• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

maxcriden

This is NOT how you beat dragons xD
You'll have tons of trouble with the challenges later.

Edit: Hope that cleared all levels for you maxcriden.
Let me know whenever you need any help : )

Thank you so much!! And thank you Kinsei! I had a great time.

How the heck do you beat the dragons?

Zero_IYAD

Thank you so much!! And thank you Kinsei! I had a great time.

How the heck do you beat the dragons?
Anytime : )

Best way for me, don't use items, don't create a totem.
Try to avoid them by running around, wait for them to descend & attack their back.
If you have hammer wear & you're holding the hammer, you can KO a dragon in a single attack.
Or if you have the boomerang you can stun it.
Challenges will polish your skills & killing them will become easier.

maxcriden

Anytime : )

Best way for me, don't use items, don't create a totem.
Try to avoid them by running around, wait for them to descend & attack their back.
If you have hammer wear & you're holding the hammer, you can KO a dragon in a single attack.
Or if you have the boomerang you can stun it.
Challenges will polish your skills & killing them will become easier.

Oh man, I never realized they descended low enough to hit them. I must've been driving my teammates crazy in 8-4 Stage 3. Man oh man. Well, thank you for the tips! I will be hitting you up for some help with Challenges soon.

tumblr_nq2o6lc0Kp1s7widdo1_250.gif

Ok folks, I'm looking for a 3DS game and I'm a humongous Zelda fan. I've played every game outside of Triforce Heroes and loved Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures. However, with a 4 month old baby and my 3DS mostly being used during travel I find myself usually playing games offline and that I can easily put in standby mode and return to whenever I find time. I have time that I can play online at night but usually reserve that for time playing with my friends on a console.

All of that said, should I get Triforce Heroes? I have no friends to play it with, and would have to play online with strangers, if online at all. Can I enjoy the game single player (I mean truly enjoy, not just play)?

maxcriden

Ok folks, I'm looking for a 3DS game and I'm a humongous Zelda fan. I've played every game outside of Triforce Heroes and loved Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures. However, with a 4 month old baby and my 3DS mostly being used during travel I find myself usually playing games offline and that I can easily put in standby mode and return to whenever I find time. I have time that I can play online at night but usually reserve that for time playing with my friends on a console.

All of that said, should I get Triforce Heroes? I have no friends to play it with, and would have to play online with strangers, if online at all. Can I enjoy the game single player (I mean truly enjoy, not just play)?

I wouldn't recommend the SP, from what I've read about it and from my SP experience with FS Anniversary. But you will want to find a way to play this. Online. :)

I mean, you can try the game offline but it's just going to be missing a lot of the fun of the game, to me.

If you are looking for a mostly offline 3DS game, though, I think there are many others I'd recommend instead.

P.S. anyone wanna play some Zelda today?!

I wouldn't recommend the SP, from what I've read about it and from my SP experience with FS Anniversary. But you will want to find a way to play this. Online. :)

I mean, you can try the game offline but it's just going to be missing a lot of the fun of the game, to me.

If you are looking for a mostly offline 3DS game, though, I think there are many others I'd recommend instead.

P.S. anyone wanna play some Zelda today?!

I'm trying to decide between this and Pokemon ORAS basically. I like both franchises, but I absolutely love Zelda. Maybe I'll just go for it.

maxcriden

I'm trying to decide between this and Pokemon ORAS basically. I like both franchises, but I absolutely love Zelda. Maybe I'll just go for it.

If you do get it...please don't play SP without giving MP a shot first. I can all but guarantee SP will be a much lesser experience. Have you played all the other Zelda's available to you on 3DS?

-Zelda and Zelda II
-Link's Awakening
-the Oracle games
-the DS Zeldas
-LBW

I would strongly recommend any or all of those in SP before resorting to playing this one in SP instead of in the MP fashion (pun intended) for which it was designed and through which it shines.

If you do get it...please don't play SP without giving MP a shot first. I can all but guarantee SP will be a much lesser experience. Have you played all the other Zelda's available to you on 3DS?

-Zelda and Zelda II
-Link's Awakening
-the Oracle games
-the DS Zeldas
-LBW

I would strongly recommend any or all of those in SP before resorting to playing this one in SP instead of in the MP fashion (pun intended) for which it was designed and through which it shines.

Yup, I've played them all. Excluding the DS ones (which I didn't care for), I've played the others numerous times between their original releases and now.

I'm downloading it now, I'll hop on this afternoon and give multiplayer a shot first.

maxcriden

Yup, I've played them all. Excluding the DS ones (which I didn't care for), I've played the others numerous times between their original releases and now.

I'm downloading it now, I'll hop on this afternoon and give multiplayer a shot first.

Haha, fair enough. Please do stick to MP if possible to get the full splendor of the game...unless of course you do end up enjoying SP just as well! I just don't want it to be a slg for you when there are plenty of great SP games out there.

Once you beat the first world let me know and I can do some challenges with you. 😁

bart64

Banned

Being a humongous Zelda fan you probably finished It, but If not, make sure you do A Link Between Worlds. This is a nice game but it's kind of like four swords, Zelda without the magic sauce.

You still get the meat of it, a bunch of really clever dungeons with battle arenas and spacial puzzles, both in singe and mulit-player. I've played mostly online multi but the single player is probably more consistently fun--the totem machanic figures into just about every room and working things out on your own is less frantic, and you avoid all the lows of premature disconnection. Also, it's just faster and really slick in single player, you learn to juggle the dudes really quickly and become more efficient than anything possible with online strangers.

There is no epic story magic sauce that sends your imagination running, but there is more flavor than four swords. You have the yes-it's-good-enough-to-base-a-game-around totem mechanic with a magic sprinkling of equipment progression, chance, and humor. I would put at least a couple hours into the online becuase when you have the right team and you overcome a level you've all been attempting six or seven times, that's more exhilirating than saving the princess all alone, and it works long distance just as well.

maxcriden

Being a humongous Zelda fan you probably finished It, but If not, make sure you do A Link Between Worlds. This is a nice game but it's kind of like four swords, Zelda without the magic sauce.

You still get the meat of it, a bunch of really clever dungeons with battle arenas and spacial puzzles, both in singe and mulit-player. I've played mostly online multi but the single player is probably more consistently fun--the totem machanic figures into just about every room and working things out on your own is less frantic, and you avoid all the lows of premature disconnection. Also, it's just faster and really slick in single player, you learn to juggle the dudes really quickly and become more efficient than anything possible with online strangers.

There is no epic story magic sauce that sends your imagination running, but there is more flavor than four swords. You have the yes-it's-good-enough-to-base-a-game-around totem mechanic with a magic sprinkling of equipment progression, chance, and humor. I would put at least a couple hours into the online becuase when you have the right team and you overcome a level you've all been attempting six or seven times, that's more exhilirating than saving the princess all alone, and it works long distance just as well.

See to me, however up and down it can be, the real secret sauce in this game is the multiplayer experience itself. Figuring out how to traverse obstacles, puzzles and enemies and trying to communicate that hilariously and sometimes very frustratingly through the emojis just can't be beat IMO, and that is the crux of what makes the game special for me. I had the honor of playing with a couple GAFers the other day and it was a true pleasure.

bart64

Banned
See to me, however up and down it can be, the real secret sauce in this game is the multiplayer experience itself. Figuring out how to traverse obstacles, puzzles and enemies and trying to communicate that hilariously and sometimes very frustratingly through the emojis just can't be beat IMO, and that is the crux of what makes the game special for me. I had the honor of playing with a couple GAFers the other day and it was a true pleasure.
Totally agreed, I was trying to focus more on his question. The biggest advance here is the way you play with stangers, and how the puzzles become more about getting into other people's heads, and sometimes getting out of your own! Everything is more real, the hate, but also the victory is much sweeter. It's a new genre as far as I know, the online mulitplayer (more than two) puzzle game, and it's fun.

Bought the game, played a few hours. I really enjoy it but first impressions leave me unimpressed with the community. I either have gotten a unbelievably bad player, or someone who team kills and quits because I took an item they want.

Gonna keep at it, but damn are randoms annoying me already.

Bought the game, played a few hours. I really enjoy it but first impressions leave me unimpressed with the community. I either have gotten a unbelievably bad player, or someone who team kills and quits because I took an item they want.

The randoms get much much worse sadly :/. At first it was tolerable and around hitting the 5th level or so I had to just stop playing between all the pushy players and the vindictive ones.

I'm just waiting for one of my friends to feel like buying the game (he'd be our third) before trying again, although sometimes I get a wild hair and try anyway.

I really wish you could befriend other players you actually get along with.

TheMoon

I hope you're blacklisting them instantly.

I hope you're blacklisting them instantly.

I am. My favorite part is we both had the Kokiri Clothes, there were 2 bombs and 1 bow. They grabbed the bombs, so I grabbed the bow. Then they flipped out, kept pressing "item" and "no", then started throwing me around off cliffs and quit.

TheMoon

I am. My favorite part is we both had the Kokiri Clothes, there were 2 bombs and 1 bow. They grabbed the bombs, so I grabbed the bow. Then they flipped out, kept pressing "item" and "no", then started throwing me around off cliffs and quit.

What an idiot.

georly

Yay, finally beat it over thanksgiving break w/ my brothers. Good stuff, but now I need to get onto the challenges and 100%ing it. Might seek some help this weekend when I have some free time.

Good game though, top 5 of the year, super fun.

So when I'm in a good group I'm loving it. Solid loot drop gameplay loop and really fun puzzles.

I tried some single player while my son was down for a nap, and it's pretty iffy. It's sad how much better the single player could be if they just had the dopples follow you like in Four Swords Adventures.

TheMoon

Ver. 2.0.0 [Releasing12/02/15]

Version 2.0.0

• Den of Trials will be added.
  • Over 30 stages will be unlocked in the Den of Trials (each one goes progressively deeper underground).
  • 2 new outfits will be added.
  • These will be unlocked after clearing certain requirements in the game.
  • A new method for obtaining Friendly Tokens will be added.
  • Friendly Tokens can be obtained from the street vendor after Princess Styla’s curse has been lifted.
  • Miiverse stamps will be added.
  • Players with similar styles of play will be matched up (teamed up) more frequently during online play.
  • Users will be matched up with other players based on their answers to a series of questions prior to being matched up.
  • Users will be able to add other users to their blacklist if they exit the game through the pause menu during the game.
  • After their teammate exits the game, users will be able to add them to their blacklist by tapping the teammate’s Hero Panel and pressing the A (or B) button before saving the game.
  • Adjustments will also be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Click here for more information on the Den of Trials and new costumes.

update notes

zigg

Players with similar styles of play will be matched up (teamed up) more frequently during online play.
It'd be awesome if this meant that people who get mad about items and throw people off cliffs get matched with each other

narton

Looks like I'm gonna go ahead and finish single player before the update comes out. I've played some multiplayer online, and it was really fun.

Rodolink

Just got the game, its super fun playing local, and never managed to mantain a wifi connection for a single level (my wifi sucks), also is the only Zelda my girlfriend actually likes.
Is there a way to change link's color once a connection is stablished? she always wants to be the blue one, and my brother the red one.

TheMoon

Just got the game, its super fun playing local, and never managed to mantain a wifi connection for a single level (my wifi sucks), also is the only Zelda my girlfriend actually likes.
Is there a way to change link's color once a connection is stablished? she always wants to be the blue one, and my brother the red one.

color is based on the order you connect.

1=green (host)
2=blue (I think)
3=red (I think^^)

Since this is the place to ask this im thinking of picking this game up after i finish yo-kai watch and Xenoblade chronicles x so probably in January. So my question is how is it and how is the multiplayer and would it be owrth it to play by myself.

Rodolink

Since this is the place to ask this im thinking of picking this game up after i finish yo-kai watch and Xenoblade chronicles x so probably in January. So my question is how is it and how is the multiplayer and would it be owrth it to play by myself.

I just gotta say playing alone is a pain in the ass, so I don't recommend it. is made for multiplayer and thats it

TheMoon

Playing solo changes the way to approach puzzles and boss encounters completely in many cases. It becomes about managing the positioning of your Doppels and I find it highly rewarding. It's a completely different experience from co-op. The replay value here is kinda nuts.

Does anyone know what time this comes out at? Is it midnight Eastern? Or tomorrow morning?

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/z...e-scheduled-for-wednesdaythursday-patchnotes/

This update will come after some server maintenance, which will start a few minutes before it’s released. Here’s the time for this maintenance, which will impact all online services for the game:

Europe: 1.50AM to 3AM on Thursday, December 3rd
UK: 12.50AM to 2AM on Thursday, December 3rd
North America (ET): 7.50PM to 9PM on Wednesday, December 2nd
North America (PT): 4.50PM to 6PM on Wednesday, December 2nd
Japan: 9.50AM to 11AM on Thursday, December 3rd

I was completely against this game from the start. MP Zelda... Screw you Nintendo. No chat features... Die in a fire Nintendo!

I picked it up via digital and after playing an hour with randoms online...

This is my third favorite game of 2015 after Bloodborne and Witcher 3. This game is absolutely fantastic. The quick responses you can give completely cover what you are trying to say and it is absolutely great playing with random people and finishing a level feels epic.

Stupid I know but give this game and MP a try. It's amazing .

Whoever decided that hearts remaining was a good stat for the battle mode to decide a winner should be fired. Queen of hearts and playing passive and I won every match without much effort. Now if only the rare item drop rate wasn't so low >:[

Cindro

Very much looking forward to reading impressions - hopefully you don't have to do all 30+ den of trials challenges in the same session, though that's kind of how the press release reads. That would be a nightmare with randoms.

I'm curious as to what the unlock requirements are for the two new costumes, too.

El Odio

Banned
I'very been having terrible luck trying to complete the last mission o have for the woodlands which is beating the final level within the time limit. Between having to first vote on the stage and then the mission I hardly get a chance to try and when I do my teammates have no clue we hat to do.

Very much looking forward to reading impressions - hopefully you don't have to do all 30+ den of trials challenges in the same session, though that's kind of how the press release reads. That would be a nightmare with randoms.

I'm curious as to what the unlock requirements are for the two new costumes, too.

You don't have to all the challenges in one go, it saves after each level. You get the Linebeck costume using normal material. You have to reach the end of Area 9 to get the Fierce Deity costume.

Zero_IYAD

Reached the final area & I'm having no luck with a random team to beat the dragons.
I'll call it a day.
Hope someone is willing to help clear these last few floors with me tomorrow.

I don't like the "what type of player are you" thing. It splits the matchmaking up even further. Since that patch I'm having a much harder time finding players. Not only are there 9 possible playlists, but each is split in two now.

I don't like the "what type of player are you" thing. It splits the matchmaking up even further. Since that patch I'm having a much harder time finding players. Not only are there 9 possible playlists, but each is split in two now.

This is happening to me too sadly, for the first time I'm sitting and waiting a very long time to even connect with one person.

Zero_IYAD

38th floor, right? That's where I'm stuck too. People keep panicking and taking tons of damage.
Yup.
Lots of people really don't know how to deal with dragons!
I cleared all the stages up to this one with the same team, so we kept trying over & over.
A guy had the water rod & he kept creating water pillars making avoiding attacks much harder!
& yup, they freak out & keep losing hearts over & over!
I gave up on them & went to bed.
What's annoying me now is returning with another team, since they probably haven't reach +30 floors & I'll have to replay most stages with them to carry them where I am.

If any GAFers would like to clear the final area with me I'll be more than happy.
I'm free around 5 PM EST.

Zero_IYAD

Finally:

WVW69ioHrpgxZmt6Q9

This was a fun expansion since it's free.
Reminds me alot of the battle tower in ALBW.
That last floor battle tho!!
This was really hard & challenging!

Hoping we see more regular updates in the near future.
I'll be more than happy to pay for a new world just like the others, with challenges & everything : )

Joqu

This is happening to me too sadly, for the first time I'm sitting and waiting a very long time to even connect with one person.

I can't get matches anymore. I play at pretty bad times so I'm used to the wait but it's never been this bad. This is in Europe btw. :/

maxcriden

It's disconcerting to read that the new system has made it more difficult to get matches. I plan to dive in this weekend and tackle some drablands challenges. I still have most of them to complete. Anyone up for some online play?

-shadow-

No trouble getting matches, but the new lag is borderline unplayable. What the hell is up with Nintendo having fine connection before a patch and than completely screwing it up with a patch!?

Top Bottom