• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lords of the Fallen – new screenshots and details revealed

j0hnnix

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I'll wait for game play videos. Lords of the fallen bamboozled me.

tusharngf

I'm waiting for gameplay impressions. The gameplay felt bad in the first game, and it also felt bad in The Surge 1 (I haven't yet tried Surge 2). Regardless of how good the game looks, for me it all comes down to the feel of combat and movement. Witcher 3 is another example of a game firing on all cylinders except combat. I put a priority on gameplay in my action games.
surge combat was good. Movesets were pretty similar to bloodborne style play.

Kusarigama

Looks really good, need footage to better assess the game though.

FromSoftware badly needs to up its graphics technology. Being such a high profile studio it is shame that they get away with such bad graphics all due to the amazing artistical direction.

jonnyXx

These are the most obvious bullshots I've seen in a long time.
Don't know how anyone can believe these are actual gameplay capture.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Can't say I've huge expectations from this game. The first one was cool art-wise, but everything esle was shit and mediocre, and I mean literally everything else.

Hot5pur

These are likely very high res renders, but already kinda looks like that from trailers, just a bit more washed out.
The key is the art direction, very impressive, From Software should take notes.

It's a shame we've become so jaded when things like this come out. For good reason these days, and I've included myself in that. This looks so damn amazing I wish I could give in and feel hype, but I feel way more cautious than anything.

That said, if this WAS accurate and the gameplay was good then God damn what a blast this could be. This art style is so much more in line with DS and what I like compared to Elden Ring.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
People talk so big about From games but I'm sorry my friends they're not evolving enough and soon somebody is going to surpass them.

Okay, I get it, Lords of the Fallen 1 sucked big time crudola but how hard is it really going to be copy the Souls combat loop on their second attempt?

If they can get graphics half as good as those bullshots with similar combat they could just have could something here.

chris-farley-smirk.gif

leizzra

Nice bullshots, but they are only bullshots. Some of them should be named concept arts even - you can see brush strokes, inconsistency in quality of assets (huge beast is the best example - blood, saliva, body), the smoothness that only artworks have. Also they are clearly posed to look great. Most of what they show was in the so called trailer (clever montage) and you can compare it by yourself.

In the end people need to remember - it's CI Games, company that makes most of their stuff for stock market gains. They already closed their game development studios (the rest of what they had in Poland) and now are only a publisher. This won't launch in 2023. They will be hyping it for stock gains until they announce that the team needs more time and postpone it for 2024. Then they can do it again. The studio was founded in 2020. Also they are doing second project. How?

One thing that this proves (if anyone needed that) is that Spanish artists are great (I'm looking at you Lords of Shadow ;) ).

StueyDuck

People talk so big about From games but I'm sorry my friends they're not evolving enough and soon somebody is going to surpass them.

Okay, I get it, Lords of the Fallen 1 sucked big time crudola but how hard is it really going to be copy the Souls combat loop on their second attempt?

If they can get graphics half as good as those bullshots with similar combat they could just have could something here.

chris-farley-smirk.gif
The problem (at least for me personally) is that while clones are competent. They seem to lack the brilliant level design...

Now if you get the designer of talos 1 from prey to design the map for a souls clone i think we'd be In business

Rhazkul

Man, it must be so easy to fool gamers who have attention spans of a gold fish. They will have forgotten all the downgrades, they will have forgotten how bland Lords of the Fallen was...and they keep falling for the hype *rubs hands*.

Last edited:
Man, it must be so easy to fool gamers who have attention spans of a gold fish. They will have forgotten all the downgrades, they will have forgotten how bland Lords of the Fallen was...and they keep falling for the hype *rubs hands*.

Pretty much. Just look at some replies above. How are we still in 2023 and people still fall for the marketing gimmicks. If this was made by From Software, sure, I'd get hyped as well a bit, they'd still be bullshots, they've done as well but CI Games? Lmfao. Cmon. Has anyone even looked at what they developed in the past 10 years?

inb4 obligatory naive reply: "but but, that does not guarantee this will suck as well". Cmon..

Last edited:

GymWolf

Pretty much. Just look at some replies above. How are we still in 2023 and people still fall for the marketing gimmicks. If this was made by From Software, sure, I'd get hyped as well a bit, they'd still be bullshots, they've done as well but CI Games? Lmfao. Cmon. Has anyone even looked at what they developed in the past 10 years?

inb4 obligatory naive reply: "but but, that does not guarantee this will suck as well". Cmon..
Yeah dude but if we have to be serious and not excited for anything we can just close the forum...

There is nothing wrong in liking the artstyle and hope for the better, nobody is preordering without seeing at least a long gameplay video (i hope)

Last edited:
Top Bottom