• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mandalorian Season 2 - What's your wishlist? (Spoilers for Season 1)

GreyHorace

A second season The adventures of Baby Yoda and his Dad has been confirmed by Jon Favreau himself for Fall 2020. With that said, what's on your list of things you'd like to see next?

For me, I'd like:

THE-MANDALORIAN_MANDO-ASSEMBLES-HIS-CREW_EPISODE-7_STAR-WARS_CONCEPT-ART_.jpg

A third crewmember on the Razor Crest. While Mando and Baby Yoda as a pair works, it would be nice to have another crewmate with whom he can banter with. I liked the interactions he had with Cara Dune, Kuiil and even IG-11. A droid as a new crewmate would be a hoot just to show that Mando is still uncomfortable with the idea of droids even after IG-11 sacrificed himself. As an alternative though, the crewmate could be...

92de2b54438e24d7d3bbe29550ae9b6b.jpg

A recurring Jedi character. As far as we know, Luke is the only Jedi in the galaxy after the fall of the Empire (though Rebels confirms Ahsoka Tano is still alive by this time). But what if they introduce a new Jedi character who's been in hiding since the fall of the Republic? If this Jedi meets up with Mando, he would see the potential of Baby Yoda and would probably want to take him off the latter's hand. That would be a good source of drama and conflict. Mando would become wary of the Jedi's motives and wonder if they are the right people to take care of his charge.

Tagbink1-a.jpg

Tag and Bink. Let's have one episode with full on comedy. Better yet, let's get the creator of the fan film TROOPS Kevin Rubio to direct an episode featuring his bumbling pair of misfits from the comics. I heard Tag and Bink were supposed to have a cameo in Solo but were cut. This could be a nice way for Disney to make up for that.

boba-fett-mandalorian-600x400.jpg

Boba Fett. This would be big if Favreau could pull this off. It would Boba's first live action appearance since Return of the Jedi and a definite confirmation that he survived the Sarlacc Pit. And I'm sure Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) would be up to wearing the suit. Storywise, it'd be interesting to see how Mando would react to meeting this guy who his people have branded an imposter. And we'd get to see what Boba thinks of the Mandalorians in general. Not to mention the Empire is sure to hire him to recover the Child.

So how about it GAF? What else would you like to see in Season 2?

Pagusas

Elden Member
I want to see more new locations and fun charecters. More comedy and down to earth people, the show really made Star Wars feel more personable.

I want to see less super cringe worthy mandilorian lore/armor lady. Easily the worst part of the show and almost made me stop watching with how badly it was executed. Like how did they make those parts so bad? It reminded me of how bad Star Trek Discovery’s kiligon scenes area

Last edited:

GreyHorace

I want to see more new locations and fun charecters. More comedy and down to earth people, the show really made Star Wars feel more personable.

I want to see less super cringe worthy mandilorian lore/armor lady. Easily the worst part of the show and almost made me stop watching with how badly it was executed. Like how did they make those parts so bad? It reminded me of how bad Star Trek Discovery’s kiligon scenes area
Really? I thought those were some of best parts of the show, and the Armorer was one of my favorite characters.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Really? I thought those were some of best parts of the show, and the Armorer was one of my favorite characters.

yeah I hated it. the Idea is cool, the execution was piss poor. The lighting of the scenes was horrible, the dialogue and dilvery felt like some fricken horrible table top dungeons and dragons shit. It made the show feel cheap... super cheap.

if they do keep it, I hope they get a more competent DP in there for those scenes, redesign her horrible armor and maybe change the actress or give her better lines?

oh and the music! Please for the love of god change the composer. Murray Gold is available, hire him!!!

Last edited:

HarryKS

Baby Yoda saved the show. It's not particularly special. Like something from a bygone era.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I hope the baby stays the baby. I don’t want some teenage Groot bollocks going down, I want this kid to be the same age. No time jump.

I wouldn’t mind a cameo of boba fett, just to give an answer to his death. It’s been hinted at a million times he survived that pussy ass death. As my wife said every episode “I though fett was the most bad ass bounty hunter? He went out like a bitch compared to mando.” So yeah, let’s see him, as an actual bad ass that does something.

Name the baby, leave the species until series three. I’m happy not knowing his species but not having a name is annoying. It’s easier to say “baby Yoda” but the geek on me cries when I do.

Give me longer episodes. Look, I don’t want hour long ones. Witcher at times felt like they could have cut 15mins off it that was just padding. But make the standard time 45mins.

Other than that, keep it the same. The show was easily our favourite this year. Just do the same again. Keep the humour, keep the callbacks, keep the baby being so fucking stupidly over the top cute. Continue to show me storm/scout troopers who can’t shoot for shit, and Mando getting into trouble just by being there.

I still want stand alone episodes. Stories that go off on a single adventure in strange locales. Unlike some, I really liked ep 4 with the group of people just trying to live post-Empire and dealing with the fallout of fallen empires and tech falling into strange hands.

40-45 min runtimes.

Some glimpse of the New Republic. It's whats been lacking from all Star Wars visual media.

Mostly more of the same.

Romulus

I thought the empire villain tie fighter guy was horribly cast. I honestly feel like carl weathers and him should reverse roles.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I thought the empire villain tie fighter guy was horribly cast. I honestly feel like carl weathers and him should reverse roles.

I think I agree with this assessment. Giancarlo Esposito was brilliant in BB and BCS. He’s more cunning than “show of force” which Carl Weathers would be better at.

I think the obi wan tie in will occur....hopefully he sticks around for a few episodes

More focus on the single stories...they were the best episodes

The Imperials Mando deals with are part of the Imperial Remnant. There's numerous references about the fall of the Empire throughout the series. In the first episode he refuses to be paid in Imperial credits because they're now worthless. And in episode 6, the prison ship they break in is owned by the New Republic.
I must of misheard it...makes sense now ..thank u :)

Cancel it and make the show that was being written before the Disney purchase.

Alternatively, just give all of it to the guy who directed 2 and 6. Those are the best. The ones with actual visual storytelling.

Definitely keep the Jedi away from the show and keep the Force mysterious. Let Mando believe that Baby Yoda does magic.
I think focusing on bounty hunting and those early self contained episodes were the best star wars we have seen in a while

Keep doing those....drop off baby yoda and have more badass mando shooting up sand people

I'd like them to feature Luke, Leia, Han and chewie as cameos and going forwards ignore the sequel trilogy and have it that Lukes Jedi are never wiped out, basically straight up ignore the events in those movies and make a parallel timeline.

Mando could become an enforcer or whatever for the new Jedi, maybe swear to protect baby yoda until he is an adult, that way we could have jedi side quests as well.

Also Kyle Katarn

GV82

I thought I knew what I wanted but I really don’t, I was going to reply yesterday that I don’t want to see Jedi Type Characters e.g other than Baby Yoda for now.

But having slept on it, I now think why not?, like what if Obi-Wan had a cameo? It would have to be a flashback of course, he wasn’t in Mandos flashback but maybe Cara of Alderaan has come across Obi-Wan in her past especially as a Rebel Shocktrooper.

Doczu

It was a letdown when they took his helmet off in the seasons finale, hoped they wouldn't do it, so i hope for season two that this will be left unchanged.

I hope the forge lady mandalorian survived and we will see more of her.

Ditto on Bobba! Would want to see a stand off between Mando and Fett!

Please don't name the secies or show us a planet full of Yoda's. Please don't!

But double dup on the Kamino easter eggs. Make baby Yoda eirher a clone of the old one, or make them want to get him to clone and vivisted the child.

thequestion

In season two, I think we’re going to get more crime syndicate stuff - Hutts. I would like to see a Hutt boss have a captured Jedi (she would not be very powerful, maybe even only force sensitive.) Mando saves her, and she becomes a crew member - think Mara Jade or something similar.

I don’t actually want to see Boba Fett. I think his appearance would steal the spotlight from Mando.

More republic stuff would be cool. Now that they are in power, it’s interesting to see how they are struggling to maintain peace and order in the galaxy.

If my wish of adding weak force user to the main crew, happens in the show, I would like to see in the season finale, Moff Gideon wield his dark Saber and face off in a lightsaber dual against said Jedi, and win. (Weak force users, who are very flawed, are infinitely more interesting than all powerful flawless Jedi master characters, imo)

Lengthen the run time of the episodes and boost the season to at least 10 episodes, please.

With the longer runtimes, I wish each episode would cut between Mando’s adventures and Moff Gideon and the First order - like they do in the movies. Getting perspective form each side, would make each episode feel like full course meal, rather than a really delicious appetizer.

Top Bottom