use an ability called recall to get yourself to sky islands. Not the only way
- New ability: Ascend, can go straight through ceilings to quickly reach the top of areas
- Special edition Switch OLED April 28th

Poppyseed

You can do basic things in some idiotic tedious way! Look how creative we are!
I do worry about that a bit. I don’t want to spend ages crafting a vehicle to go to a sky island. I also don’t want to waste that time only to find I have it pointing the wrong way when I smack the fan - and have it run out of power. That said, it was mentioned in the video there are multiple ways to get to sky islands.

Also, this game is a creative gamer’s dream come true.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I like the trailer hell I remember pre ordering months ago, it’s fresh and will be great. You can laugh at things like fusing weapons and jumping through ceilings but the Zelda series is coming full circle and you owe it to yourself to play this game.

SCB3

That all looks incredible! I'm super curios on what I can make and fuse together

Nothing about Shrines though, I assume they're back but you'd think it would be featured a bit.

Also that Switch OLED, I still run a Launch Switch, its almost making me want it, that Pro Controller is a must but however

Pelao

It looks cool, but it really feels like an expansion rather than a sequel. Still, Breath of the Wild is one of my favorite games of all time, despite not being a huge Zelda fan, so getting more of the same doesn't bother me in this case.

Spaceman292

Banned
Looks VERY similar to BOTW. Before he went up to the floating islands it literally looked identical. It'll probably be great, because the first one was great, but SIX YEARS?? HOW?

Seems like Zelda has the same problem as Pokemon. It's still basically fun but it's falling further and further behind today's technology. Seems like they've been at a stand still since 2014.

Last edited:

tkscz

tl;dw notes

- Development is complete and it's very much BOTW again with new stuff
- Yes, weapon durability is still in
- New abilities: Fuse and Ultrahand, stick objects together to create new weapons and objects, loads of combinations to try - stone hammers, mushroom shield, makeshift vehicles
- Rocks will fall from the sky and you use an ability called recall to get yourself to sky islands. Not the only way
- New ability: Ascend, can go straight through ceilings to quickly reach the top of areas
- Special edition Switch OLED April 28th
I'd assume recall can be used for more but that's all they've shown us. I wonder if the old abilities will return. Really hoping for a form of the hookshot to return, would make island hoping horizontally easier.

Top Bottom