• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Mr. Aonuma Gameplay Demonstration

MagnesD3

Here is what one of our writers wrote in regards to her impressions of the 10 minute Zelda ToTK gameplay demo. (This is written by Faith Lane, one of my staff, she is an avid Nintendo fan)

That is confusing.. did she already play through it and beat it? It reads like that if not.

That is confusing.. did she already play through it and beat it? It reads like that if not.
Thank you for your honest feedback. She is a new writer and was wanting to write about Zelda. I'll ask her about it and see where she was coming from when she wrote this, or rather what her exact thought process was. It seems that she needs a lot more guidance than I imagined.

Last edited:
Here is what one of our writers wrote in regards to her impressions of the 10 minute Zelda ToTK gameplay demo. (This is written by Faith Lane, one of my staff, she is an avid Nintendo fan)

Did she play the full game or is she just talking out of her ass though?

"Much shorter game than Botw"??

Yeah, I am not sure where that came from. I'll have a chat. I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

She's probably assuming re-use of world map = shorter game because I doubt she got an early copy. She should make a distinction that there is less "new content due to reusing the map, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's any shorter than botw"

MagnesD3

Thank you for your honest feedback. She is a new writer and was wanting to write about Zelda. I'll ask her about it and see where she was coming from when she wrote this, or rather what her exact thought process was. It seems that she needs a lot more guidance than I imagined.
No problem, I was curious and halfway through I was like wait a minute is this a review, caught me off guard.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
She's probably assuming re-use of world map = shorter game because I doubt she got an early copy. She should make a distinction that there is less "new content due to reusing the map, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's any shorter than botw"
We don’t know how much of the map will be completely changed. Whole biomes could be different, areas reconfigured etc

Ok so I spoke to her - she said basically to me it's not really what she meant and she was comparing it to breath of the wild. According to Google main quest takes 49 hours or so. And roughly 189 hours for 100% in Breath of The Wild.

She then used this website as part of her research and came to that conclusion and worded it the way she did.

She agreed that her writing style poorly conveyed on what she tried to say.

I told her that if she ever plans to compare or contrast anything she needs to be much more thorough in her writing and explain exactly what and how it is being compared. Otherwise, it sounds like some opiniated gibberish with 0 factual evidence provided.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Well that's because you don't know where to hit. One hit is more than enough to teach an idiot with an attitude.
And I am an apologist for it because I can't stand uneducated, self entitled, disrespectful losers.
Which is by far the majority of the narcissistic population we have today.
Politeness doesn’t get you anywhere. All it does is make you a dormmat in their eyes.
I know it from experience.
But you do you and show your big brain by defending the person insulting the other one and still being antagonistic.
And just like that...he is gone. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. And learn what an insult is before you get yourself or someone else seriously and stupidly hurt.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Doesn't look much better than the Wii U original game. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 looks significantly better than this
Xenoblade 3 looks FANTASTIC but that game is not open world and its no where near as interactive as BotW and TotK.

Gambit2483

Doesn't look much better than the Wii U original game. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 looks significantly better than this
CzWxi8M.jpg

Get your shit fixed

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Nintendoh showing 2 new things is not building my hype meters at all

At least I know we got some stuff in store because I had exclusive access to the art book leak.
oh_i_get_it_chris_farley.gif

Danjin44

? graphics ARE art-style
Most people usually mean they care much more about art direction over tech side of graphics. For example I like Elden Ring's visual more than Horizon even tho it has less advance tech because I like its artstyle and atmosphere more than Horizon.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned

That's awesome confirms everyone's "This is just DLC" theory.

Who are these random hacks anyway? Never heard of them. Why are they getting access to Zelda and seemingly nobody else? This article is "sus" as the kids say.

EDIT: OH they wrote an ENTIRE ARTICLE on a VIDEO DEMO!!! ROFL!!! Keep up the amazing job random website! If that site keeps this shit up, they'll never get respect.

After doing more than a skim, that article reads like an AI generated trashpile. I didn't realize it was that easy to get paid for writing articles.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Most people usually mean they much more about art direction over tech side of graphics. For example I like Elden Ring's visual more than Horizon even tho it has less advance tech because I like its artstyle and atmosphere more than Horizon.
A matter of taste, Elden Ring and Horizon are going for different things. But art direction is essential to make even realistic cutting edge graphics look good! Stuff like pic related isn't just done automatically and that's why I hate the particular sentiment that a cartoony style art is inherently better than realistic graphics, because it'll always depend on how it's implemented. Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part II, for example, have strong art directions that will help the games hold up for years to come.
bAnFv1y.png

And Breath of the Wild doesn't really look good IMO, other stylish games like Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will age MUCH better.

Danjin44

A matter of taste, Elden Ring and Horizon are going for different things. But art direction is essential to make even realistic cutting edge graphics look good! Stuff like pic related isn't just done automatically and that's why I hate the particular sentiment that a cartoony style art is inherently better than realistic graphics, because it'll always depend on how it's implemented. Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part II, for example, have strong art directions that will help the games hold up for years to come.
bAnFv1y.png

And Breath of the Wild doesn't really look good IMO, other stylish games like Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will age MUCH better.
Art style is always subjective, especially games that have very distinct art direction have risk of not appealing to everyone.

That's awesome confirms everyone's "This is just DLC" theory.

Who are these random hacks anyway? Never heard of them. Why are they getting access to Zelda and seemingly nobody else? This article is "sus" as the kids say.

EDIT: OH they wrote an ENTIRE ARTICLE on a VIDEO DEMO!!! ROFL!!! Keep up the amazing job random website! If that site keeps this shit up, they'll never get respect.

After doing more than a skim, that article reads like an AI generated trashpile. I didn't realize it was that easy to get paid for writing articles.
They didn't get paid. It was a try out article. We did not end up keeping her permentatly.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I mean, yeah, that's where I was going.
For example: we have show like Odd Taxi.
MV5BYWE3YmU5NTEtYzExMC00OWY3LTg4ZTgtMTMyNDZhNmFlNGY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwNDUxODI@._V1_.jpg

it has very distinct artstyle that actually very important to its story but it not gonna appeal to everyone. Unique artstyle will always going have some push backs, it was the same with Wind Waker.

Last edited:

Danjin44

They copied Gravity Rush 2.

The falling sky of the trailer.
I love Gravity Rush series but man, you actively want people hate on Gravity Rush games.

You can love Gravity Rush, I love Gravity Rush but please stop pushing that game in every conversation.

In games like Just Cause you also fall from sky.

6CG1BQMm.gif

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I love Gravity Rush series but man, you actively want people hate on Gravity Rush games.

You can love Gravity Rush, I love Gravity Rush but please stop pushing that game in every conversation.

In games like Just Cause you also fall from sky.

6CG1BQMm.gif
okay Danji, just because I appreciate you.

:messenger_peace:

Lethal01

Picking what the enemies left on the ground is not the same as fusing weapons in the heat of the battle.

You're right fuse is actually easier, with getting items on the ground you either need to have a freespace in you inventory/an empty hand. if you don't you then have to open up your inventory and drop something or toss what you are holding,.

With fuse you enter the input and are guaranteed to get a new weapon, seems much more consistent.

KU_

This. It’s apparent there is still a lot of the game that hasn’t been revealed. Going back to those first trailers we saw of the underworld, I bet the game is as large in its “descent” as it is in its “ascent”. Meaning for as large as the sky world is, the underworld will be just as large. If so, that’s a massive world.
Nailed it.

Top Bottom