• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum launches May 25 for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC, later for Switch

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store on May 25, publishers Nacon and Daedalic Entertainment announced. The Switch version will follow later in 2023.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Anything but this please. Maybe a big action RPG starting off in the Shire and making the entire journey with Frodo and Sam to Mordor all the while having the party grow and shrink as characters come in and out of the story. The battle at the black gate, Osgiliath, walking through the dead marshes, the mines of Moria with the balrog, Minas Tirith... there is so much to mine for content. Hell, I'd rather play a LotR kart racer before this.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Looks like utter shit. Been screaming for an open world RPG in middle earth for years, and they let these clowns get the license to make this turd instead.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Finally a good LOTR game.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I am still amazed nobody at the project meeting stood up and said: “How many people want to play as a fucking little twat Gollum? Let’s have fucking dwarf berserkers instead!”.

Last edited:
Still doesn’t look great but I’m hoping for the best… mainly because I’m always happy to see a big game from Germany doing well.
On the other hand their CEO absolutely deserves another flop on his hands.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Learn more about the sound-design and music of the game in our penultimate Developer Diary.

Experience the untold story in The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™, a story-driven action RPG where our twisted protagonist is on a quest to regain the only thing precious to him. Torn by his fractured psyche, players will have to manage both Sméagol and Gollum on a journey that will take him across famous locales, revealing more about his time as a slave below the Dark Tower and his stray with the Elves of Mirkwood, as he interacts with iconic characters from the series.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ will be available May 25, 2023

Top Bottom