• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The long ladder in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is great and all, but here’s how to skip it

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

On Tuesday, speedrunner Apel at last figured out how to skip the long ladder climb in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. As Metal Gear fans well and truly know, this is one hell of a climb otherwise, so Apel’s discovery is a public service.

In the exploit, Solid Snake assumes a T-pose after some menu glitching and — presto! — swan dives into the room above the long ladder climb. This clip comes from the HD remake released in 2011 on PlayStation 3.

realcool

On Tuesday, speedrunner Apel at last figured out how to skip the long ladder climb in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. As Metal Gear fans well and truly know, this is one hell of a climb otherwise, so Apel’s discovery is a public service.

In the exploit, Solid Snake assumes a T-pose after some menu glitching and — presto! — swan dives into the room above the long ladder climb. This clip comes from the HD remake released in 2011 on PlayStation 3.

🎶RUNG LEAPERRRRRRRRRRR🎶

V4skunk

Banned

I don't understand? Your clip is from 2011 so what do you mean a speed runner just figured it out? Or is it as simple as I said and speed runner just used it for the first time in a speed run?

Solid Snake? C'mon...
Thought the same, but didn't want to be that guy :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Justice Judge GIF by truTV

VN1X

Banned
So what all the meme responses above me seem to miss is that, as far as I remember, this sequence was put in place to deal with loading the next area while also keeping the gameplay uninterrupted.

That was all bull then?

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Imagine skipping one of the most iconic moments in gaming history, heathens 🙈🙉🙊

Edit: speedrunning is fair game, otherwise...

Last edited:

Drew1440

So what all the meme responses above me seem to miss is that, as far as I remember, this sequence was put in place to deal with loading the next area while also keeping the gameplay uninterrupted.

That was all bull then?
For the PS2, no
This is the HD remaster which runs on the PS3, that streams from the HDD instead.

The Stig

Gosh darn it, you guys beat me to reciting the lyrics!

Who would skip this scene?!

oh, speedrunners. weirdos.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Praise be Saint Snake, who was resurrected in T-position. 🙏😇

Last edited:
Top Bottom